Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need help figuring out what button keeps making me walk backwards on its own

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Need help figuring out what button keeps making me walk backwards on its own
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kniite
03.01.2013 , 09:41 AM | #41
So all of a sudden now its doing it with left too, i start moving to the left automatically. This has to be addressed because this is getting very annoying

Doel
03.02.2013 , 12:16 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Basil_Evenstar View Post
Sometimes I find a movement button stuck down. This might be from alt+tabbing or popups (I run in windowed mode). My fix is quickly hit all movement buttons really fast for a few seconds and it fixes it.
I really wish it was just a stuck button. I could fix it so easily.
Hitting all the movement buttons without switching on/of NUM key doesn't fix it for me.

I don't run the game in windowed mode either. However, occasionally I alt-tab out of it. Need to keep an eye on this and if this might be causing the bug.

Doel
03.02.2013 , 12:18 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by kniite View Post
So all of a sudden now its doing it with left too, i start moving to the left automatically. This has to be addressed because this is getting very annoying
Ditto.

I have this bug for all directions. Run left in circle, turn left, eg. Run forward, backwards, run right, run right in circle... Hey, the jumping around is still missing . Kidding.

Fun fact though: my bug mostly happens in classquest when fighting a boss. I already start joking around in guildchat, wish me luck, boss time. And not because I can't beat the boss, but because I'm hoping not to end up with this annoying bug

kniite
03.03.2013 , 04:12 AM | #44
Bump still looking for a fix

Laiham
03.03.2013 , 07:53 AM | #45
i'm actually interested to find out something, if the game is truly walking backwards on it's own, or if it's being triggered by the keypress.
kniite, have you tried completely unbinding the backwards walk key so that's impossible to walk backwards with the keyboard? does it happen then, or have you already tried that?

i've tried playing for a while with backwards unbound, it's tricky but doable, just mouseturn and sidestep instead
"So that's it. You've grown a moustache!"
- Darth Vader

kniite
03.03.2013 , 07:29 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Laiham View Post
i'm actually interested to find out something, if the game is truly walking backwards on it's own, or if it's being triggered by the keypress.
kniite, have you tried completely unbinding the backwards walk key so that's impossible to walk backwards with the keyboard? does it happen then, or have you already tried that?

i've tried playing for a while with backwards unbound, it's tricky but doable, just mouseturn and sidestep instead
Lol i havent done that but I'd rather not. Its just random, and its not just backwards now, now it goes in other directions. I dont see how this can be something my keypresses are triggering cause I play other MMOs and they never have had this problem

kniite
03.05.2013 , 09:26 AM | #47
bump....seriously no official post??

kniite
03.06.2013 , 06:12 AM | #48
bumpp

Beesodd
03.06.2013 , 06:33 AM | #49 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi kniite,

Sorry that we haven't posted, but we don't have a solution for this. As others have mentioned, I'd suspect there's an interfering 3rd party program. Try restarting with a Clean Boot to see if this has had any effect.

I know that defocusing when playing in windowed mode can cause movements to stick. (the character will keep going in the last moved direction) However that doesn't seem to be the case here, as the character will stop upon re-focusing.

I have had this happen before, but only very rarely (about 5 times in my many many hours on the game), and I've also seen it in other MMOs but I never managed to lock down the cause. I suspected it was related to autorepeat, as mentioned earlier, but it was rare enough that I let it slide.

Anyway, try the clean boot, and see if this has any effect.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

SierraBravo
03.07.2013 , 08:37 PM | #50
It's probably not much help, but when I have this problem I press my shift and controls keys a bunch as I assume it has something to do with sticky keys. I know this probably is *not* the case, but it solves the problem for me.