Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No Reason to Craft

nattodaisuki
02.03.2013 , 04:47 AM | #11
I have to disagree as well.

Although I don't pvp, my guildmates who do, say that in the lower level pvp bracket, your gear scales up, so that a level 15 Purple will scales up to a level 49? Purple.

My Syntheweave and Armormech makes Purples and they sell like Popcorn at a movie theater
Both my Syntheweave and Armormech have over 500 Purple schematics each.

Here is my Syntheweaves schematics ( pics taken last November, so I have a little bit more now )
Syntheweave Heavy Armor schematics
Syntheweave Light Armor schematics , Page 1
Syntheweave Light Armor schematics , Page 2
Syntheweave Medium Armor schematics
My slightly over-spec Rig, built specifically for Swtor: Core i7 3820 OC'ed @4.6GHz / MSI X79A-GD65 Mobo / Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz 8GB x8 / Four 120GB 6Gb/s SSD in RAID0 / nVidia GTX Titan / Enermax Platimax 1200 watt PSU / 3 Acer HN274Hbmiiid 3D Compatible 27inch monitors. CPU and the GTX Titan are custom water-cooled.

psandak
02.04.2013 , 10:14 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Holinyx View Post
sorry, i have to disagree that Augment Kits are not worth the effort at 30k each. i can still make 700k a day when i'm crafting. i farm my own zal/durasteel. i've got 2 400 scavengers and 4 400 slicers. i'm still making a huge profit at 30k. actually i'm still getting 35k for them. and 20k for the MK-5s.
Are you taking into account how much you could sell those materials for? Because if you could sell the materials for more than what you make on crafting the kits then you are selling yourself short. Self gathered materials are NOT free. Believe me, I used to think like that. Suffice it to say, that looking at materials and crafted goods pricing on the WoW auction house changed my mind. And this was after 5+ years playing various MMOs with the "self gathered materials are free" mentality.

Getting back to the OP's assertion...augments are VERY profitable. Even the blue quality augments crafted by my synthweaver and armormech sell VERY well and VERY consistently. It is by no means millions over night, but it is a steady source of income for my legacy.

PugX
02.04.2013 , 10:13 PM | #13
I haven't run dailies in AGES. However, all 5 of my alts make quite a good living off of 1-49 level item crafting. They sell quite well.

Tragamite
03.05.2013 , 05:16 PM | #14
I have a 400 of every type of profession. And I don't find anything crafted that would earn me more than the mats alone. This stems from everyone having the same crafted items that I am trying to make. At least 85% of the "girl" character companion are in orange purchased gear leaving only the cybertech the beneficiary skill. There are many low level looks I absolutely love but they need to be replaced after 3 levels or I'm limping myself. And there is no equivalent at the higher levels.
Whocsllessur Jugg Tank 55, Etim'a'grt Sorc DPS 55, Ruspe-Rurob PT Tank 55, Tolan'dass Snipe DPS 55, Skltor Sin Tank 55 Pesch-rushi Guard Tank 55, Tragamite Scoundrel Heals 55, Slughter Van DPS 55, Sh-R Sage DPS 55

Naej
03.05.2013 , 07:43 PM | #15
I always thought that the best gear in the game should be unmodable and only obtainable through crafting recipes that drop from high end raiding with very hard to come by materials.

Modable should be just one little notch under, but not BiS.
Naej - 50 Jedi Guardian / Eljian - 50 Gunslinger [AWAKEN - PotF]
Furlone - 38 Vanguard / Jaen - 45 Jedi Shadow / Florune - 11 Mercenary / Jyang - 11 Operative

Allronix
03.05.2013 , 08:43 PM | #16
We really do need more Level 50 crafting stuff. Not just random (and WAY too rare) drops, but schematics you can buy with Tionese crystals and BH/Tionese/Daily commendations. All of my armor and my companions' armors are adaptive. My Consular has all War Hero and Elite War Hero mods (and I'll augment like crazy). Why? A lot of the high-end Consular armor looks completely ridiculous. I managed to cobble together something that looks like a nice, sensible jumpsuit. I'd like to keep my nice, sensible jumpsuit but have the means to improve it as opportunity permits. Ditto with my companions; Tharan saves my butt too often to put him in bad gear.

As it stands, my new Bounty Hunter is going to have her "mysterious benefactor"/"friend of a friend of Braden's" sending her blaster crystals and enhancements. And my Bounty Hunter is going to learn Cybertech for mods and armoring to keep her own gear up to date.
Alylia Terel of Bergen Colony
Offering Assistance to Friends of the Republic. World Bosses, Imperials, and Sith defeated. Datacrons procured and worlds explored.

Aquanatah
03.06.2013 , 11:14 AM | #17
Well I flat out dropped Artifice today. I'd been considering it for awhile and had 400 since launch.

Going forward it just doesn't seem to be worth it anymore. Especially with the color crystals being up on the cartel shop.

I'm changing to biochem because it looks like the only profession that will always stay viable.
"For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice."

Tachenko_Yuri
03.07.2013 , 01:00 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Aquanatah View Post
Well I flat out dropped Artifice today. I'd been considering it for awhile and had 400 since launch.

Going forward it just doesn't seem to be worth it anymore. Especially with the color crystals being up on the cartel shop.

I'm changing to biochem because it looks like the only profession that will always stay viable.
This!

Crafted one of the fancy sabers for personal use, and got nothing high that I actually need that can be crafted , also evaluating a re-vamp to biochem, despite the lack of criticals and efficient companion bonuses, I'd rather have a boost in fights to farm credits and buy whatever saber-related stuff I require from the than just have the skills sit there crafting again and again advanced 22 mods which get rapidly outphased anyways ( assassin tank )

JamieKirby
03.07.2013 , 02:40 PM | #19
Well, i wish there was a reason to craft so players that love to craft, can actually get off their asses and actually craft, the main problem right now is that players that do not craft don't buy crafted gear because they charge way too much for the items they craft.

I just mean that if you sell for a REASONABLE price, where you still make a profit, but its also not overpriced that it would seem worthwhile buying.

I tend to find the best looking set of upgradable gear and put mods in it, but when i look for blue quality armorings, there is either none there or loads, but at a price of 5-10k each and i am level 11 at the time and its just insulting to pay that much for an item that isn't worth anything near that price.

Also, guys, i am thinking the crafting is all about pre-50, the gear that you can make even for level 50 is enough to get by, though that changed when bioware gave all players level 50 gear at the end of the class stories, which they did only because that there was a lack of gear due to crafters not crafting because you couldn't make any profit and that was only because you were overcharging severely.

dorpen
03.07.2013 , 05:34 PM | #20
This is getting ridiculous how many items that should be craftable just end up as parts of cartel packs... They are so desperate for money they would chase people away from the game with the way they are treating the cartel market and "free to play".