Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thoughts about animated gear and crystals.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Thoughts about animated gear and crystals.

Argonloris
03.05.2013 , 11:31 AM | #1
A topic that was brought up at the San Fran community cantina in some of the quieter conversations was the idea of putting in animated arrmor ( armor with moving components) and animated crystal colors ( blades and beams that would change color, pulse, have electric beams, and other similar effects on critical hits). Just wanted to see what people thought of the idea.

My personal thought is that it is always nice to have armor that displays something interesting and having an animation when you score a big hit is a nice small reward in a way.
The Jade Legacy
Argonloris Marellis NichosSixtus
RIP: Mara Jade May 29, 2007

HurricaneEagle
03.05.2013 , 11:46 AM | #2
Will it be craftable or only purchased through the Cartel Market?

Frog_brains
03.05.2013 , 11:51 AM | #3
i wouldn't mind this as long as it doesn't affect performance on the system i don't want 16 man raids lagging because everyones armour is glowing and lightsabers are flaring up. Having the option to turn the animations off when you want to is a must however.

some of the weapons do this already, the gree weapons have that lightning crackle effect to them and the tythonian lightsabers smoke so it a small way some of it is in the game already

FrogSkin
03.05.2013 , 03:55 PM | #4
Dont we have some of that now.

The gree armour pulses a bright white light after a period of time. I still havent put my finger on what causes it.

I think being in combat for X amount of time causes it to pulse.

Also in 2.0 havent that put like a radar on the trooper armour that pops up and down?

Argonloris
03.06.2013 , 11:58 PM | #5
It's possible that some of the armor may be animated and I just didn't notice. As for the weapons though I didn't mean the animation coming from the weapon that was equiped but rather it coming from the color crystal. Something like the dual crystals that Corran Horn has or a pulse on crit due to an unstable crystal.(doesn't mean it would stop working, just an animation) Things like that would add to the artifice crafting I think.
The Jade Legacy
Argonloris Marellis NichosSixtus
RIP: Mara Jade May 29, 2007