Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How much DPS should a sniper be doing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
How much DPS should a sniper be doing?

migzmando
03.06.2013 , 03:02 PM | #1
In full rakata gear, in lethality spec, and using the proper rotations? Thank you for your responses.

NotRonin
03.06.2013 , 09:16 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by migzmando View Post
In full rakata gear, in lethality spec, and using the proper rotations? Thank you for your responses.
About 1400-1600, depending on how optimized your gear is.

Nyysjan
03.07.2013 , 09:16 AM | #3
My marksmanship sniper is in full blackhole setup (except belt is rakata, gloves/relic dreadguard, one relic from color crystals, every item has a purple +cunning augmentation)
2244 cunning
Damage (primary) 1061 - 1158
Bonus Damage 623.2
99.70% accuracy (109.70% tech attacks)
41.87% crit change
78.48% crit multiplier
My dps hovers around 1,4k in an average hm ops boss fight.
No matter what i try, can't seem to get it higher, i see some people claiming 1,7k dps parses on dummy, but i just can't get it past where i am now for some reason.
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudKiller View Post
Agent: "If you want a door smashed down call a Sith Warrior, if you want a door blow to pieces call a Bounty Hunter, if you want the key to the door and the knowledge of what lies beyond it then you call me."

verfallen
03.07.2013 , 11:06 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyysjan View Post
My marksmanship sniper is in full blackhole setup (except belt is rakata, gloves/relic dreadguard, one relic from color crystals, every item has a purple +cunning augmentation)
2244 cunning
Damage (primary) 1061 - 1158
Bonus Damage 623.2
99.70% accuracy (109.70% tech attacks)
41.87% crit change
78.48% crit multiplier
My dps hovers around 1,4k in an average hm ops boss fight.
No matter what i try, can't seem to get it higher, i see some people claiming 1,7k dps parses on dummy, but i just can't get it past where i am now for some reason.
You have way too much crit I think. Even without the bonus you have around 39%, which makes me think you probably have a rating around 450-500.

Drop about 100-150 crit for power and you'll see a dps increase.

Also, parse on the dummy. You'll see how much blunt dps you do when unaffected by movement and such. Depending on which parser you use, 1,4k can be more or less a conservative number.

migzmando
03.07.2013 , 03:19 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by verfallen View Post
You have way too much crit I think. Even without the bonus you have around 39%, which makes me think you probably have a rating around 450-500.

Also, parse on the dummy. You'll see how much blunt dps you do when unaffected by movement and such. Depending on which parser you use, 1,4k can be more or less a conservative number.
...this. It is my issue as well. My crit was over 40. You want your crit to be around 30 base. You want your power to be around 1k. It's the reason in full rakata gear I can't get my dps above 1200. All the pieces have crit on them and that's only necessary to around 300-350 crit rating or 30%. Power and surge much more important once your at 30%. The trouble is, I want to retool my gear, but I'm so damn broke, and I'm not making any money except for dailies so it makes it hard for me.

paowee
03.07.2013 , 04:16 PM | #6
As Full Lethality, back in live, I like my crit to be around 38%. So that coupled with the +12% talent, I end up with roughly 50% chance to crit on my DoTs But imo, 300 Crit Rating should be fine..
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

verfallen
03.07.2013 , 04:26 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
As Full Lethality, back in live, I like my crit to be around 38%. So that coupled with the +12% talent, I end up with roughly 50% chance to crit on my DoTs But imo, 300 Crit Rating should be fine..
Assuming augment, and the +3 crit chance at the bottom of Lethality's tree, that would be roughly the end result of 300 crit rating.

I'm at 37.7ish with I think 305 of crit rating. Running MM I get a total of 36,7 % since I take the 3 points of Explosive engineering for a 31/8/2 spec.

paowee
03.07.2013 , 04:36 PM | #8
Assuming augment, and the +3 crit chance at the bottom of Lethality's tree, that would be roughly the end result of 300 crit rating.

I'm at 37.7ish with I think 305 of crit rating. Running MM I get a total of 36,7 % since I take the 3 points of Explosive engineering for a 31/8/2 spec.
And if you want you can swap some mods around to adjust crit as well. When I run Hybrid im at 348 Crit Rating, Lethality 300 Crit Rating and MM 220 Crit Rating. These are roughly the numbers from what i've gathered in mmo-mechanics.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Nyysjan
03.07.2013 , 11:23 PM | #9

Actually, i have 381 Crit Rating, 402 Surge Rating and 511 Power Rating.
I have been moving away from Surge/Crit and stuffing more points into Power though.

Also, i'm using the SWMonitor ingame parser, tried using ACT, but never could get it to work, tried MOX parser, didn't like it for some reason.
Haven't tried any offline parsing since i was in Rakata (and Rakata was the best gear around) when i was doing 1,1 to 1,2k dps in a good fight (against a dummy)
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudKiller View Post
Agent: "If you want a door smashed down call a Sith Warrior, if you want a door blow to pieces call a Bounty Hunter, if you want the key to the door and the knowledge of what lies beyond it then you call me."

verfallen
03.08.2013 , 01:32 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyysjan View Post
Actually, i have 381 Crit Rating, 402 Surge Rating and 511 Power Rating.
I have been moving away from Surge/Crit and stuffing more points into Power though.

Also, i'm using the SWMonitor ingame parser, tried using ACT, but never could get it to work, tried MOX parser, didn't like it for some reason.
Haven't tried any offline parsing since i was in Rakata (and Rakata was the best gear around) when i was doing 1,1 to 1,2k dps in a good fight (against a dummy)
Ok, there is something strange here. I checked my exact stats on my sniper, and you should have more than that.

Currently I'm mostly in tio/columni, altough I used comms on two of my character to transfer a good itemnization of those, with one BH (gloves), 63 barrel and WH offhand.

My weapons help me, but I shouldn't be able to outdps a full rakata sniper assuming same rotation.

My stats are currently:

298 crit
1808 cunning (still unaugmented, its on tomorrow's planning ) exostimmed
660 power

Crit % : 37,80
Bonus tech damage : 840

Surge rating : 340
Acc rating 178

Acc : 96,91 (without taking MM skill when prefering cull damage to it)
Crit damage : 77% (forgot decimals)

I have even with lesser quality mod more power/crit than you, so I'd suppose you have many low power/crit high cunning mods, maybe some high endurance enhencement (my hp is a few points shy of 17k buffed). I do have some level 40 augment that gives me 20 power 8 crit overall (the 8 crit is a level 23 augment =D) but you should still have more than I do.

I also just parsed and I hit 1485 on the dummy, altough i made a few minor mistakes energy wise on that spec (delayed a cull twice due to that, and one fired with CD running off after first tick)

So I'd say check your mods, 1st.

If its not that, check your spec (put it up there if you want us to check)

And lastly, it could be a rotation issue.

But from what I see, you probably have some not that good mods in there.

As said, I'm in tio/columni but used legacy gear to transfer over some mods, and the result was probably the sole min/maxed TIO sniper on my server when I hit 50 :P

EDIT
Edited the log for TORparse, so you can compare your % maybe.

http://www.torparse.com/a/157884/1/0/Overview

SOme note :

-my spec is a lethality/eng hybrid, exact spec being : http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#40...bRoZG0rkrMhd.2

-Pre-cast of Orbital strike, like I normally do on raid (tank countdown 4-3-2-1 where we all have fun preloading an attack) This is the explanation of the very high burst at start.

-slowed dps a tad bit near the end by delaying IP to time it with the poisons in prevision of combatexit.

-Parse is edited so last attack is effectively combatexit (changed time on combat exit to match)

-self-buffed with a universal buff (altholic power!)

-Exotech cunning stim on.

-No adrenals (altough I guess its rather obvious from the total lack of bump in the dps curve)

Also I do consider it, upon uploading a fairly lucky parse:

-High crit rate on ambush, no miss (slightly offset by OS and IP being a bit more stubborn tough, but still)

At any rate, I put that up there to show it is not just number out of my hair.

I found pure lethality to parse roughtly 100 dps behind this (I'm still at dummy run and SM ops with it, since I make too many mistake for my taste with it still) but the potential is certainly there. This is by far the best results I've seen with the gear level I have.

I'm very enthousiastic about seeing what the class can do, and I hope I'll be able to gear it fast enough to beat 2,0 going live with it.

Try to make one here, I'll parse pure lethality tomorrow night after work and you can check with your numbers how it compares.