Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A couple of things..

Zephury
03.03.2013 , 01:07 PM | #1
Just a couple questions. Appreciate answers.

1. I recently bought myself a full orange set from the cartel shop. People are now advising me to upgrade my companion (Kira, I'm a Sentinel) I figure it wont cost me much past getting the armor itself, I can just pass down my old mods as I upgrade. I don't wanna spend more cartel points on gear just for my companion, I would like to turn the rest of my cartel points in to money or useful items to myself. If someone could please advise me to the cheapest orange armor that can be equipped my Kira, I would be thankful!

2. What are some of the easiest ways to catch up on levels? I understand that questing is probably one of the most efficient ways, but it becomes quite a burnout to me doing side quests. I'm quite excited about the storyline for Sentinel and I'm wanting to continue going ahead, but I've caught myself behind on levels. I know PvP was a good way, though not sure anymore; apparently it was nerfed on exp? I know Flashpoints and what not are good as well but; which ones are most exp to time rate efficient? Advise me on where to go for levels, and I'd love that. I do most things like space missions, some flashpoints and whatever is laying around; I'm just wondering which of them is exactly the best.

3. What Cartel item makes the most GTN money. I don't wanna do unlock boxes or whatever it is for random items, I don't like taking my chances. I'd rather just buy armors for 350 or whatever it is. Just not sure which one is worth the most and is more desirable. If you couldnt tell me a couple of desirable items that sell easily on GTN for an efficient price, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for reading.

zoist
03.03.2013 , 01:15 PM | #2
1/ use the quests rewards to upgrade kira, an use left over planet comms to upgrade mods etc, just make sure the main stat is willpower

2/ all flashpoints give similer exp, the fastest way is to do all the quests you can always que for pvp to break up the constant go here go their, you could always use exp boosts from the cartel market or bye them on the gtn.

3/ this depands what server your on really best thing to do it check the gtn an see whats selling or repost this question in the server forum

hope this helps

Daxy
03.03.2013 , 01:20 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Zephury View Post

1. I recently bought myself a full orange set from the cartel shop. People are now advising me to upgrade my companion (Kira, I'm a Sentinel) I figure it wont cost me much past getting the armor itself, I can just pass down my old mods as I upgrade. I don't wanna spend more cartel points on gear just for my companion, I would like to turn the rest of my cartel points in to money or useful items to myself. If someone could please advise me to the cheapest orange armor that can be equipped my Kira, I would be thankful!

2. What are some of the easiest ways to catch up on levels? I understand that questing is probably one of the most efficient ways, but it becomes quite a burnout to me doing side quests. I'm quite excited about the storyline for Sentinel and I'm wanting to continue going ahead, but I've caught myself behind on levels. I know PvP was a good way, though not sure anymore; apparently it was nerfed on exp? I know Flashpoints and what not are good as well but; which ones are most exp to time rate efficient? Advise me on where to go for levels, and I'd love that. I do most things like space missions, some flashpoints and whatever is laying around; I'm just wondering which of them is exactly the best.

3. What Cartel item makes the most GTN money. I don't wanna do unlock boxes or whatever it is for random items, I don't like taking my chances. I'd rather just buy armors for 350 or whatever it is. Just not sure which one is worth the most and is more desirable. If you couldnt tell me a couple of desirable items that sell easily on GTN for an efficient price, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for reading.
one thing to do to save money for companions' gear - especially if you are not questing- is to buy level appropriate blues form the gtn-- you can find blues for a couple thousand credits versus the same price for each "mod" (if you even get that lucky)-- i deck myself out and give my comps enough to not die in two hits

i hate planet questing-- i will only do class missions and i quickly find myself "underleveled"; all of my alts i level via warzones and space missions-- grab a couple experience boosts from the gtn and off you go

the crystals are pretty profitable-- the endurance ones go for 100k and the power ones go for 500k but i wouldnt spend all of my time trying to make credits by spending cartel coins

i have alts with which to spam missions in order to make credits as i level a toon
if you are playing your first toon on a server then i would suggest, as awful as it might be, to spend all your time quest leveling-- by not "spendng" credits you are making credits and you are leveling the fastest way possible- grab some gathering crew skills and grab every node you come across-- sell all your mats and, voila, credits galore

one of the things i like about this game is how forgiving it is-- there is no real "best" way to do anything as it is all pretty straightforward and easy enough-- find what you like to do and make it work

Beemerchick
03.03.2013 , 05:34 PM | #4
I recently bought myself a full orange set from the cartel shop. People are now advising me to upgrade my companion (Kira, I'm a Sentinel) I figure it wont cost me much past getting the armor itself, I can just pass down my old mods as I upgrade. I don't wanna spend more cartel points on gear just for my companion,
So don't. Buy oranges off the GTN and use planet comms to upgrade the mods in your armor and hers. Or (when you get high enough level), run low-level FP's solo and collect the gear that drops.

As an aside, don't pass down your old mods. First, you'll have to pay to extract them from your armor, which can get expensive. Second, it means she will always be undergeared. Try to keep yourself and whichever companion you use the most in the best gear possible. (I usually swap out 3 or 4 mods per planet, depending how how old the mods I'm using are.)

Quote:
2. What are some of the easiest ways to catch up on levels? I understand that questing is probably one of the most efficient ways, but it becomes quite a burnout to me doing side quests. I'm quite excited about the storyline for Sentinel and I'm wanting to continue going ahead, but I've caught myself behind on levels. I know PvP was a good way, though not sure anymore; apparently it was nerfed on exp?
It sticks in my mind there was a nerf, but it's still a valid way to level. Also, you can use PvP comms to get orange gear.

Quote:
I know Flashpoints and what not are good as well but; which ones are most exp to time rate efficient?
Those appropriate for your level. Low level ones are quick if you run them solo, but you won't get a lot of XP for them. If you use the group finder, it will automatically give you the option to queue up for ones of the right level.

SpoeMeister
03.04.2013 , 06:16 AM | #5

Thanks for reading.
Hi again Zephury.

1. First of all, Kira uses different stats than you do, so don't give her your old mods. She uses Willpower and you use Strength. But to answer the question: the cheapest orange armour you can get for Kira is on the planet Coruscant. You go there to the social vendor and buy the elegant dress set, which goes for little credits but you'll need social level 1.

2. I'm also leveling a Sentinel and I found that I'd only do the class mission and the planet mission, with exceptions. These, combined with their appropriate bonus missions (kill x number of enemies for example) would net some good experience. Besides that, I PvP quite alot and I make sure to pick up the daily PvP mission every time I am online. Lastly, although I mainly just do the class and planet quests, when I come across a heroic +2 that is a bit below my level, I solo through it with my companion. This gives a good amount of experience (stronger mobs give more experience + big mission reward) and can even give good gear (through drops and also mission rewards), solving problem 1 as well.

3. Sadly, the items that give the most buck on GTN are those that are random drops from the cartel boxes. Prices are defined by the ancient rule of supply vs demand. Since everyone has easy access to predefined CC items (like an armour set), its value is greatly reduced. Items that rarely drop (like certain crystals or certain vehicles) are instantly worth a good amount of credits. If anything, buy some unlocks or consumables (experience boosts) and sell those. Since they are consumed on use, there will always be a demand for these items, whereas Armour is so easy to come by, you'd not be selling it to the full worth of it.

As a general note, I'd say not to spend your real life money to earn fast credits on a video game. If you want to earn ingame credits, take 3 gathering skills (slicing, bioanalysis and scavenging for example) and while you're questing, grind all the nodes you come across. When you have a stack of 99x of a certain material, put it on the GTN. The same goes if you no longer come across the nodes (the levels are upgraded on the next planet), just put what you have on the GTN and wait for it to be sold. Materials are also consumed on use, so there will always be a demand for those.
Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not yet the end.

Spivak Legacy (ToFN)
SpoeMeister Orrusos Do'chan Nadobo