Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR is too hard for me

02.21.2013 , 11:21 AM | #141
Don't attempt quests until they are green in your mission log. You can be 5 levels over quest and still get full credit. It doesn't go grey until +6 over quest level.

02.22.2013 , 08:28 AM | #142
Don't feel bad bro, I've never played a MMO before swtor, & I've been playing for about two weeks now. My Jedi sentinel has been gettin murked on a regular basis by a Sith lord in the Jedi temple. I play solo because I have no guild, or friends who play swtor (we all console gamers). Just keep at it tho...I'm sure we'll eventually figure this game out.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

02.24.2013 , 10:43 AM | #143
Swtor was my 1st MMO, apparently you have to repair you gear at any vendor regulary....who knew

02.24.2013 , 08:57 PM | #144
If you still feel you're struggling, try starting over again with a Bounty Hunter. Choose Powertech as your advanced class, and go full tank spec (the left hand skill tree). Your first companion will be a healer, and you get her very early. This will give you the widest possible margin of error on harder fights, so as long as the boss isn't healing nonstop, you should be able to grind them down; at worst it will just take a while.

Make sure you're using all the gear you get as rewards while leveling, and buy some things like implants, earpieces, and relics off the GTN to fill in slots that won't get filled with your usual leveling rewards. Do the same for your companion. For a healer companion, always look for gear that adds her main stat (cunning, for Mako) and power to boost her heals. For you, look for main stat (aim, for bounty hunter), and shield, absorb, or defense (but prefer shield and absorb if you can).

Make sure you have a shield generator equipped and your tank stance (Ion Cylinder) activated. Remember that you have defensive abilities that you can pop at certain times for a big boost in survivability (to give your healer a chance to catch up with heavy damage), and don't forget your Heroic Moment; it can save you at the end of a long hard fight.

Make sure you're visiting your trainer regularly to train and upgrade your abilities. You already said you're a couple levels past most bosses, so that will help as long as your gear and powers are up to date.

And as someone else mentioned, don't forget to repair your gear regularly, every time you pass a Medical Droid.

Also, don't stand in the fire. If you see a whole lot of lightning or other dangerous stuff falling all around you, or you have a giant target on the ground at your feet, you want to be somewhere else as soon as possible. Most bosses in the story line missions have only one or two big attacks that you can either interrupt, or just move out of the target area for. If you can avoid those or interrupt them, you will have a much easier time.