Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Zabuza's PvP tanking encyclopedia

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Zabuza's PvP tanking encyclopedia

ForsakenKing
03.01.2013 , 11:33 AM | #51
In comparison to Guardian/Vanguard tanks, what is your(and everyone else's who posts here ftm) opinion of shadows main tanking ability for rateds on the PTS?

Personally, i still think we are going to be relegated to off-node guarding but I dont have a guardian or Van on the PTS so I cant really compare them beyond the patch notes. Also, I really hate the change they made to slow time (inc the cool-down from 7.5 to 9secs) which was really the only reason that full kinetic was useful.

Quote: Originally Posted by NamikazeNaruto View Post
So um... apparently I can't put anymore into my guide without taking something out...Either that or I'll have to add a continuation of my guide on another post somewhere... I got this message when trying to edit my post earlier.

"Your post is 50043 characters long, please shorten it to 50000 characters"
You can always edit your post #3 or create a new one, copy/paste, reserve a few of the next, and delete all of the info in this one.

NamikazeNaruto
03.01.2013 , 09:57 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by ForsakenKing View Post
In comparison to Guardian/Vanguard tanks, what is your(and everyone else's who posts here ftm) opinion of shadows main tanking ability for rateds on the PTS?

Personally, i still think we are going to be relegated to off-node guarding but I dont have a guardian or Van on the PTS so I cant really compare them beyond the patch notes. Also, I really hate the change they made to slow time (inc the cool-down from 7.5 to 9secs) which was really the only reason that full kinetic was useful.

You can always edit your post #3 or create a new one, copy/paste, reserve a few of the next, and delete all of the info in this one.
Well, I think if anything this pretty much further solidifies Shadow's position as a node guard in rateds. The reason for this is because Phase Walk made them even better at node guarding. Shadow tanking as a whole will improve but so will Guardian's tanking.

Rilok_Singz
03.03.2013 , 11:22 PM | #53
/bump
S h a d o w R i l o k | A s s a s s i n R l o k
S t r i f e | C l i c k e r s

Refer link - http://www.swtor.com/r/6DZ2sg

DarthBama
03.07.2013 , 08:13 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by anstalt View Post
Just wanted to say I've now completed most of my tanking set, tho not min-maxed yet, and have been running around in the 22/17/2 spec for the past few days. Its been great fun! The 25% DR from AOE combined with the 25% DR from blackout are excellent, have managed to survive for ages against large groups of enemies which is seriously satisfying!

The spec is especially effective in Huttball as pretty much no matter what, I can survive all their stuns and burst damage long enough to come out the other side with enough time (plus force speed) to move the ball and get passes off :-)

Thanks again for the advice!
At the present time, is it more effctive to run with DPS gear in this spec?

stephenalandavie
03.07.2013 , 08:19 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by ForsakenKing View Post

While i still think we will be off node guarding i do find shadows to be the number 1 tank on the PTS hard to tell but their are threads with figures which state as such. Seems as our DPS trees are messed up i think its only fair we at least have the most survivability.

NamikazeNaruto
03.07.2013 , 04:52 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBama View Post
At the present time, is it more effctive to run with DPS gear in this spec?
Personally I would run pure tank gear with this spec. It is a pure tank spec, not designed for high damage. Nor is it a stellar 1v1 spec like 23/1/17 or 27/0/14. It is designed to main tank.

Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
While i still think we will be off node guarding i do find shadows to be the number 1 tank on the PTS hard to tell but their are threads with figures which state as such. Seems as our DPS trees are messed up i think its only fair we at least have the most survivability.
It pleases me to hear this, as my favorite part of shadow was tanking. We'll see if that is enough for people to select Shadows over Guardians for main tanks in 2.0

DaftVaduhhh
03.13.2013 , 10:06 PM | #57
Hey all, come take a look at the discussion I'm trying to open up in this thread, where the question is asked if the nerf to Kinetic's Project damage, out of stealth Spinning Kick, armour count and Balance's instant lift is enough to make BW revert Infil Tactics to its original position in the Infil tree.

It's intended more as a benefit to full Balance, but it obviously recreates the old hybrid and asks if it is still overpowered.
Daftvaduhh - 55 Shadow - GM of <Beyond Redemption> (The Harbinger)
La-femme - 55 Sage, Woklobster - 55 Guardian, Opfreely - 55 Sentinel
Drworm - 55 Commando, Rollface - 55 Vanguard, Leeloo'd - 55 Scoundrel, Rolling-deep - 55 Gunslinger

NamikazeNaruto
03.29.2013 , 12:19 PM | #58
One last bump before 2.0

randiesel
03.29.2013 , 02:18 PM | #59
I'll bump again for ya. Did I think it was Huttball with you last week some time on my Shadow.

This dude is legit, so read his guide
Covert-sin
Covert-ops

stephenalandavie
03.29.2013 , 08:17 PM | #60
do we know what stats to aim for in 2.0?