Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 changes on PTS

wadecounty
02.21.2013 , 05:29 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ChicksDigHarleys View Post
Does the Guardian Slash AOE now hit CC'd targets?

How about removing the threat drop from Focused Defense for Guards in Soresu so it can frickin be used by tanks? Please?!?
No it doesn't, however there's a bug where it doesn't apply the AOE effect if it kills the target you initially attack.

For your second question, why? We have Saber Reflect now, arguably the best defensive cooldown in the entire game for any tank on only a 1 minute cooldown, AND Saber Ward and Invincible have had their cooldowns reduced by 30 seconds each. I know its early, but I'm already thinking Guardians are potentially the best tanks with all the changes taken into account to this point.

Zunayson
02.21.2013 , 05:30 PM | #22
Does the Guardian Slash AOE now hit CC'd targets?

How about removing the threat drop from Focused Defense for Guards in Soresu so it can frickin be used by tanks? Please?!?
Yeah I think that Soresu should remove Focused Defense's threat drop.

Quote: Originally Posted by wadecounty View Post
Are you serious? Just use it after charge, between Unremitting and Stagger they have to burn a cooldown if they don't want to take all 3 hits. It works fine now that way and will still work fine that way with 2.0.

Btw, parsed the new Vigilance... did 2430, I messed up the rotation some and was using the stock 69 gear you get from the vendor without any tweaks (did move it over to my armor so I had some strength augments in). For reference, my friend on his Assault Vanguard, who easily parses over 2k now, was only doing around 2.2-2.3k on bosses in hard mode Hammer Station.

I'm thinking we're going to want the 2 piece Sentinel bonus, as Master Strike still makes up significantly more of our damage than Blade Storm does (22% compared to 14%).

http://www.torparse.com/a/139777/32/0/Overview
Actually, I meant anytime after the first one. I feel that vigi needs to parse the absolute most unconditionally when using master strike since we are a (Trying to say this with a straight face IRL) an immobile caster melee lmao
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

wadecounty
02.21.2013 , 05:44 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Zunayson View Post
Actually, I meant anytime after the first one. I feel that vigi needs to parse the absolute most unconditionally when using master strike since we are a (Trying to say this with a straight face IRL) an immobile caster melee lmao
Assuming you mean in PvP, its not a big deal, leaps cooldown is 15 seconds, meaning unless Zen Strike procs for you, you're going to be using leap again before your 2nd Master Strike anyways, OR you can use Force Push to get another leap in as well.

And if you take Preparation for PvP (which you should), you'll have everything off cooldown everytime you finish off a target anyways, fantastic if you're picking off a ranged DPS in the back who isn't being supported by his teammates.

ChicksDigHarleys
02.21.2013 , 05:55 PM | #24
Still downloading test client, so I just looked at the updated defense talent tree http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-.../guardian/225/ and have some questions/comments:

Battlefield Command might be useful if it reduced the minimum range of force Leap to 5/0 with 1/2 points invested.

What's the point of Purifying Sweeps now that Sundering Strike gives you your 5 stacks of armor debuff? Is it a separate and stacking armor debuff? Is it the same 20% debuff?

Other than that, I'm actually pleased with the changes to Defense Tree
You are playing a frickin video game.
You are not hardcore by any reasonable definition.

wadecounty
02.21.2013 , 06:36 PM | #25
Still downloading test client, so I just looked at the updated defense talent tree http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-.../guardian/225/ and have some questions/comments:

Battlefield Command might be useful if it reduced the minimum range of force Leap to 5/0 with 1/2 points invested.

What's the point of Purifying Sweeps now that Sundering Strike gives you your 5 stacks of armor debuff? Is it a separate and stacking armor debuff? Is it the same 20% debuff?

Other than that, I'm actually pleased with the changes to Defense Tree
The point of Purifying Sweeps is to put the sunder debuff on multiple targets at once, helps your DPS and makes more of them susceptible to the AOE effect of Guardian Slash. I suppose on a single target boss fight it'd be unnecessary but if you look at the tree, it makes perfect sense to spec for it in PvE for normal situations at least.

Battlefield command is basically a PvP talent, although it can be nice for speed running a flashpoint or dailies as well.

Zunayson
02.21.2013 , 07:23 PM | #26
Assuming you mean in PvP, its not a big deal, leaps cooldown is 15 seconds, meaning unless Zen Strike procs for you, you're going to be using leap again before your 2nd Master Strike anyways, OR you can use Force Push to get another leap in as well.

And if you take Preparation for PvP (which you should), you'll have everything off cooldown everytime you finish off a target anyways, fantastic if you're picking off a ranged DPS in the back who isn't being supported by his teammates.
Preparation only works (If I read it right) when combat drops, not when you get a kill. If it was when we got a kill we could just use combat focus and spam slash and kill mobs and rinse and repeat lol. Dropping combat is difficult in large group based pvp,

I foresee it's use to set up huttball chains if people kill those targets individually,

or if you know

22k leaps
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.

ArenCordial
02.21.2013 , 07:28 PM | #27
Looks like the datamined information was mostly spot on.

The only think I noticed didn't make it was

Engulfing Force: Damage increased by 10%

or did I miss that?

wadecounty
02.21.2013 , 07:30 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Zunayson View Post
Preparation only works (If I read it right) when combat drops, not when you get a kill. If it was when we got a kill we could just use combat focus and spam slash and kill mobs and rinse and repeat lol. Dropping combat is difficult in large group based pvp,
Which is why I specified picking off a ranged DPS unsupported by his team in the back as a scenario where Preparation would come into play. In that scenario, you'd drop combat after he dies.

Zunayson
02.24.2013 , 12:43 PM | #29
Which is why I specified picking off a ranged DPS unsupported by his team in the back as a scenario where Preparation would come into play. In that scenario, you'd drop combat after he dies.
good point