Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Xenoanalyst HM & SM gear requirements


SWGEvictee's Avatar


SWGEvictee
03.13.2013 , 02:23 PM | #1
What level gear is base level for dps and tank roles in these fights to be an affective part of the teams?

Infalliable's Avatar


Infalliable
03.14.2013 , 08:34 AM | #2
For SM, Tionese/Columi is really okay. SM is a joke.

For HM, you should have at least Black hole gear.

Obviously, skill and team makeup matters as well (so you'll always seem some variation in opinion) but these guidelines should work.

mikebevo's Avatar


mikebevo
03.14.2013 , 09:37 AM | #3
We 5 manned story mode (8m) and we 9 manned SM (16m), so I totally agree with Infalliable Tionese/Columi is fine for story mode.

HM I would also agree at least for the Tank to be BH or better, however for dps, depending on tanks and healers skill/gear, Rakata or better is fine for dps. Of course like Infalliable wrote, it will all depend on the skill/team make up. We’ve done it with 2 healers and 3 tanks and the rest dps, so numbers of dps made up for any shortcomings in dps gear. It also helped that we had two scoundrel healers, as we could ignore some game mechanics and just stealth rez a tank or a dps that accidently taunted. However, we were largely pretty well coordinated as the majority of the group has been playing together for over a year, some since launch, and we were using Vent. In my opinion HM 8 and 16m is a joke too, but I know that feeling comes from my group and my opinion would be vastly different without those people if I were just pugging it. Although the one group I pugged with last time, made HM 16m Xeno seem like a joke too, but I just healed with a guild that needed a healer, so other than me they were well corrdinated.

SWGEvictee's Avatar


SWGEvictee
03.14.2013 , 09:57 AM | #4
Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'll be stuck with the SMs for now.

HoboWithAStick's Avatar


HoboWithAStick
03.14.2013 , 10:27 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
We 5 manned story mode (8m) and we 9 manned SM (16m), so I totally agree with Infalliable Tionese/Columi is fine for story mode.
4 Manned 8 man http://youtu.be/_rdJP0uT170

5 manned 16 man http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M65v...qEwmGIfwXK2UOQ

mikebevo's Avatar


mikebevo
03.14.2013 , 12:23 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by HoboWithAStick View Post
Sorry if I came off as someone that was trying to impress, I would have rather done it with 8 and 16 people, that was just all we had at the time. I was just trying to point out gear was not a issue in SM.

Elyssandra's Avatar


Elyssandra
03.15.2013 , 12:44 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
Sorry if I came off as someone that was trying to impress
lol

ebado's Avatar


ebado
03.15.2013 , 01:16 AM | #8
If you have anything above Tionese, SM puts you to sleep it seems.

As far as 16m HM (I've yet to bother with 8m HM), Columi really is probably enough, though maybe your tanks may want some better gear. The gear check isn't that hard. It gives you a bit of breathing room if you are slow getting on targets, but if you aren't, there isn't really an issue. WIth BH gear across your ops, you probably are fast enough to skip or trivialize certain parts. I've done 16m HM with most of the group in augmented WH/EWH (including tanks) and it's not really an issue.

That said, I can certainly understand wanting people to overgear it you happen to be pugging, though the encounter is simple.
kolto and corrosives
window legacy - the bastion

abokado's Avatar


abokado
03.15.2013 , 06:25 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ebado View Post
If you have anything above Tionese, SM puts you to sleep it seems.

As far as 16m HM (I've yet to bother with 8m HM), Columi really is probably enough, though maybe your tanks may want some better gear. The gear check isn't that hard. It gives you a bit of breathing room if you are slow getting on targets, but if you aren't, there isn't really an issue. WIth BH gear across your ops, you probably are fast enough to skip or trivialize certain parts. I've done 16m HM with most of the group in augmented WH/EWH (including tanks) and it's not really an issue.

That said, I can certainly understand wanting people to overgear it you happen to be pugging, though the encounter is simple.
I tried Xeno 8m HM with my sorc dd in columi gear and it didn't quite work. It was an alt run from my guild and I don't remember how the others were geared, though columi really is not quite enough. I mean, HM does drop T5, so, yeah.

ebado's Avatar


ebado
03.15.2013 , 09:53 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by abokado View Post
I tried Xeno 8m HM with my sorc dd in columi gear and it didn't quite work. It was an alt run from my guild and I don't remember how the others were geared, though columi really is not quite enough. I mean, HM does drop T5, so, yeah.
I haven't had an issue yet with people mostly in Columi, but it is my understanding that 8m HM is a bit less loosey goosey than the snorefest that is 16m. Like I said, I haven't bothered with 8m HM yet as I don't see the point.

We three healed 16 HM the other day with all three healers in Columi and a piece or two of BH and I've been in groups where most of the damage dealers were in Columi or WH, as well. We're you augmented?
kolto and corrosives
window legacy - the bastion