Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Cybertech] The End of The Molecular-Stabilizers Market???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Cybertech] The End of The Molecular-Stabilizers Market???

GalaxyStrong
02.22.2013 , 12:09 PM | #1
With new upper Tiers of end game raiding gear coming in 2.0, will Molecular-Stabilizers still be valuable. I assume were getting new crafting matts when we RE the new item mods and I'm wondering where that leaves stabs.

Also has anyone heard if the new mods will be able to be RE'ed for scemtaics (like BH gear)?
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

OmenQ
02.22.2013 , 12:21 PM | #2
I'm curious what other people's opinions are too.
There's still droid parts, and the one ship part we can make, that require Stabilizers. But with HM FP's and SM Ops dropping Black Hole pieces, it will be a lot easier to get Stabilizers by RE'ing the armorings. I think that most likely, the mats needed for the next tier of gear will replace Stabilizers on the relative value scale, and Stabs will drop to the level of, say, Energy Matrices.
Squadron 157

<Your Companion> / <Unhinged>

Darevsool
02.22.2013 , 02:12 PM | #3
Doing the 3 lvl 50 space missions 7 days a week, in addition to the daily heroic space missions, you can get enough space comms for 3 of the tier 8 crafting mat boxes from the space vendor. That's a potential of 9 stabilizers for roughly 30 minutes a day, 7 days a week, on a single toon.

In addition to all of the other ways to farm stabilizers:

RE'ing warzone gear
OPs drops
RE'ing existing 26 & 27 mods
etc...

I'm honestly suprised the market's lasted this long.

Having "regular" crafted mods higher than 27 will all but finish it off. They'll still be worth SOMETHING, because people will want good gear to level with from 50 - 55. However, fewer people will be farming them so, potentially, they'll be semi-rare still, and therefore still worth a little bit.

(when I looked this morning, there was 46 pages of them on the GTN, the first two pages were priced at around 92k each)

Mugen_no_Jidai
02.22.2013 , 04:07 PM | #4
Yeah, the stab market on Harbinger just crashed 50k within 24 hours of the announcement, so people are already freaking out and dumping their stocks... Will make crafting fun for the next few weeks-months before 2.0 (already tons of vicious undercutting of several hundred thousand credits on top tier items). So regardless of what their value would have been, the perception is that they're increasingly worthless.

L-RANDLE
02.22.2013 , 09:52 PM | #5
Well I am not sure what is going to happen. I mean people are still going to need gear leveling from 50-55, so unless you are 100% min/maxed, having stabs/patterns for 61/63 gear is valuable if you have patterns. I mean depending on loot drops to gear toons before you can do level advancement? LOL... especially if it is an alt..

I am waiting until the bottom falls out and I can buy them for nothing, then craft parts in 2.0 and see what happens.

Plus the stab market will now just move. the name will change to exotic element, but the core mat for level 55 gear is just like mole stabs.
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Basil_Evenstar
02.23.2013 , 12:20 AM | #6
Molecular stabilizers will become like Biometric Crystal Alloys did when stabilizers were released. Still usable for crafting but better methods of getting gear will exist.

Voriof
02.23.2013 , 09:21 AM | #7
Mostly though if the price of them completely tank out the way the Alien Data cubes did, to make the new droid and ship upgrades a viable crafting venue. Compared to their value of a few weeks ago, I expect, that in 2.0, they will become relatively worthless.

Kytea
02.23.2013 , 09:31 AM | #8
Shadowlands Stab market is around 80-90k on the GTN now.
What's it like on other servers?
It's not impossible. It's just improbable.

ugnos
02.23.2013 , 10:00 AM | #9
It's around 70k on Red Eclipse.

DarthBurton
02.23.2013 , 11:32 AM | #10
75k an T3-M4 (german PvE). But until 2.0 goes live, the market isn't dead. At least some 27 armorings still sell very well on my server. What i also learned on the PTS: The new crafting material (exotic element) can't be earned by reverse engineering enhancements or modifications. I guess that makes mats-farming through pvp less profitable.
Kinara - Sage Lv. 55 - Mídori - Sorcerer Lv. 55 - Dárya - Sage Lv. 55
Kíeran - Sentinel Lv. 55 - Sául - Juggernaut Lv. 49 - Natálya - Guardian Lv. 50
Ayaná - Vanguard Lv. 55 - Murdoҫk - Commando Lv. 51
Nakajima - Scoundrel Lv. 55 - Caitlín - Shadow Lv. 55