Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Obirayy's Avatar


Obirayy
02.20.2013 , 04:31 PM | #2781
Quote: Originally Posted by Banegio View Post
I believe due to the number of different language servers they initially had in EU, some of different server types were merged at the last round of server merge.

Cross server type transfers were also done back when apac servers launch.

So they have done it before.
Im Sorry mr banegio, oooooo i am for reeaalll, I could quite pick what song this was from? I tried to think of some a million times

odonoghuet's Avatar


odonoghuet
02.20.2013 , 04:47 PM | #2782
Hey Joveth,

"MARCO"

Now you say...
Laugh and the universe laughs with you, cry and you're on the path to the dark side.

Amlici's Avatar


Amlici
02.20.2013 , 05:06 PM | #2783
Quote: Originally Posted by Banegio View Post
I believe due to the number of different language servers they initially had in EU, some of different server types were merged at the last round of server merge.

Cross server type transfers were also done back when apac servers launch.

So they have done it before.
Ah really. I stand corrected then. Maybe there's hope for us still then.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

phyzix-'s Avatar


phyzix-
02.20.2013 , 05:34 PM | #2784
Quote: Originally Posted by Banegio View Post
I believe due to the number of different language servers they initially had in EU, some of different server types were merged at the last round of server merge.

Cross server type transfers were also done back when apac servers launch.

So they have done it before.
Actually there is one type of server for each language, last I checked, which was after consolidation to mega servers.
9 servers in EU, so that point is valid in the sense they have never done it before.
It is invalid in the fact that 85% of the people want to merge anyway. PVP players don't mind because there isn't open world PVP going on now, so it can't get worse. And increasing the amount of players will increase the amount of WZ going on. I'm on Gav and 80% of the players do PVP (that number is a guesstimate, the 85% wanting to merge was from the survey)
The RP clique is least interested in moving, but even they will get more players to RP with, and more player intolerant of them getting harassed for RPing in an MMORPG <- me being optimistic

avimeso's Avatar


avimeso
02.20.2013 , 06:19 PM | #2785
i still cant believe this hasn't been addressed.
there hasn't been any communication for weeks either.
I got excited when we first heard from bioware. I figured they might of been going to do something but still n othing.
very dissapointed no solution still

Amlici's Avatar


Amlici
02.20.2013 , 06:55 PM | #2786
Quote: Originally Posted by phyzix- View Post
It is invalid in the fact that 85% of the people want to merge anyway. PVP players don't mind because there isn't open world PVP going on now, so it can't get worse.
Yea well most PVE players here on Dalborra are open too a merge aswell but that said the Gree event seems to be abit of an experiment by Bioware to see how PVE players and PVP players would actually get along. I personally think it went ok but there are issues with this though. For example some players aren't really happy about being able to be flagged for PVP against their wishes by simply being in a group or ops with someone who is flagged.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

Banegio's Avatar


Banegio
02.20.2013 , 06:55 PM | #2787
Quote: Originally Posted by phyzix- View Post
Actually there is one type of server for each language, last I checked, which was after consolidation to mega servers.
9 servers in EU, so that point is valid in the sense they have never done it before.
It is invalid in the fact that 85% of the people want to merge anyway. PVP players don't mind because there isn't open world PVP going on now, so it can't get worse. And increasing the amount of players will increase the amount of WZ going on. I'm on Gav and 80% of the players do PVP (that number is a guesstimate, the 85% wanting to merge was from the survey)
The RP clique is least interested in moving, but even they will get more players to RP with, and more player intolerant of them getting harassed for RPing in an MMORPG <- me being optimistic
RP-PVP to PVP

Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We wanted to clarify the current situation with the European RP-PvP servers Lord Calypho, Jen'jidai, and Huntmaster. Our goal for SWTOR players with these free character transfers is to be able to offer a destination server for players to have the best gameplay experience possible. As such, due to the unique nature of having only one European RP-PvP server per language, we wanted to give the three aforementioned servers the choice to transfer to a destination PvP server. As of right now, Lord Calypho characters can transfer to Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Jen’jidai to Jar'Kai Sword, and Huntmaster to Darth Nihilus.

hamsel's Avatar


hamsel
02.20.2013 , 07:59 PM | #2788
Quote:
Players will now be separated into three level brackets for normal Warzone play: 10 – 29, 30 – 54, and level 55. Ranked Warzones now requires level 55.
From the patch notes for 2.0. This sure is going to make <55 pvp queues fun. :/

Yndras's Avatar


Yndras
02.20.2013 , 08:50 PM | #2789
Quote: Originally Posted by hamsel View Post
From the patch notes for 2.0. This sure is going to make <55 pvp queues fun. :/
I came on specifically to comment on that as well.

"•Players will now be separated into three level brackets for normal Warzone play: 10 – 29, 30 – 54, and level 55. Ranked Warzones now requires level 55."

With our low populations, this is going to hurt sub 55 pvp substantially. It's bad as it is already, this will make it much much worse.
Layda, Sentinel - Hoarus, Scoundrel
Bandeeto, Mercenary

darthnish's Avatar


darthnish
02.20.2013 , 11:54 PM | #2790
if they release 2.0 before they resolve this im going to be a very sad panda ]: