Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Group finder? Psht.

darkov
03.05.2013 , 04:35 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by NerfDeath View Post
there's times when i seriously don't know if its just that there's 0 people on GF or is it just bugged, for instance while doing ops through GF w. my guild one of us left(tank), we searched one for 30 min and the decided to quit. I mean it doesnt seem possible that there's not a single tank looking for ops group though GF! 0_o

and PS: we were on high priority too
Practically no one queues for ops on group finder because they never pop. You create the raid in general.

steave
03.05.2013 , 06:13 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by NerfDeath View Post
there's times when i seriously don't know if its just that there's 0 people on GF or is it just bugged, for instance while doing ops through GF w. my guild one of us left(tank), we searched one for 30 min and the decided to quit. I mean it doesnt seem possible that there's not a single tank looking for ops group though GF! 0_o

and PS: we were on high priority too
The default setting for operations is to not join in progress groups, so yes, it's almost impossible to replace the rarer roles. They would have to manually check that option.

At least on red eclipse, the queue times are not too bad for me. You've probably gotten yourself on a bunch of ignore lists.

Brittaany_Banks
03.05.2013 , 06:31 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
Like the boxes in WoW which the tanks recieve?
I think that's a stupid idea, even as I'm only playing tanks and heal

and in the situation we have now the tank can make the dps behave, if they don't the group can easily replace them within seconds/minutes
Absolute power in an FP group is when you are a healer and have a companion pet tank that can tank ANY FP boss. This ensures the tank stays in line when his, or her diva *** thinks they are irreplaceable
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?

VigDiath
03.05.2013 , 07:38 PM | #24
I can tell you it is annoying. Very annoying. I have two tanks and the rest are DPS. On Sundays, I queue for a FP on my Tank to get them out of the way. I queue for DPS after that and wind up waiting 20-30 minutes to get into a FP. That means that for that time I can run dailies, but no Heroics or WZ's cause I'll be taken out of queue.

The problem lies in the player base and not necessarily BW/EA. Everyone wants a DPS class because they are easier to play. Anytime I see a Shadow/Sin, PT/Vanguard, Guardian/Jugg playing a DPS role in a FP/Ops group I want to slam my head into my keyboard. If you can tank, why aren't you tanking??? But I understand it to an extent. DPS on a PT/Vanguard is awesome so why not go the DPS route?? But, the problem will always be, plenty of DPS waiting to queue, tanks only queuing every so often. Which begs the question?

Do people who roll these tank classes and realize they cannot tank for crap and just go DPS afterwards? Not sure, but I do agree there needs to be sometime of reward to tanks and healers who join FPs.

And why not?

Tanks and Healers are most commonly blamed if something goes wrong in a FP. Even if the derpy DPS are off aggroing different mobs while the Tank is doing his job they will blame the tank for not keeping aggro. Or blame the healer for poor heals. (Which I'm guilty of )

Anyway..TL/DR Version: I'm all for rewards to Healers and Tanks for queuing for FP's. The job will not get done without these 2 important roles which are the least rolled roles at this time. If you don't agree, then go roll a Tank or a healer (preferably a tank ) so this is no longer an issue.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Ailie
03.05.2013 , 08:29 PM | #25
Wait, so this isn't just a low pop server issue?

Great, now I have some proof to take back to Gav to stop people whining that it's because of low pop when it's just that people don't use the GF
Meh...

steave
03.06.2013 , 05:05 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
The problem lies in the player base and not necessarily BW/EA. Everyone wants a DPS class because they are easier to play. Anytime I see a Shadow/Sin, PT/Vanguard, Guardian/Jugg playing a DPS role in a FP/Ops group I want to slam my head into my keyboard. If you can tank, why aren't you tanking???
Because I don't feel like it? I have BiS gear both for tanking and DPS on my powertech, but I find tanking with her to be boring since the tanking style is too passive so I only use the tank stuff for guild raids/runs. I've tanked everything in the game with her, so skill isn't the problem, but I just don't like it.

Atramar
03.06.2013 , 05:49 AM | #27
'cries that there are to many dpses and not enouth healers/tanks - has 9 dps alts' - logic
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

JouerTue
03.06.2013 , 08:57 AM | #28
if you aren't a solo DPS class you can always buy the legacy respec on the field thing..and ask if someone wants to change role with you..i roll only tanks and healers but sometimes i see someone searching for dps in chat..
you could also role a tank to catch your daily/weekly and then queue as DPS while playing BH or section X
for your fun or extra gear..

the fact that you play a less stressy role ingame can justify the stress you get from queuing for a longer time in my opinion

Heezdedjim
03.06.2013 , 09:37 AM | #29
You don't have to spec tank or heal to queue as one. Just sayin.

SturmUndSterne
03.06.2013 , 12:27 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Heezdedjim View Post
You don't have to spec tank or heal to queue as one. Just sayin.
And if you're not specced tank or heals and you're in my group as a tank or healer, I'll votekick you immediately. Do the job you signed up for with the spec it requires.