Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Has the GTN tanked?

DaveMcKnight
03.05.2013 , 10:38 PM | #21
Well, this explains why mats like Bronzium and such sell well, but when i tried to sell Grade 7 crafting supplies I got from a Cartel Pack they didn't get picked up.... guess I'll be sticking with the crafting mats that I can get from scavenging and such....

-Wes-
03.06.2013 , 12:40 AM | #22
Skodan:

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize that the legacy points only accumulated within a single server, but that makes sense. How does one share credits, supplies, etc., amongst characters? Just mail them to one another, or are there common storage areas?
\~~~~~The von Theissenburg Legacy~~~~~/

Referral Link

johnnyreece
03.06.2013 , 08:51 AM | #23
What I find odd is that even consumables are dropping in price...My exotech stims go for closer to 15k vs. the 18-20k they were selling at a couple weeks ago.
Neldiahr, Sith Sorcerer Gibsenne, Imperial Operative
Neldienne, Powertech Smash'Kitteh, Meowauder

Heezdedjim
03.06.2013 , 09:17 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by johnnyreece View Post
What I find odd is that even consumables are dropping in price...My exotech stims go for closer to 15k vs. the 18-20k they were selling at a couple weeks ago.
Could be just seasonal. All games tend to have times of the year when populations boom, like summer and the holidays. Other times, like after the first of the year, there can be a big drop off.

Or maybe people finally got a look at what's coming in 2.0 (grindtastic comm caps, no endgame crafting, and class balance epic fail) and they just said to heck with it and went back to other games.

Zardac_the_Great
03.06.2013 , 09:47 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Jamus_Divinus View Post
Details about the new crafting items/mats (Patch 2.0 on the test server atm) informed us all that our current materials will be nigh worthless once the patch is released.
Please explain this. What is making our materials worthless?

Khevar
03.06.2013 , 09:53 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Zardac_the_Great View Post
My guess is he's referring to Molecular Stabilizers, et. al. As the demand for crafted Grade 26/27 stuff will go down (or away) when 2,0 drops.

Skodan
03.06.2013 , 11:47 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Zardac_the_Great View Post
low level stuff wont be affected really, its just the high end stuff that is losing its value since it will no longer be the best gear available.
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Skodan
03.06.2013 , 11:49 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by -Wes- View Post
Skodan:

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize that the legacy points only accumulated within a single server, but that makes sense. How does one share credits, supplies, etc., amongst characters? Just mail them to one another, or are there common storage areas?
yea just mailing them to alts.
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

-Wes-
03.06.2013 , 04:03 PM | #29
So, is it poor business to sell crafted items for ~25% of what other sellers have listed on the GTN? I'm talking about low level (10/11) orange and artifact items. I can't see any character of that level dumping 25K into a some light greaves with no mods (just three open slots). Perhaps they are, but I know I wouldn't. Interestingly, a few days ago many of these items lasted minutes to a few hours on the network, but in the last couple days similar items have come back to me as unsold.

That's the retail business, I suppose!
\~~~~~The von Theissenburg Legacy~~~~~/

Referral Link

Frostbyt
03.06.2013 , 04:22 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by johnnyreece View Post
A lot of guilds have been raiding to the PTS. So demand has gone down on the live servers.
The Harbinger, Krath Origin
Frost'byte PT • Frost'bite OpMed • Frostbit Sorc • Nomadis Mara • Fróstbite Sniper
Armor'mech CombatMedic • Armsdealer GS • $%^&2 Guard