Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware, when can we get a word on player housing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bioware, when can we get a word on player housing?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

falcon_Xtreme
03.06.2013 , 03:06 AM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
We have our ships.. What is wrong with that?? Why can't you live on your ship??
even an SWG type of customization for ships would be awesome, let me give u a example... like the look of the armor you are wearing? np.. drop it on the ground. /move forward 100.... /move up 100.. /move right 20... BAM armor suit on the wall! like collecting fluff?, or all the weapons you collected and liked the look of... your first colour crystals? up on the walls and roofs too! however you want them to be, some people... myself included. enjoy this type of immersion. if you dont like it you dont have to take part. how are ideas like this bad?
REDZONE & PROUD!

MajikMyst
03.06.2013 , 08:22 AM | #242
Quote: Originally Posted by falcon_Xtreme View Post
how are ideas like this bad?
It depends on the idea and the person.. I think chat bubbles are a bad idea.. I fail to understand the concept that chat looking like comic strip adds to immersion.. But that is me.. I just hope they make an option to turn it off.. Otherwise the majority of the gaming community is going to be upset..

I have seen player housing on SWG.. Essentially it is an education on the slums.. Empty houses just littering the landscape.. Who wants to look at that?? There is just absolutely no need for player housing like that when there are much better alternatives.. Like your ship..

Another idea that has been brought up is instanced housing.. Similar to how our ships hangers work.. We would be instanced into our own little apartment type place on our capital world.. No world space required.. I'm sorry.. I for one don't want the landscape littered with player housing.. It is just a bad idea.. I am not alone in this..

So.. That is how ideas like this are bad..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

CourtneyWoods
03.06.2013 , 02:55 PM | #243 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by ISDcaptain View Post
An official statement would be nice. Is it in the future of this game (please tell me it is)?
Hey ISDcaptain,

I forwarded this along to our Lead Designer, Damion Schubert, and this is our current statement on Player Housing:

Were not saying never, but its not on our immediate roadmap. If we were to expand on this in some direction, we would first focus on improving the degree that players can customize their ship interiors, but even that feature is a ways down the road.
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

DarthTHC
03.06.2013 , 02:59 PM | #244
Still loving the ramped-up participation. Even if it's "bad" news. Thanks!
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

JamieKirby
03.06.2013 , 03:00 PM | #245
Quote: Originally Posted by ISDcaptain View Post
An official statement would be nice. Is it in the future of this game (please tell me it is)?
I never bothered with a house on swg, i found it a waste of time to be honest, what bioware should be doing instead of adding in useless crap like houses, is to fix all the problems they created, bring us the heroic combat they talked about and the whole 'use any spec with any companion and not feel like you made a mistake' thing they talked about.

BraaxusKun
03.06.2013 , 03:06 PM | #246
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post
I never bothered with a house on swg, i found it a waste of time to be honest, what bioware should be doing instead of adding in useless crap like houses, is to fix all the problems they created, bring us the heroic combat they talked about and the whole 'use any spec with any companion and not feel like you made a mistake' thing they talked about.
All gaming is a waste of time, adding housing is another feature which some players will be able to utilise to improve and fulfill their gaming experience.

Magnusheart
03.06.2013 , 03:09 PM | #247
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey ISDcaptain,

I forwarded this along to our Lead Designer, Damion Schubert, and this is our current statement on Player Housing:

Were not saying never, but its not on our immediate roadmap. If we were to expand on this in some direction, we would first focus on improving the degree that players can customize their ship interiors, but even that feature is a ways down the road.
Thank you. I would pay a year sub up front for more options to the ships, and more ships in general.

Happier than a wookie on a nude beach for doors to the personal room, usable beds to sleep in with an emote, chairs, and new ships in general, I opt out on the jedi fish ship for the Corellian light XS Freighter any day of any month.

ZionHalcyon
03.06.2013 , 04:05 PM | #248
And there you have it.

IF this ever gets done, redecorating the inside of ships COMES FIRST.

Its a polite way of saying "never say never, but this is as close to never as I can get".

Lent_San
03.06.2013 , 04:15 PM | #249
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
And there you have it.
IF this ever gets done, redecorating the inside of ships COMES FIRST.
Its a polite way of saying "never say never, but this is as close to never as I can get".
Really? I read it as "We have time for f+++ naught atm, but we know you guys would like it. Never say never."
I don't want a ship, I want a house. Write that down, Damien.

Magnusheart
03.06.2013 , 04:18 PM | #250
Your ship is your house. and you should be great full it was free too. Wanna buy a house? with the game-economy that will be a 10million credit down payment, if you want a door, thats another 80k.