Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gree Event, why even teast us with weapons if we cant get them

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Gree Event, why even teast us with weapons if we cant get them

GarfieldJL
02.20.2013 , 06:47 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthLeeloo View Post
It's not demanding instant gratification to be annoyed when you find out you'll come up short of champion in the 3rd week because you didn't perfectly plan out when to use your rep rewards. It's a valid reaction. 'Cause it's annoying.
Agreed, we go in game to play a game not do a next to impossible mad-dash scramble.

SlimsPicken
02.20.2013 , 07:22 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthLeeloo View Post
It's not demanding instant gratification to be annoyed when you find out you'll come up short of champion in the 3rd week because you didn't perfectly plan out when to use your rep rewards. It's a valid reaction. 'Cause it's annoying.
I understand that people are bummed, but as the old saying goes "failing to plan, is planning to fail".
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

DarthLeeloo
02.20.2013 , 08:14 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimsPicken View Post
I understand that people are bummed, but as the old saying goes "failing to plan, is planning to fail".
I dunno. I wouldn't expect perfect order of using rep item rewards to be on most people's minds when it comes to something to plan ahead for. This isn't interestingly tricky gameplay. Just a nuisance.

ZenomX
02.20.2013 , 08:55 PM | #24
People are still crying about this? myself and others have pointed out in more then one thread that you can still hand in rep after reset. Squeezing out that last bit of rep when u overcap is not going to make a big difference when you have lots of rep tokens in your bag come next tuesday.

For people who didn't "maximise" their rep when overcapped, dont fret. just keep smashing out dailies, do world bosses/ops bosses. you can still hit champion after the reset, just farm as many rep items as you can.

SentinelDranoel
02.20.2013 , 09:00 PM | #25
I have 5 50s, all I need is a each one to store some tokens and I can hit Champion after the event. If I do not do it next week then if the vendors stay up, I can do it the following week.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic anyday

Thaed
02.20.2013 , 09:48 PM | #26
For the record, it is absolutely possible to achieve champion next week. I just did so on the PTS.

Also, Champion to Legend is 30k Rep. Just putting that out there.
Selkath.com: You'll never find a more pleasant hive of honey and friendship.

VaiVictus
02.21.2013 , 12:02 PM | #27
There are some people making good arguments, planning is important, maybe everything shouldn't just be handed out. But I think the point is many people have paid for this game 60 at time it came out + 15 or so per month. Limited events are fine give people a reward for playing daily or whatever. Here is my problem:

This is a game to consumers, consumers are NOT business planning, we are not here to spend our free time thinking on this "GAME" like its a job, business or what have you. This game is for fun. I think many people who are completionist like myself are bothered by the fact that the goal of Legend cannot be reached in the time allowed and those of who do NOT spend our entire day playing 1 - 12 level 50 characters to "min/max" reputation for items that really are not that awesome, sure i'd personally like to have that white gree armor but I frankly have a better suit of armor on my character (yes I only have 1 level 50 character) and would get it just to have it or to feel all tronish with my cyan saber.

I come from a long line of RPG pen and paper gaming and min/maxing is boring, its tedious and for the anal retentive, which means it will never go away. Games are meant to be fun but are invaribly turned into jobs of sorts. Some people spend more time gaming than living. While games are fun, working with or playing against people is fun it is not life, it is not living and game companies trying to cater to peoples obsession with gambling, collectibles and various other things to make money or get people to spend time I think is marginally criminal since its encouraging people to treat a game, be it against AI or real people, as though its life.

I have met many great people playing SWTOR, some of my PUG groups have been amazing, others not so much but real life friends are still more important than those who are only around for one FP or OP an then may or may not see again. Even people I do see regularly may not be around next week due to the next MMO that caters to obsessive compulsive behavior comes out. Don't kid yourselves that is all these games are, collecting things that have no benefit what so ever, spending hours (sometimes more than full-time work hours) playing a game to collect something of no game value or real world value. Now that it is F2P you have people spending more on the game now buying Cartel Coins gambling for prizes than if they had just bought the game to begin with and paid a subscription.

Back on topic, it would be nice to know for sure if this event will indeed be continued to finish earning reputation to get items desired or if the casual person who is not spending hours a day playing multiple characters to achieve things that have no real benefit.

Oh and I might add, seriously with all the money the game has made at least make the items from an event unique. That light saber people talk about (or at least the one I want for my guardian) is the exact same hilt as many other lightsabers I can just buy with comes in the game. The only difference is it has a crackling effect on the lightsaber blade that I find personally unappealing. Are the developers really that lazy or just plain unimaginative? Should Gree items have a unique look and feel now found in the everyday aspects of the game? Why is everything in this game look exactly the same just with different color schemes. The only thing I have seen with effort is I saw a guy on a mount that looked like the fast travel speeders with smoke coming out of the end of it, apparently some unique item offered back in the day. I have seen another speed that everyone can buy that is truly different but again for me personally ugly as sin, I didn't like the speeders in the phantom menace and I don't like them now as a mount but at least its different than just a change of color from whats already out there.

If the Gree event will indeed be continued and reputation is not reset to start from 0 but can be built up from where it left off so that items can be gotten later then much of my personal complaint is moot. That would be fair those who spend the time to get it early my hats off to them for having that kind of time to spend "earning" their reward, America might be a better place if more Americans would "earn" their pay and spend that energy they have on a game to apply to their work life, arguments against bad employers set aside. But again at least the early winners of the spoils have what is desirable and the and those who did not make it that far can just get it later.

I'm sure there will be comments refuting, defending, or flaming my own but I will make my own disclaimer these are my opinions and i'm sure there are some that share them and some that don't.

BobaScott
02.21.2013 , 12:12 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Thaed View Post
Also, Champion to Legend is 30k Rep. Just putting that out there.
Screenshot?

AlienEyeTX
02.21.2013 , 12:34 PM | #29
Even if they had not intended for anybody to earn the weapons this time through, it is still good to show that they are there. It gives people something to work towards. Take this scenario: Player logs on and goes to check out the available rewards on the vendor. Doesn't like the armor. Doesn't see the weapons because they couldn't be attained until the next round, so why show them? Decides not to take part because the player is not interested in the rewards. Suddenly, when the event comes back and the player hears about the weapons that are now available, it is a huge disappointment because he/she has to start from the beginning with earning rep. Also must wait until the third round of the event to earn the weapon.

In that scenario, if the player knows straight away that the weapons will be available, he/she can start working toward gaining them, even that will not happen until round two of the event.

It's nice to have a goal to work toward.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

Thaed
02.21.2013 , 12:54 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by BobaScott View Post
Screenshot?
Maybe tonight, if I can be bothered. For now, just take my word for it. (And it's 30k total, not a 30k increase.)
Selkath.com: You'll never find a more pleasant hive of honey and friendship.