Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

Warren-Stride
02.23.2013 , 06:08 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
While they are known of, it was not possible to successfully separate them from the trees which they grew/lived on without knowledge of certain methods for doing so. These methods were only developed in the period after the fall of the Galactic Empire, sometime during the Thrawn Campaigns, or a little earlier.
While this is true, and I don't know the details, wouldn't it be possible for G0-T0 to find this solution as well? If he actually took a vested interest in the lizards, couldn't he develop a way to get them off? Is what Thrawn did super-special, and unable to be replicated by anyone else?

In fact, Thrawn was not the first one to do it, a group of smugglers found the way to remove it. So it stands to reason that G0-T0 could still aquire these things, seeing as he's (probably) more skilled and knowlegable than the smugglers that figured it out. Maybe send his Zhug Brothers to gather them?
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Canino
02.23.2013 , 06:19 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
Remember, she is still surrounded by Sith Assassins in her Academy on Malachor V, and so reaching her would be difficult without raising an alarm.
No, it would actually be the easiest thing they can do, because of how the assassins are completely and utterly useless against G0-T0 and his army.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Beniboybling
02.23.2013 , 09:20 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
Unfortunately, for what reason I still do not fully understand, each and every Kaggath player knows that G0-T0 is adroid, as per K-canon. No idea why, it just.... is.
You do know why, because every time someone brings it up I explain it to them, as I shall do so now:

As per Kaggath rules the combatants know the identity of their opponents, G0-T0's identity is that of a rogue infrastructure planning system and crime boss of the Exchange - not his alias, Goto. Much like Darth Traya's identity is that of a Sith Lord, not a old woman called Kreia. And Darth Plagueis' the same, not Hego Damask.

You and others make an excellent point about Traya not being able to sense droids however, I hadn't considered that. But for some clarification on Force sense, it usually occurs at least 5 seconds before the danger reveals itself - which would probably be ample time for Traya to draw her lightsaber and deflect an incoming attack.

Also concerning Vornskr, if a Sith can be defeated by a pack of hounds then they don't deserve the title 'Sith'. However what they will be very effective against is stealth, the Vornskr hunt using the Force and can sense Force sensitives, so stealth attacks would be rendered useless. Having a few of these 'guarding' G0-T0 would be a powerful defensive measure.

Two things we should consider though is that, if Traya knows that she cannot sense droids and that assassination is likely the method G0-T0 will use to kill her, will she even be at Malachor where G0-T0 would suspect her to be?

Aurbere
02.23.2013 , 12:11 PM | #24
I really think we are underestimating the utility of Traya's assassins. Sure they aren't as effective against non-Force users as they are against Jedi, but that does not automatically void them from this battle. They are still effective. They can still 'backstab' people or infiltrate areas. In fact, I think they could get on G0-T0's ship. Provided that he is still preying on shuttles around Nar Shaddaa.
Added Chapter 35 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Canino
02.23.2013 , 01:41 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I really think we are underestimating the utility of Traya's assassins. Sure they aren't as effective against non-Force users as they are against Jedi, but that does not automatically void them from this battle. They are still effective. They can still 'backstab' people or infiltrate areas. In fact, I think they could get on G0-T0's ship. Provided that he is still preying on shuttles around Nar Shaddaa.
I don't see them finding the ship. If they can't find an organic who has no force connection- how can they find something with absolutely no force energy? Even if they do find the ship- they would be annihilated. These assassins rely on a force ability that makes them stronger when their opponent is stronger in the force, and vice versa. With an opponent who has no force abilities they would be destroyed. Literally.

And to Beni- your right- Traya will most definitely not be on Malachor V. With the MSG and barely any defense* she would be severely out matched there. But if she leaves she loses her Dark Side Nexus and some power. Would she take the risk? Yes- but where would she go? Does she have Dxun?

* Assassins being incapable of winning.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Ventessel
02.23.2013 , 01:48 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
No, it would actually be the easiest thing they can do, because of how the assassins are completely and utterly useless against G0-T0 and his army.
That's a dramatic overstatement. They still have lightsabers and the Force, and are trained combatants. They just can't hunt the droids across great distances using the Force.
Precisely, Traya's assassins are still... you know, Sith Assassins. They're going to be quite effective against most droids, since they can deflect blaster fire.
Can't really find a way around The Force. However, there may be a vision spectrum that would allow the HK's to see a cloaked Traya. However, I can't think of one. Thermal, maybe?
Well, thermal is just the infrared spectrum of light. Theoretically, a Jedi is bending visible light around himself when he uses Force Cloak. This is an intensive and exhausting power to use, but it might be possible to extend the range of Force Cloak to other spectrums (infrared, ultraviolet, etc.) by expending more effort to divert those waves as well. A droid, properly equipped to defend against Force Cloak (at no small expense, I'm sure) would have a multispectrum visual scanner, which would check a wide range of wavelengths. So this could go either way depending on the skill of the Force user and the equipment of the droid.
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
While this is true, and I don't know the details, wouldn't it be possible for G0-T0 to find this solution as well? If he actually took a vested interest in the lizards, couldn't he develop a way to get them off? Is what Thrawn did super-special, and unable to be replicated by anyone else?

In fact, Thrawn was not the first one to do it, a group of smugglers found the way to remove it. So it stands to reason that G0-T0 could still aquire these things, seeing as he's (probably) more skilled and knowlegable than the smugglers that figured it out. Maybe send his Zhug Brothers to gather them?
Right, Thrawn capitalized on this discovery when he became aware of it. However, will G0-T0 have any way to be aware of these creatures or the methods needed to harvest them? He has relatively little experience with Jedi/Sith, and has expressed a rather blaise attitude towards the Force. He is aware of it, but does not really understand the abilities of the Force, seeing as he was created in an era when few Force users were left alive.

Even assuming that G0-T0 uncovers the existence of Ysalamir, he would have to devote resources to sending an expedition to determine how to harvest them, and then devote personnel (or droids) to recovering them en masse. This would be a late-game advantage, if he ever acquired it.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Canino
02.23.2013 , 01:54 PM | #27
Alright, perhaps I was too harsh. But they will still have a hard time fighting G0-T0's army as they do rely on their opponents force strength to gain their strength.
---------

Wolfninjajedi
02.23.2013 , 02:08 PM | #28
Well being fair, the Sith Assassins were just those black wearing guys with the pikes. Only a small number of them were actually force sensitive and used lightsabers, most just used pikes and stealth generator belts. Though ya they did get stronger, depending on how powerful the Force user was, but just to clear that up Kreia doesn't have a lot of Force users with her its a small minority.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
02.23.2013 , 02:17 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Well being fair, the Sith Assassins were just those black wearing guys with the pikes. Only a small number of them were actually force sensitive and used lightsabers, most just used pikes and stealth generator belts. Though ya they did get stronger, depending on how powerful the Force user was, but just to clear that up Kreia doesn't have a lot of Force users with her its a small minority.
Well not exactly, they were the minority yes, but not small. For the record the Sith Assassins were force sensitive, not strongly mind, and she did possess a considerable number of Sith Lords, adepts, acolytes, dark Jedi etc. etc.

And if Traya wasn't on Malachor V, she would likely be on Korriban in the 'abandoned' Sith academy. But will she? I mean those HK units would have to be very skilled to get to the Trayus Core undetected...

Wolfninjajedi
02.23.2013 , 02:23 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Well not exactly, they were the minority yes, but not small. For the record the Sith Assassins were force sensitive, not strongly mind, and she did possess a considerable number of Sith Lords, adepts, acolytes, dark Jedi etc. etc.

And if Traya wasn't on Malachor V, she would likely be on Korriban in the 'abandoned' Sith academy. But will she? I mean those HK units would have to be very skilled to get to the Trayus Core undetected...
Never said that they weren't Force Sensitives I did say they got stronger depending on what FS they were facing. :P
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.