Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Community Team, Assemble!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pistols-GS's Avatar


Pistols-GS
03.04.2013 , 03:56 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
All three of us actually. In fact, last night Musco and I were playing warzones the whole evening.
Right on, glad to know you guys get into some PvP.

That being said, have any of you guys done any Ranked matches? If so, how did you like them?

One question many of us who do Rankeds, is what are the teams plans in regards to Season 1 starting. It was said, and forgive me as I can't locate the source atm, that when Season 1 hit there would be a ladder system in place where teams would face-off against teams with similar Rating scores. If I may, I really hope that gets put in ASAP, I think you guys would see an up-tick of participation of players/teams knew they would face teams near their own rating level. <---While that doesn't mean it'll be perfect, it would help get more teams/guilds involved, and kick-start this aspect back into action. Currently, the Rankeds scene is becoming dried up due to teams who "own" the system.

That being said, I (and some others) would really love to hear any plans/thoughts/ideas from the development team regarding Rankeds in general, and perhaps Season 1's debut. Thank you for replying, sorry for the long post. Ack.
Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

Pistols-GS's Avatar


Pistols-GS
03.04.2013 , 03:57 PM | #122
One more question...do you play on actual live servers? If so, which?
Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

Ludwig_VanCover's Avatar


Ludwig_VanCover
03.04.2013 , 04:03 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols-GS View Post
One more question...do you play on actual live servers? If so, which?
lol I think for *legal* issues they cant tell us! :'(
░▒ General Ludwig VanCover - The Army of Light ▒░
░▒ "The Time is Always Right to Do What is Right." ▒░
Acting Grandmaster of The Army of Light | Recruiting Tanks, and Healers
Commando Healer Extraordinaire - TEH Server

Pistols-GS's Avatar


Pistols-GS
03.04.2013 , 04:08 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludwig_VanCover View Post
lol I think for *legal* issues they cant tell us! :'(
Ah ok.
Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

CourtneyWoods's Avatar


CourtneyWoods
03.04.2013 , 04:09 PM | #125 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols-GS View Post
Right on, glad to know you guys get into some PvP.

That being said, have any of you guys done any Ranked matches? If so, how did you like them?

One question many of us who do Rankeds, is what are the teams plans in regards to Season 1 starting. It was said, and forgive me as I can't locate the source atm, that when Season 1 hit there would be a ladder system in place where teams would face-off against teams with similar Rating scores. If I may, I really hope that gets put in ASAP, I think you guys would see an up-tick of participation of players/teams knew they would face teams near their own rating level. <---While that doesn't mean it'll be perfect, it would help get more teams/guilds involved, and kick-start this aspect back into action. Currently, the Rankeds scene is becoming dried up due to teams who "own" the system.

That being said, I (and some others) would really love to hear any plans/thoughts/ideas from the development team regarding Rankeds in general, and perhaps Season 1's debut. Thank you for replying, sorry for the long post. Ack.
I prefer to play non-ranked since I am not a part of a competitive PvP guild or group. We do play on live servers, but we aren't allowed to say our character names and we play "incognito."

At the moment, I don't have any answers for your Ranked Warzone questions, but I will message some developers and see if I can find you some.
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Glower's Avatar


Glower
03.04.2013 , 04:24 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
All three of us actually. In fact, last night Musco and I were playing warzones the whole evening.
And both played with lol-smashers of course?
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Pistols-GS's Avatar


Pistols-GS
03.04.2013 , 04:34 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
I prefer to play non-ranked since I am not a part of a competitive PvP guild or group. We do play on live servers, but we aren't allowed to say our character names and we play "incognito."

At the moment, I don't have any answers for your Ranked Warzone questions, but I will message some developers and see if I can find you some.
Thanks for taking a few minutes, appreciate that. I'm a pain the in the rear on these forums, so it's quite unique when I actually have a positive dialogue with a yellow name.

As for the last part, this would be fantastic if we could get any news. It's been since June 2012 since Rankeds went Live...and well...I think peeps are tired of seeing "Pre-Season". Even if Season 1 doesn't come around soon, it would be awesome if they could just put in the ladder system into Pre-season. I'm not sure if those who working on Rankeds are even still with the current Development team...so it has some of us worried. Any help would be great.

Thanks again for your time.
Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

CourtneyWoods's Avatar


CourtneyWoods
03.04.2013 , 05:27 PM | #128 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols-GS View Post
Thanks for taking a few minutes, appreciate that. I'm a pain the in the rear on these forums, so it's quite unique when I actually have a positive dialogue with a yellow name.

As for the last part, this would be fantastic if we could get any news. It's been since June 2012 since Rankeds went Live...and well...I think peeps are tired of seeing "Pre-Season". Even if Season 1 doesn't come around soon, it would be awesome if they could just put in the ladder system into Pre-season. I'm not sure if those who working on Rankeds are even still with the current Development team...so it has some of us worried. Any help would be great.

Thanks again for your time.
Hey Pistols-GS,

I talked to some of our PvP Devs. Unfortunately, we are still deep in the development process and we don't want to release any details till things are more "final." As soon as we have any updates, we will be sure to post them. Sorry I couldn't give you any concrete details, but keep checking back!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

dscount's Avatar


dscount
03.04.2013 , 05:33 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
And both played with lol-smashers of course?
LOL.. no that is the DEV's that play smashmonkeys.
Sage/Sorc Gate 2013 Combat DEV LOL Responses:
"...you must play defensively and make them pay for trying to kill you."
"...require a higher skill level than many players are comfortable with."

Kesphin's Avatar


Kesphin
03.04.2013 , 05:55 PM | #130
I really don't think we can get season 1 without interserver ranked warzones. It's a must have if you want to have enough teams running. Maybe next year... Hum... Soon (tm).