Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

player voice change options?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
player voice change options?

andyjd
03.03.2013 , 03:08 PM | #1
Hi I just bought and subscribed to the game and began making a trooper. I made a big macho looking Guy and when he speaks he has a really high voice like he lost his balls in battle. Please put a voice customize option in character creation, I deleted the character as soon as I heard him speak. And also put in more species variation. So far I like Star wars galaxies a whole lot better.

dorpen
03.03.2013 , 04:17 PM | #2
There is too much voiced content to go through and change it in any meaningful or positive way, how ever I wish there was a way to turn off your characters voice acting all together and just read the text, maybe then I could stand playing a male consular or Imperial agent...

andyjd
03.03.2013 , 05:54 PM | #3
I like the interactive dialogue but it seems like each class has one set voice which really bugs me.

KBerling
03.03.2013 , 11:06 PM | #4
The Bounty Hunter's voice made me abandon that toon while still on Hutta. Absolutely hate it. I cringe everytime a BH is in a flashpoint with me.Thank the stars for the spacebar.

Apartment
03.04.2013 , 08:08 AM | #5
In defense of Bioware/EA on this :

Each character is fully voiced for both genders. That's 16 voice actors paid, though I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of them did two or three characters each. Either way, with the amount of the dialogue that the PC speaks, they probably were paid at the same level that any of the main characters from say...Mass Effect 3 were paid. Possibly a little bit more, due to length of script.

While that's just a drop in the bucket of the budget of a game this size, it's way more money than it's worth to re-record a couple extra voice options at this point in the game.

theUndead
03.04.2013 , 07:41 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Apartment View Post
In defense of Bioware/EA on this :

Each character is fully voiced for both genders. That's 16 voice actors paid, though I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of them did two or three characters each. Either way, with the amount of the dialogue that the PC speaks, they probably were paid at the same level that any of the main characters from say...Mass Effect 3 were paid. Possibly a little bit more, due to length of script.

While that's just a drop in the bucket of the budget of a game this size, it's way more money than it's worth to re-record a couple extra voice options at this point in the game.
^This. Completely agree.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
For free stuff and coins including a one time character transfer.
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy." Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth_Taral
03.06.2013 , 01:47 PM | #7
The female voice acting is somewhat better, IMO. With the likes of Grey DeLisle and Jennifer Hale, how could it not be? My BH sounds all sinister and my trooper sounds like the ****** she is.

KBerling
03.06.2013 , 04:18 PM | #8
I'll try a female Bounty Hunter then. That way I can at least do the story. There's no way to do it if I have to listen to that horrible male voice they hired.

Moestuin
03.07.2013 , 09:39 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by andyjd View Post
I like the interactive dialogue but it seems like each class has one set voice which really bugs me.
You can manipulate how your class sounds a bit by the helm he/she wears. At least that is how it is on my sith warrior. Some of the helms distorts his voice and he sounds more like darth vader then.

Atramar
03.07.2013 , 09:45 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by KBerling View Post
The Bounty Hunter's voice made me abandon that toon while still on Hutta. Absolutely hate it. I cringe everytime a BH is in a flashpoint with me.Thank the stars for the spacebar.
Dunno, maybe you made wrong char for it.

body type 2 flat and square face silver short hair human with no beard fits that sound.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013