Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Time for a PvP Fix

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheNahash
02.20.2013 , 07:10 PM | #471
yep we do.
I'm really curious about its cd though

veyl
02.20.2013 , 09:52 PM | #472
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
yep we do.
I'm really curious about its cd though
It's 3 minutes. The spell itself is a channeled 10 second spell that if you move or do anything else, the spell breaks and puts the ability on CD. (Kind of like Mage's ice block from wow but with a long channel.) It's essentially a "Please come help me, I'm going to die" spell.

Edonidd
02.20.2013 , 10:04 PM | #473
Quote: Originally Posted by veyl View Post
It's 3 minutes. The spell itself is a channeled 10 second spell that if you move or do anything else, the spell breaks and puts the ability on CD. (Kind of like Mage's ice block from wow but with a long channel.) It's essentially a "Please come help me, I'm going to die" spell.
So they gave other classes a reflect everything for 3 seconds ability, or a teleport to someplace useful ability, or a damage ability they can use while CC'd, but gave us a self stun basically that allowed us to take ourselves out of a fight and not damage anyone?

Ofiicially retiring my Sorc unless that "slightly" that they boosted affliction and creeping terror is like 120% slightly.

veyl
02.21.2013 , 12:40 AM | #474
They also removed Instant Whirlwind from the Madness tree.

Ghost_Spectre
02.21.2013 , 01:34 AM | #475
*** for? What idiot thought that was a good idea? I am now more convinced these devs have no idea what they are doing. EA must want these people to screw the game up so bad that the players will quit so they can take the loss and use it as a write off.
Azumi Veng Juggernaut Imperius Deception Sin Demonicus Healing Sorceress
Tempest TK Sage Requiem Guardian Tank Sei-Cair Gunnery Commando
Starchild Legacy Jedi Convenant Guild Light/Dark Holiday

TheNahash
02.21.2013 , 02:04 AM | #476
Quote: Originally Posted by Edonidd View Post
So they gave other classes a reflect everything for 3 seconds ability, or a teleport to someplace useful ability, or a damage ability they can use while CC'd, but gave us a self stun basically that allowed us to take ourselves out of a fight and not damage anyone?

Ofiicially retiring my Sorc unless that "slightly" that they boosted affliction and creeping terror is like 120% slightly.
Well, let's face it... that's not happening.

However I did see some cool new things for healers.
- Force Surge: At 2/2, with 3 charges makes Revivification activate without channeling
- Overload instantly heals you and your affected allies for a fixed amount (one more heal)
- Corrupted Barried: At 2/2, Static Barrier/Force Barrier heals you for 1% of your health every second for as long as they are up
- Twisted Force: At 3/3, Innervate channels and ticks 18% faster

Of course most of those would mean bye-bye bubble stun (which now only applies to ourselves anyway), but I'm all for pure corruption if it's viable now.

Ishtharo
02.21.2013 , 08:20 AM | #477
Pure corruption is NOT viable. I did a little spec testing last night on the PTS and here is what I found.

While we gained a weak defensive cooldowns, Electric Bindings was moved so far up the lightning tree that its not able to be taken by heal sorcs. Bubble stun still works, but only on the caster. Nice part is only direct damage breaks it now.

So in my playings last night, and tweaking the spec around I found full corruption can put out a massive amount of healing, but is still the squishiest class int he game, and not viable for PvP. You must hybrid to gain enough survivability to survive any melee class long enough to get help. This of course, reduces the amount of top tier delicious abilities sorcs get now to reduce cast times and boost healing, making us a so-so point target healer.

Thinking of rolling an operative or merc.

PS. there is a gear swap glitch right now that is giving people upwards of 70k HP in WZs, so that may have something to do with it. When they fix it Ill give a more detailed report on what is going on.
VenusFallen - Sorc Heals
Bilith - Vengeance Jug
Pot5
Nessuno purro...

Laforet
02.21.2013 , 11:39 AM | #478
sins
- low slash on an insanely low cd
- standart 4 sec stun 1 min cd

ptech
- standart 4 sec
- aoe melee 8 sec mez with low cd (45 secs)

lolmara
- force choke
- aoe melee mez with low cd
- lacks standart 4 sec 1 min stun, but has a "unique stun" of their own in the form of force choke, like it or love it, its unique and very good on some situations

mandoes
- standart 4 sec 1 min stun
- casted 8 sec ranged mez, with the option of turning it instant by using their nature swiftnesslike spells. Im assuming they didnt removed it for mandos, but i wouldnt be surprised if they did, they hate mandos btw

operative
- 10m INSTANT AOE MEZ
- standart melee 4 sec stun

snipa
- INSTANT AOE MEZ
- standart melee 4 sec

jugga
same as lolmara

sorc
- standart 4 sec
- 2 sec casted single target mez with no option of turning it instant, neither by talents or by spending major CDs

While i think all forms of INSTANT CC are detrimental to PvP (makes the game facerollish, just look what happened to WoW) i find it curious that they are removing the possibility of instant WW and now we will be prolly the only AC in the game who doesnt have acess to a instant 8 sec "white" CC, further undermining out situation in PvP.

Im all for the removal of instant cc of the game, replacing with more "thoughtful" casted cc, but if they are removing it they should remove of everyone not target a single spec / tree down.

But then we shouldnt be surprised, we cant do (burst) damage, we cant heal with acceptable levels of survivability, why the hell should we be able to instant mez like everyone else?

Scum and villainy indeed
Believer - Seer - Fatman - RETIRED

Jkelectronet Poledancer new healstar inc.

Laforet
02.21.2013 , 11:44 AM | #479
It looks like a good skill and i will take it everyday, but with the lost of bubble stun AND knockback root, with heal sorcs still having to sacrifice the world to take at least SELF bubble stun i dont think a glorified ice block will change our fate in PvP.

Granted im still testing it tho, i dont like the big picture.

Were still dog tier.

Laforet
02.21.2013 , 11:46 AM | #480
Quote: Originally Posted by Ishtharo View Post
Pure corruption is NOT viable. I did a little spec testing last night on the PTS and here is what I found.

While we gained a weak defensive cooldowns, Electric Bindings was moved so far up the lightning tree that its not able to be taken by heal sorcs. Bubble stun still works, but only on the caster. Nice part is only direct damage breaks it now.

So in my playings last night, and tweaking the spec around I found full corruption can put out a massive amount of healing, but is still the squishiest class int he game, and not viable for PvP. You must hybrid to gain enough survivability to survive any melee class long enough to get help. This of course, reduces the amount of top tier delicious abilities sorcs get now to reduce cast times and boost healing, making us a so-so point target healer.

Thinking of rolling an operative or merc.

PS. there is a gear swap glitch right now that is giving people upwards of 70k HP in WZs, so that may have something to do with it. When they fix it Ill give a more detailed report on what is going on.
Thx for the info, so the situation of full heals is the same as it is today, awesomesauce healing numbers but totally unable to cope with anything related to PvP (people attacking you)?