Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why SWTOR is not successfull

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Why SWTOR is not successfull

Rabenschwinge
03.07.2013 , 10:05 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by theUndead View Post
I am pretty sure that the game at this moment in time is doing fine considering the revenue made from the CM and the slow increase of subs.
Are there solid, official numbers on the subscriber and turnover development of SW:TOR? (It's not just the subscribers after all, but also the money spent to buy cartel coins)

It was my impression, while SW:TOR was less successful than EA hoped it would be after the blazing start, it's still the second most successful MMO in existence...
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

JDCHobson
03.07.2013 , 10:25 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ad-Astra View Post
Wrong, it is successful, as many people play it and will continue to do so, as your leaving or have left already, then your just one player whom folk won't miss, just play the game and enjoy the ride, it's STARWARS!!, all other mmo's are copies of what's been before , dungeon master, elves, dwarves, warriors magicians etc, we get to play with concussion missiles, lasers, light sabres, what's not to like, bring on 2.0. Cannae wait.
Cannot agree more with this guy.
Lugenn LVL 50 Merc

psandak
03.07.2013 , 11:05 AM | #23
OP,

"successful" is a relative term.

WoW is the king of the hill of MMOs. At its peak WoW had more subscriptions than most other MMOs combined. If you measure success based on a WoW lens no MMO will ever be successful again because NO MMO will ever match WoW's appeal at its peak.

On the other hand, if you look at SWTOR through the lens of every other MMO in existence, it has been VERY successful for the simple fact that it now has a stable player base and is profitable for the developer to keep the servers going and develop new content for it.

Just because it does not cater to your sensibilities does not make the game unsuccessful.

Levity
03.07.2013 , 02:32 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabenschwinge View Post
Are there solid, official numbers on the subscriber and turnover development of SW:TOR? (It's not just the subscribers after all, but also the money spent to buy cartel coins)

It was my impression, while SW:TOR was less successful than EA hoped it would be after the blazing start, it's still the second most successful MMO in existence...
Hit up google. More and more people are going from f2p to preferred, to subscribers month after month.

Exarforce
03.07.2013 , 03:25 PM | #25
I only wish they would add more star wars looking armors/cloth than Mass Fail looking armor.
Not sure who is designing those armors and who is approving them but It needs to go IMO.
I am not going to complain about thier marketing stratage since I am not the one who is paying for their over head cost but please ...... make the game look more like star wars ... I am pretty sure majority of people play swtor only because it has star wars graphic.

theUndead
03.07.2013 , 05:34 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabenschwinge View Post

Forgive me. But is your reply in agreement or disagreement?
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As theUndead mentioned, I can't exactly spell out all of our policies in depth, but that should hopefully cover your concerns.

TalkingDinosaur
03.07.2013 , 05:44 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by geschmonz View Post
Well, i think there are some things bioware did wrong, but the most interesting part is focusing the blood of online games: the casual gamers.

You did not add a raid finder, because hardcore gamers didnt like it. You did not add a good dungeon finder at start, because hardcore gamers didnt like it.

You are listening to the forums way too much which are being crowded mainly by nolifers, who would like the game for themself and noone else. You targeted the complete wrong audience from the start.

Today i am going to cancel my subscription. And i dont think i will ever return, as your politics in this game and your targets are just quite wrong.
Google translate ftl.

They didn't add a GF when the game launched because BioWare didn't want us to become the robots of WoW who are just, "group up and shut up." Though, through popular demand they eventually added GF, but they didn't make it X-server so that people won't act like arses and suffer no consequences because they were on a different server.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

DarthEccen
03.07.2013 , 05:53 PM | #28
I feel like there are multiple reasons why this game wasn't as successful as everyone thought that it would be... And none of them were listed in the OP.