Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Episode VII - Lucas and stuff...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Episode VII - Lucas and stuff...

Athrandiel
02.27.2013 , 09:18 AM | #1
So i was wondering why ppl hatin on Lucas...

-He invented SW
-He made every single awesome thing about it come to life

so with these 2 opening statements i would like some reason why u hate him guys..

And pls refrain from saying he is money hungry cuz money hungry ppl dont give all money to charity that he gained by selling franchise to disney..

ALSO why u hatin on disney and the franchise...

IMHO disney is multi billion company able to produce bes movies in terms of SF and in colab with Lucas, JJ Abrams and considering these factors i think episode 7 should be a hella good movie..

Just wondering what u guys are pondering on this :P

cheers!!

Andengels
May the force be with You
The Red Eclipse
Shadows Legacy
Andengels - Shadow Venders - Commando Anderei - Guardian

Marshal_Ney
02.27.2013 , 09:20 AM | #2
Is this a troll?
Seriously,i don"t see the point of such kind if post.
If we all play a SW game is because in some ways we all admire Lucas fictional's creation.
I'm not a prophet or a stone age man,Just a mortal
with the potential of a superman,I'm living on"

Athrandiel
02.27.2013 , 09:21 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Marshal_Ney View Post
Is this a troll?
Seriously,i don"t see the point of such kind if post.
If we all play a SW game is because in some ways we all admire Lucas fictional's creation.

Well u obv dont read similar threads where Lucas and the disney merger are heavily attacked
The Red Eclipse
Shadows Legacy

Benfynyn
02.27.2013 , 09:29 AM | #4
I think you were looking for the Star Wars Discussion forum.
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

After some investigation, it appears that there was some miscommunication between teams and this patch note was not intended to be included in this last patch.

Toxxo
02.27.2013 , 09:31 AM | #5
I don't hate him and I'm also looking forwardto the next SW installment.
I think a lot of people have reservations about SW going to Disney due to Disney having a track record that is primarily focused on films aimed at children and are therefore worried that any new films might be child-centric rather than aimed at the long-term (adult) followers? Thats just a guess, of course.
On the other hand, Disney make wonderful fantastical movies and this might be a chance for them to reach out to an older audience as opposed to dumbing the series down for a younger audience. I would also hope that the producers (or whoever) looks at the very strong online role-playing communities of the different Star Wars games - there are tons of excellent characters and on-going stories both in game and on the various blogs etc. There is a wealth of fan-made content surrounding the Star Wars and I really hope the the makers of the new films will realise, appreciate and conect with that and NOT use the series as a vehicle, just to make money.

CaptianFordo
02.27.2013 , 09:38 AM | #6
Honestly,

What people are too dumb to realize... if Disney took over this IP, it would be the BEST thing to happen to it. They are 350% about customer service and satisfaction. They actually talk to their customers. They go out of their way to make sure the masses by and large, have a wholesome, satisfying experience.
The Shadowlands
Thire(55) Haythom(55) Ortel'fez(55) A'din(55) Halusia(55)
<HoneyBadgers>

Marshal_Ney
02.27.2013 , 09:41 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptianFordo View Post
Honestly,

What people are too dumb to realize... if Disney took over this IP, it would be the BEST thing to happen to it. They are 350% about customer service and satisfaction. They actually talk to their customers. They go out of their way to make sure the masses by and large, have a wholesome, satisfying experience.
This,i totally agree with him
I'm not a prophet or a stone age man,Just a mortal
with the potential of a superman,I'm living on"

jarjarloves
02.27.2013 , 01:30 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptianFordo View Post
Honestly,

paritally this. While I do think Disney is the best thing for Star Wars and I am very happy they are making new movies I don't agree with the rest of it.

Yes there was a time where Disney really cared about their customers however for the past year Iger has ruined that. He and his underlings beleive in the "Blue Ocean" philosphy of business which is a HORRIBLE idea.

They don't beleive in building new parks or really in that many rides. They believe that the attendance in Orlando is at it's maximum even though attendence at Universal, Sea World and Legoland all have gone up.

They spent 2 billion on the worst idea ever the Fast Pass plus which is failing hard. 2 billion could have built 2 new parks.

They honestly beleive that no one can compete with Disney. Meanwhile Universal has seen it's attendance numbers rival Disny and is putting 1.5 billion dollars of new rides in its parks and there are rumors of them building a third park.

They also don't even bother with standard maintainence. For example in the Magic Kingdom on Splash Mountain the "Laughing Place" scene has been broken for the past 5 years even though its gone down for maintainence at lest 4 times.

How many people remember Pleasure Island? It was part of downtown Disney it had all these really cool clubs. Did you know it had the most profitible night clubs in the entire US? Well Iger thought they could make more money so they shut all the clubs down. Guess what? As soon as the clubs shut down no one wanted to build there becuase htere was no foot traffic. For the past 6 years Pleasure Island has been empty.

But i digress.

Athrandiel
02.28.2013 , 12:13 AM | #9
cool discussion..

i agree with u guys... and plus to add... lucas said he already wrote episode 1-12... now completely but laid grounds for it... also J J Abrams is a director who IMO really cares about fantasy universe esspecially this big as star wars...

Also lucas is still in colab with disney on this.. so this might be really really good..

One more notice... Empire Strikes Back was best SW movie IMO so considering that it wasnt neither directed or screenplayed by Lucas i have high hopes for this one...

Expect the best, and plan for worst - no dissapointment :P
The Red Eclipse
Shadows Legacy

Estriga
02.28.2013 , 05:03 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Athrandiel View Post
So i was wondering why people are hating on Lucas...

-He invented SW
-He made every single awesome thing about it come to life

With these statements, i would like to know why you hate him.
My troll-o-meter is blinking between orange and red right now, but I'll bite with one word:

midichlorians