Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

Beniboybling
02.22.2013 , 03:05 PM | #1
“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”

Final Round: Darth Traya vs G0-T0

Welcome to the grand finale of the ‘Kaggath Tournament’. Over the past many weeks I’ve been in pitting the power bases of iconic Star Wars characters against each other in an epic tournament-style extravaganza – and after much debate a final two have been chosen: the most cunning, conniving, crafty individuals that this galaxy has to offer – (excluding Darth Sidious and Thrawn of course.)

For all those of you aren’t aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. The Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.

Before we begin, let’s go over the ground rules a final time:

• The arena: the known galaxy.
  • No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base, or other prominent powers. This excludes allies of the era i.e. Darth Sion & Nihilus, the Twin Suns, Hanharr.
  • No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
  • No surrender, fight to the death!
  • No superweapons, discounting the Mass Shadow Generator.*
  • Technology level is universal (unless considered archaic or advanced at the time): blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
  • Use your imagination: obviously these powers existed in a different time frame but let’s just pretend.

So, the combatants. Darth Traya was a master manipulator, highly knowledgeable, skilled with a lightsaber and possessing immense power in the Force. And G0-T0 went from being a subservient planning droid to an epitome of cunning, logic and reason, using his cold and calculating persona to achieve unnoticed power and influence on a galactic stage.

Masquerading as an Exchange boss G0-T0 controlled his own planetary cell and a legion of elite HK-50 assassin droids and mercenary clans. While Traya possessed the scattered remnants of Darth Revan’s Sith Empire, including a legion of deadly assassins and Sith. Both combatants possess immense, yet invisible power in two very different realms, as well as a sharp and cunning mind. Yet who’s shadowy empire will claim dominance? Who will win?

Let the Kaggath Grand Finals begin!

Beniboybling
02.22.2013 , 03:06 PM | #2
*that’s right the Mass Shadow Generator is permitted in this battle, in order to make up for a disadvantage that as a non-force sensitive G0-T0 would have difficulty overcoming - and also taking into account that in a real Kaggath the Mass Shadow Generator would be very much operational.

Aurbere
02.22.2013 , 03:10 PM | #3
"So it begins."- Theoden, King of Rohan

^Been waiting to use that.

Interesting choice to bring in the MSG.

Before I get into full debate mode, I will say that the HK-50 assassination scenario will not work. Not because of the Sith in the Trayus Academy, but because of Traya's technique in Force Cloak.
Added Chapter 35 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Maaruin
02.22.2013 , 03:17 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
"So it begins."- Theoden, King of Rohan

^Been waiting to use that.

Interesting choice to bring in the MSG.

Before I get into full debate mode, I will say that the HK-50 assassination scenario will not work. Not because of the Sith in the Trayus Academy, but because of Traya's technique in Force Cloak.
Are you sure that after a hundred tries G0-T0 might not figure out a way for his Assassins to get around Force Cloak?

In general this battle has an interesting aspect:

Kreia can see shatterpoints in the galaxy, IIRC. G0-T0 also can see how the galaxy works much better than any human (for him galactic economics are a predictable game). So at the beginning, they might not actually fight each other, but fight through the galaxy. Traya tries to break it, G0-T0 tries to preserve it.
Not sure how this woultd end, though. I guess one of them will loose more resources in this game.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Wolfninjajedi
02.22.2013 , 04:19 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post

Welcome to the grand finale of the ‘Kaggath Tournament’. Over the past many weeks I’ve been in pitting the power bases of iconic Star Wars characters against each other in an epic tournament-style extravaganza – and after much debate a final two have been chosen: the most cunning, conniving, crafty individuals that this galaxy has to offer – (excluding Darth Sidious and Thrawn of course.)
What? I could have sworn Sidious was in an early Kaggath with Vitiate.......and he lost. <<
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
02.22.2013 , 05:00 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
What? I could have sworn Sidious was in an early Kaggath with Vitiate.......and he lost. <<
Yep, but that's not because of Vitiate's cunning (which he did possess in great amounts) but because of his force sensitive legions.

Aurbere
02.22.2013 , 06:17 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Are you sure that after a hundred tries G0-T0 might not figure out a way for his Assassins to get around Force Cloak?

Can't really find a way around The Force. However, there may be a vision spectrum that would allow the HK's to see a cloaked Traya. However, I can't think of one. Thermal, maybe?
Added Chapter 35 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Darkondo
02.22.2013 , 06:30 PM | #8
Traya vs G0-T0, its KOTOR 2 all over again.

Warren-Stride
02.22.2013 , 06:36 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Traya is blind. She cannot sense the droids with the Force. A HK-50 assassination will work.

Note that HK-47's and T3's fates were unknown to Traya, she could not sense their future. Which means she will not be able to foresee a HK-50 attack. Nor will she be able to sense their presense, and they're assassin droids. They won't be giving anything away with sound, etc. She can't see them. She's blind in more ways than one.

Also, pre-cog "spidey-sense" works seconds before danger, not as it is approaching. So even if she force-cloaked, she'd already have blaster bolts flying at her from HKs she didn't even know were there.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Warren-Stride
02.22.2013 , 06:39 PM | #10
I think it's safe to assume that G0-T0 will be taking the offensive here.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?