Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Light Side Sith Inquisitor?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Izorii
03.01.2013 , 03:47 PM | #21
I played my Sith Inquitor over a year ago so I dont remember the entire story but I recall it was actually quite easy to play light side a lot of the dark side options would just make enemies most of which might come back for revenge later but the light side made allies after that I did my BH with one goal he was the most evil psychopath around and picked every dark side option I could, killing anyone I got the choice to that was actually much harder because many of the dark side options were just plain stupid.

Damgan
03.02.2013 , 04:03 AM | #22
This thread is just made for me.

The philosophy I have always had with my LS Sorcerer is that the Empire hasn't done much for me, so I don't see why I should care about it. Taking Lightside options on the Imperial side always feels more rewarding, because LS on the Rep side is pretty much a given.

One example from the Inquisitor story (Still my favourite class story, including the Agent) is the plotline on Alderaan. The Lightside path is a yarn of cunning political and social manipulation, ending in a fantastic ideological and physical duel with Master Organa. Don't recall all the details of the dialogue then, but something like:

Spoiler

By contrast, when I took my Darkside Assassin there, I found that the DS path was just about killing everyone between you and your goal. Which was truly dull.
I take a DS choice here and there on my LS Sorc, but mainly when I've been wronged and I lose my temper, such as with Lord Cineratus and the Sith on Korriban who uncovered Kallig's Countenance. These are rare, though, and I am usually LS. The best Lightside choices are when you help people who were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time, such as Darth Skotia's Trandoshans or Mila Escalus, as someone with the Inquisitor's background can relate to them easily.

The LS and DS choices you make throughout Chapter Two seem to affect the choice you are given at the end of Chapter Three.

Spoiler

So on the whole, I loved the LS story, and I get annoyed when I see the community refer to the Inquisitor as "Darth Nox" despite the way that you can play a kind of LS philosopher-Sith, with less interest in the war or the Empire than in the secrets of the Force, and get out of it a better storyline and a more interesting, less stereotypical character.

Just my thoughts.
Storyline Junkie Casual PvEr Galactic Starfighter

DAWUSS
03.02.2013 , 10:58 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Damgan View Post
So on the whole, I loved the LS story, and I get annoyed when I see the community refer to the Inquisitor as "Darth Nox" despite the way that you can play a kind of LS philosopher-Sith, with less interest in the war or the Empire than in the secrets of the Force, and get out of it a better storyline and a more interesting, less stereotypical character.

Just my thoughts.
I'd be happy if Darth Imperius became the Canon SI for essentially those reasons (an LS Sith would definitely break a mold). I thought LS fit a lot better primarily because of the SI's slavery background - the "When I'm in power, I'm not going to be these people!" line of thought. My LS SI made a few DS choices here and there, but for the most part my SI leaned toward the light side. There are some differences, as mine is a bit more dedicated to the Empire and the well-being of its citizens than acquiring ancient Sith history (mine would see that as a secondary activity).

Of course, I'm not holding my breath on LS SI being the canon storyline.

Scovina
03.03.2013 , 03:06 AM | #24
I honestly get more pleasure out of people gasping in FP's about me not making a dark side choice than the story itself. I had no intention of following a scripted set of rules for light vs dark choices. I have from the very beginning made choices that I thought would best benefit me and my position in the Empire. No other factors came into play except the occasional betrayal that felt oh so good however for the most part I have made primarily light side choices.

Ugolino
03.03.2013 , 06:06 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabenschwinge View Post
I am playing a light side sith inquisitor and wondered how other of you handle that. The idea is that she's not really acting out of defiance but out of a natural affinity to act calm and compassionate. She would really view herself as much dark side as it gets. The Sith Inquisitor, at least the female one, has something sly and witty about it that sometimes makes the light side options come relatively easy, sometimes it's simply the most logical solution because the dark side option would mean forfeiting valueable assets, but other times they are either dumb or dangerous. So far I have restrained myself from taking any dark side option, but it's getting harder.

I'll try to explain the situations vague, so they don't qualify as spoiler: Yesterday I freed a fellow Sith out of a prison and I wanted him to give me something particular of value to me. In the end there was no neutral option anymore. I can choose to not free him, threaten him or let him go. Two dark side and one light side. Now, considering that the guy was a self-important major jerk ("My contact mentioned that he was working with another Sith, but he didn't say it was a filthy alien") I felt really dirty after that scene.

At other times I let people go who actually may mean harm to the Empire in future. Such as a defector who proved helpful to me, but may very well work for the Republic in future. And the other choice would not have been to kill him, just force him to stay. It's one thing being nice to people if you can effort it, but another helping people to oppose the Empire.

Curiosuly alignment choices in either direction are often combined with accepting bribes, even light side ones. I don't know whether accepting a bribe to deviate from your principles is particularly light side.

So I wonder, do you light side Sith Inquisitors really always choose the light side, or click a dark side option every now and then if the light side really doesn't make any sense at all?
Think of it as the Force guiding them to do something that seems stupid, but which will work out in the end. Jedi let the Force guide their decisions, Sith use the Force to enforce their decisions. Maybe your lightsider's just doing things Jedi-style.

Rabenschwinge
03.03.2013 , 10:11 AM | #26
I've gone over to just disregard that light side / dark side stuff and choose what I think is right. I also try to not make such abusive use of the escape key anymore, though it's hard when you character says something completely different than you expected. My character is still a loyal member of the Empire, who simply does things her own way... and hopes give the Empire a push in the right direction.

I described how I see my Inquisitor in detail in a similar thread here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...p;postcount=47
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

Scovina
03.03.2013 , 11:09 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabenschwinge View Post
I've gone over to just disregard that light side / dark side stuff and choose what I think is right. I also try to not make such abusive use of the escape key anymore, though it's hard when you character says something completely different than you expected. My character is still a loyal member of the Empire, who simply does things her own way... and hopes give the Empire a push in the right direction.

I described how I see my Inquisitor in detail in a similar thread here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...p;postcount=47
Yeah that is something that irritates me. Sometimes what you actually say versus what is showed on the wheel is almost completely different. There are times that I want to say something sarcastic butt hen it comes off lame and other times it's 100 times better than I thought it would be.

Rabenschwinge
03.03.2013 , 11:59 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Scovina View Post
Yeah that is something that irritates me. Sometimes what you actually say versus what is showed on the wheel is almost completely different. There are times that I want to say something sarcastic butt hen it comes off lame and other times it's 100 times better than I thought it would be.
I remember when case, where an answer I gave used the exact wording that was used label on a different option... unfortunately I don't remember where.
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

Shadokitty
03.07.2013 , 09:19 PM | #29
My Assassin is mostly light side, due to the fact of being forced to master the dark arts. Though if there had been an option to kill her first teacher on Korriban, she would have jumped at it.

lironBD
03.09.2013 , 02:14 PM | #30
I was playing full dark side evil sob sorcerer pureblood sith.

and oh boy... I can never get enough of those lovely [shock] lines.

"oh and before I leave.... something to remind you of me [shock]...."
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer