Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Cybertech] The End of The Molecular-Stabilizers Market???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Cybertech] The End of The Molecular-Stabilizers Market???

Rilfan
02.23.2013 , 12:20 PM | #11
on Tomb of Freedon Nadd from 90k to 40k in one night nice huh
Attos - derp smashing since day one
I sweep,they fall

Divona
02.23.2013 , 05:05 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBurton View Post
75k an T3-M4 (german PvE). What i also learned on the PTS: The new crafting material (exotic element) can't be earned by reverse engineering enhancements or modifications.

I think its a bug because i tested myself by extracting all mods from offhand example and didnt give any exotic elements. Same as with enhancements. But if RE whole offhand by having mod or armoring inside then it gave always exotic element, sometimes 2.

Just bugged and hope it gets reported.

psandak
02.23.2013 , 05:46 PM | #13
Hopefully the expansion and crew skill cap increase will not make all prior materials totally worthless, but it would not surprise me if it did. That being said, RotHC is NOT of the size and impact of a typical MMO expansion. Furthermore, BioWare has done a decent job of keeping old gear relevant while continuing to add new gear as the end-game content has grown. I do not see RotHC being a total "gear reset" like other MMO expansions sometimes are.

So, there will be a market for molecular stabilizer crafted gear, but the demand will decrease as it should.

Mugen_no_Jidai
02.23.2013 , 05:48 PM | #14
I really hope that's a bug (REing doesn't give mats anymore), because that will certainly deincentivize pvp for me. I love to pvp, but it will be farther down the list of things that I need to accomplish in a given play session if this goes live.

POPsi
02.25.2013 , 03:50 AM | #15
I guess in a weeks time or so I'll dump all my 27 armorings in stock on the GTN for like 500k (I expect it will cost somewhere around that), and get some extra profit before the patch hits. Afterwards it will be pretty hard to sell them anyway, so 500k is still better than nothing.

tanktest
02.25.2013 , 05:27 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by POPsi View Post
I guess in a weeks time or so I'll dump all my 27 armorings in stock on the GTN for like 500k (I expect it will cost somewhere around that), and get some extra profit before the patch hits. Afterwards it will be pretty hard to sell them anyway, so 500k is still better than nothing.
I'm selling more now then I ever did and making more because I'm moving and selling more at a lower price but isn't that the best way to sell any thing sell more at a lower price and over time you make more .. instead of waiting and holding out for that big sell that may never happen ,, )) on my server I sell 27 hilt's for 860 or less all most all my mats are free and I crit a lot and all ways sell off my crits ..

tanktest
02.25.2013 , 05:29 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Mugen_no_Jidai View Post
I really hope that's a bug (REing doesn't give mats anymore), because that will certainly deincentivize pvp for me. I love to pvp, but it will be farther down the list of things that I need to accomplish in a given play session if this goes live.

REiing still give mats it never was ment not to ,

What is was not suppose to do was give us schematic off other players makes ..

but it was all ways ment to give mats of any kind ...

so don't worry Re still does

what I don't know is does pvp gear still give mats if that's what you mean I have no idea I guess could do some pvp matches till I get enough coms and find out ..

wainot-keel
02.25.2013 , 06:39 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Hopefully the expansion and crew skill cap increase will not make all prior materials totally worthless, but it would not surprise me if it did. That being said, RotHC is NOT of the size and impact of a typical MMO expansion. Furthermore, BioWare has done a decent job of keeping old gear relevant while continuing to add new gear as the end-game content has grown. I do not see RotHC being a total "gear reset" like other MMO expansions sometimes are.

So, there will be a market for molecular stabilizer crafted gear, but the demand will decrease as it should.
Level 50 FPs give black hole gear and iirc, ev/kp nim will give dread guard/hazmat, so one would think they will be worth something but without knowing what kind of drops you get from Makeb while questing, hard to say.
Though it definetely sounds like campaign/dread guard will be leveling gear for 50-55. Probably a heroic 2 on makeb will drop hazmat, lmao

POPsi
02.25.2013 , 06:40 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by tanktest View Post
I'm selling more now then I ever did and making more because I'm moving and selling more at a lower price but isn't that the best way to sell any thing sell more at a lower price and over time you make more .. instead of waiting and holding out for that big sell that may never happen ,, )) on my server I sell 27 hilt's for 860 or less all most all my mats are free and I crit a lot and all ways sell off my crits ..
of course you do, it's the same for me now that prices dropped a LOT. But that's soon gonna change when people realize that as soon as the patch hits the current BiS gear will become pretty much obsolete.

Leafy_Bug
02.25.2013 , 07:50 AM | #20
Same thing happened to the Alloys. The new mats are called something something experimental equalizer. They dropped for me in Scum and Thingie ops I ran a few times on the PTS .