Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How much DPS should a sniper be doing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Imperial Agent > Sniper
How much DPS should a sniper be doing?

verfallen
03.09.2013 , 02:19 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
Running the hybrid specc and my gear is 60% Blackhole/Campaign and 40% Dreadguard/Hazmat, here is my latest parse that I made for a guide for my guild: http://www.torparse.com/a/155749/1/0/Overview
Nice parse.

I see you did it on fleet, too lol.

Your crit was rather high tough. Lucky streak or running a crapload of it?

And might help the OP to mention itemnization etc.

RikuvonDrake
03.10.2013 , 08:48 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by verfallen View Post
Nice parse.

I see you did it on fleet, too lol.

Your crit was rather high tough. Lucky streak or running a crapload of it?

And might help the OP to mention itemnization etc.
Yea I used the one I did on fleet since if I would link a bossfight, it wouldn't help OP as much since almost all bossfights are different in terms of jobs/positioning/AoE and other stuff. Regarding crit, when running the hybrid you need about 40% to have a healthy energy regeneration since the specc is very heavy on your energy management, more crits = more energy. Na it wasn't really a lucky streak nor did I do a crapload of parsers, it would say that I am normally around that amount of crit, give or take a few %.

Stats I am aiming for:
300 Surge
346 Crit
300 Accuracy
and rest of the points I have placed in power, I am also using the Dread Guard Relic of Boundless Age as well as the Dread Guard Relic of Dark Radiance, also used Exotech Stim/Adrenal as well as all buffs, farmed all datacrons etc.
Gate Crasher - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress - The Eternal Warrior
Not Good Enough | Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rebel Dream | Riku
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

verfallen
03.10.2013 , 11:41 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
Yea I used the one I did on fleet since if I would link a bossfight, it wouldn't help OP as much since almost all bossfights are different in terms of jobs/positioning/AoE and other stuff. Regarding crit, when running the hybrid you need about 40% to have a healthy energy regeneration since the specc is very heavy on your energy management, more crits = more energy. Na it wasn't really a lucky streak nor did I do a crapload of parsers, it would say that I am normally around that amount of crit, give or take a few %.

Stats I am aiming for:
300 Surge
346 Crit
300 Accuracy
and rest of the points I have placed in power, I am also using the Dread Guard Relic of Boundless Age as well as the Dread Guard Relic of Dark Radiance, also used Exotech Stim/Adrenal as well as all buffs, farmed all datacrons etc.
Get that ship dummy asap :P

So much better while parsing. Less lag, peace & quiet, and you avoid having other people and their debuffs with you.

Just did a new parse with a week worth of BH pieces, still lacking the relics, and my current crit is higher than what I normally put, (356) in prevision of swapping the BM relic that gives me 61 crit/surge for DG BA or internal proc one, and I have go agree the extra crit is nice on energy. Might aim for 350 running Leth (thats pre-2,0 I guess tough) min/maxed.

MasterJacer
03.14.2013 , 03:35 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyysjan View Post
My marksmanship sniper is in full blackhole setup (except belt is rakata, gloves/relic dreadguard, one relic from color crystals, every item has a purple +cunning augmentation)
2244 cunning
Damage (primary) 1061 - 1158
Bonus Damage 623.2
99.70% accuracy (109.70% tech attacks)
41.87% crit change
78.48% crit multiplier
My dps hovers around 1,4k in an average hm ops boss fight.
No matter what i try, can't seem to get it higher, i see some people claiming 1,7k dps parses on dummy, but i just can't get it past where i am now for some reason.
Pretty much full 61, you should be doing ~1.7-1.8k, fully optimized raiders would put parses up at 2k. And yes you have too much crit, a little too much surge, pull a few crit modifications, 1 surge one, and put in some power.
Yttrunchach: Sniper - The Ebon Hawk - <Nemesis>

verfallen
03.14.2013 , 06:20 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterJacer View Post
Pretty much full 61, you should be doing ~1.7-1.8k, fully optimized raiders would put parses up at 2k. And yes you have too much crit, a little too much surge, pull a few crit modifications, 1 surge one, and put in some power.
Not sure full MM currently can do 2k in BH.

Its above sorc I'm fairly sure but below arsenal merc and leth and leth/eng.

So i's say 1,7k sounds alright.

Svii
03.15.2013 , 03:07 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterJacer View Post
Very hard to get 2k dps parse on a dummy in MM spec, not parsed on dummy since I got all my gear, but 1.9k is doable.

Surge is fine, there's nothing to replace it with except for Alacrity.

Dropping crit rating between 250-350 seems to be the sweet spot for MM, either end of that doesn't seem like a DPS difference.

Depending on the boss fight, 1.4k is good in full BH. If we take Firebrand/Stormcaller as an example, this is around what I did at the time in similar gear. Now in EC NiM and fully optimized I can reliably pull 1700+ DPS on this fight, partly because I know it so well.

Svii - Sniper
Impetus Norvegicus
Bloodworthy => ToFN