Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

LadyKulvax's Avatar


LadyKulvax
03.14.2013 , 05:12 PM | #471
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
As part of your quote you mentioned that the Exile could not grasp Traya's sight. I'm not sure how easy it'll be for her to teach the entire Sith Triumvirate. It takes time to learn Force skills. And Force Sight isn't exactly simple.
I didn't mean she couldn't learn it, only that she didn't share the ability with Traya, it basically says she re-learnt precognition at the time, I don't think Traya ever tried to teach the Exile her very specific 'Sense Energy' if you want to call it that.
"Go ahead, Rebel—let's get it over with. Turn Grand Admiral Teshik to smoke. You'll be smoke, too, soon enough. For each of our wars is just one little piece of a greater war, one endless and incalculably larger."
Peace War Death

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
03.14.2013 , 05:15 PM | #472
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
I am glad you have decided to join us my old friend, I am also glad that you've joined the right side of the debate. *Palpatine grin*
Well I took a long time to consider everything and all of the points put forth. That and I was on a sort of 'mini vacation' so I was busy.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

LadyKulvax's Avatar


LadyKulvax
03.14.2013 , 05:17 PM | #473
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
Knowing there is a ship in the area and being able to blow it out of the sky are two totally different things.
G0-T0's yacht can't escape with the interdictors there and all the Sith need to do is capture an Hk-50 droid and get it to tell them where the yacht is, via torture, they are not totally loyal, they do give up information, case in point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nySndZSb3Q
Once one of the droids do give up it's position or a rendezvous point, the Sith cruisers will turn that glorified pleasure yacht into just another hollow vessel joining the graveyard of Malachor V.
"Go ahead, Rebel—let's get it over with. Turn Grand Admiral Teshik to smoke. You'll be smoke, too, soon enough. For each of our wars is just one little piece of a greater war, one endless and incalculably larger."
Peace War Death

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
03.14.2013 , 05:20 PM | #474
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
G0-T0's yacht can't escape with the interdictors there and all the Sith need to do is capture an Hk-50 droid and get it to tell them where the yacht is, via torture, they are not totally loyal, they do give up information, case in point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nySndZSb3Q
Once one of the droids do give up it's position or a rendezvous point, the Sith cruisers will turn that glorified pleasure yacht into just another hollow vessel joining the graveyard of Malachor V.
I lol'd at the torture scene, but its also not like they can't dismantle an HK droid either. Though torture should be hilarious.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
03.14.2013 , 05:21 PM | #475
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
I understand this argument, I just don't understand the impact of it.
The point is that, how many criminals are going to want to sign up with G0-T0 when they start to see bodies pile up? They will see death as a certainty. Some criminals are brave, but not brave enough to join up with someone when death is almost certain. You may even see Exchange members abandon G0-T0 in the face of this danger. Each member of the Exchange is going to ask themselves one question: Is getting paid by G0-T0 worth the high chance of dying?

Traya's Assassins create paranoia. G0-T0's HKs do not because of the simple fact that Traya's servants are bound to her and consumed by darkness.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
03.14.2013 , 05:21 PM | #476
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
G0-T0's yacht can't escape with the interdictors there and all the Sith need to do is capture an Hk-50 droid and get it to tell them where the yacht is, via torture, they are not totally loyal, they do give up information, case in point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nySndZSb3Q
Once one of the droids do give up it's position or a rendezvous point, the Sith cruisers will turn that glorified pleasure yacht into just another hollow vessel joining the graveyard of Malachor V.
I'm not sure anyone really knows how to torture droids other than droids. I mean, I'm just saying, EV-9D9 was a droid too. But I see your point.

However, there won't be a rendezvous point. G0-T0 figures they'll be killed in the blast. Also, Interdictors only prevent lightspeed travel in that system. G0-T0 can easily fly out farther from the planet and to the edge of the solar system, then escape.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
03.14.2013 , 05:24 PM | #477
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Traya's Assassins create paranoia. G0-T0's HKs do not because of the simple fact that Traya's servants are bound to her and consumed by darkness.
What?

If G0-T0 says "Hey look everybody! You know that one series of assassin droid, you know, the most dangerous in our galaxy? Yeah, I've actually been mass producing those for years! Anyone want out?" I think that's gonna make people think twice about betraying G0-T0.

They have no idea what Traya's assassins are, and frankly they seem more like a myth than anything. The threat of HKs is all too real and something underworld figures know to fear.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

BlazingShadow's Avatar


BlazingShadow
03.14.2013 , 05:27 PM | #478
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
*Rubs temples*

I am trying to be pleasant, but you're being awfully abrasive.

I did bring this up early on in this Kaggath, and I suppose I will again. This is the least biased evaluation of the HK unit's power you will ever find. I promise.

---

We can compare the HK-50s to the HK-51s:


So the HK-51's were upgraded versions of the HK-50s in accuracy and defense. (Which doesn't mean the HK-50's weren't plenty good in both already.)

So any abilities the HK-51's have in SWTOR can be translated to the HK-50's here, with a debuff to accuracy and a lower armor rating. That's what I got for their combat effectiveness.
*rubs temples*

According to wookie, that quote is from TSL cut content, not SWTOR, so any abilities they had in TSL are what they have, not what HK-51s have in SWTOR.

2) Follow me here: it took 4 PCs from SWTOR to take on HK-47. Companions suck compared even to PCs, maybe 1/2 or 1/3 of their strength. 4x3=12, 4x2=8, so it could take anywhere between 8-12 51s to beat someone not even of Kreia's power but a comparable example. But we're not talking 51s, we're talking 50s, meaning it would take quite a few more for Kreia to even break a sweat.

LadyKulvax's Avatar


LadyKulvax
03.14.2013 , 05:27 PM | #479
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
I'm not sure anyone really knows how to torture droids other than droids. I mean, I'm just saying, EV-9D9 was a droid too. But I see your point.
The Hk-51 didn't seem to be enduring the pain exactly when my Inquisitor blasted it with force lightning

Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
However, there won't be a rendezvous point. G0-T0 figures they'll be killed in the blast. Also, Interdictors only prevent lightspeed travel in that system. G0-T0 can easily fly out farther from the planet and to the edge of the solar system, then escape.
There is only one way in or out of the Malachor system(Which has no sun and only three planets), that's partly why the Mandalorians chose it to make their final stand.

In-fact one of the tactics that was reported was the Mandalorians trying to close off the one way hyperspace route with interdiction vessels of their own, so they could trap as many Republic vessels as possible and destroy them in the system.
"Go ahead, Rebel—let's get it over with. Turn Grand Admiral Teshik to smoke. You'll be smoke, too, soon enough. For each of our wars is just one little piece of a greater war, one endless and incalculably larger."
Peace War Death

BlazingShadow's Avatar


BlazingShadow
03.14.2013 , 05:31 PM | #480
hold on, Warren, let's pretend for a moment that your HK quote is canon. That's the assessment of HK-51s when the HK factory is found, not when they're developed and produced (and eventually lost) alot of things can change in 200-300 years with a droid model.