Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

When are we going to get some PvP Space Missions and an In-game Mic System??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
When are we going to get some PvP Space Missions and an In-game Mic System??

wellsfamily's Avatar


wellsfamily
02.20.2013 , 05:34 PM | #1
The Space Missions though fine for PvE on a rail system, need to be updated with some PvP missions on a Full Control system. They could use (though older) a system simular to the Rogue Squadron Flight system. We want some real dogfighting, not point the guns at ships as they pass us by with no control of how the ship moves.

And if they added an in-game Mic system for groups it would be so much easier to communicate with your fellow Group Members. Gives us a Guild Channel, WZ/Space Mission PvP Channel, OP's Channel, and a FP/Herioc Channel. It seems other big MMO's have in-game mic systems, though they may not always be the best, they still are better than nothing.
Maddmartigan - I am the greatest swordsman that every lived!!!

CaptRavenous's Avatar


CaptRavenous
02.20.2013 , 05:35 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by wellsfamily View Post
The Space Missions though fine for PvE on a rail system, need to be updated with some PvP missions on a Full Control system. They could use (though older) a system simular to the Rogue Squadron Flight system. We want some real dogfighting, not point the guns at ships as they pass us by with no control of how the ship moves.

And if they added an in-game Mic system for groups it would be so much easier to communicate with your fellow Group Members. Gives us a Guild Channel, WZ/Space Mission PvP Channel, OP's Channel, and a FP/Herioc Channel. It seems other big MMO's have in-game mic systems, though they may not always be the best, they still are better than nothing.
By the time you've had grandchildren.
THE GREYWALKER CONCLAVE- Master Zarchon Greywalker
HOUSE OF XARDOX - Darth Xardox

BEGEREN COLONY ROLE PLAY SERVER - west coast

Viridiana's Avatar


Viridiana
02.20.2013 , 05:45 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by wellsfamily View Post
The Space Missions though fine for PvE on a rail system, need to be updated with some PvP missions on a Full Control system. They could use (though older) a system simular to the Rogue Squadron Flight system. We want some real dogfighting, not point the guns at ships as they pass us by with no control of how the ship moves.

And if they added an in-game Mic system for groups it would be so much easier to communicate with your fellow Group Members. Gives us a Guild Channel, WZ/Space Mission PvP Channel, OP's Channel, and a FP/Herioc Channel. It seems other big MMO's have in-game mic systems, though they may not always be the best, they still are better than nothing.
None of this will ever be added to this game, they aren't going to invest the money to put voip into the game when everyone already uses Vent, Mumble, Raid-Call, TS3 or Skype.

And they don't place any value on the mini game space missions, they aren't going to revamp it to not be space on rails and they would have to do that to make it PVP, which would be completely ridiculous.

Koyaanisqat's Avatar


Koyaanisqat
02.20.2013 , 06:49 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Viridiana View Post
None of this will ever be added to this game, they aren't going to invest the money to put voip into the game when everyone already uses Vent, Mumble, Raid-Call, TS3 or Skype.

And they don't place any value on the mini game space missions, they aren't going to revamp it to not be space on rails and they would have to do that to make it PVP, which would be completely ridiculous.
I get enough racism over X-Box. Don't need it here.

Consider the amount of bandwidth they'd need to store the data for reporting purposes in terms of harassment.
Elgyn Vriess, Space Pirate of the KDY-MANTIS Amelia, HYPERSPACE LEGEND.
Courier at large; Mercenary at small.
Elgyn Vriess Courier Company: When you need tab A inserted into slot B without C getting in the way. No questions asked (besides, "What'll it pay?").

Viridiana's Avatar


Viridiana
02.20.2013 , 06:55 PM | #5
^lol, so true, would be ignoring every 13 year old in existence.

ShadoGazer's Avatar


ShadoGazer
02.20.2013 , 07:18 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Viridiana View Post
^lol, so true, would be ignoring every 13 year old in existence.
Wait...13 year olds play this game?!?!?!?? Oh God *cancels subscription immediately*

lol in all seriousness, Bioware just needs to invest in a large mumble server that's separate from game servers. And everyone who has mumble (not everyone does, believe it or not), can create a channel on that server or join a public channel. But...I don't see Bioware doing that, because as you said, they won't invest the money in a new server. Or maybe they will, who knows?

Traejun's Avatar


Traejun
02.20.2013 , 07:24 PM | #7
Better/more space stuff would be great, but not necessary. This isn't a space combat simulator.

EvE is --that--way-->

As for the in-game voice chat... why? Is it that hard to install vent or mumble?

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
02.20.2013 , 07:29 PM | #8
The new space combat system is still in development so.... sometime

Voice in game would be a horrible idea and I hope they don't waste resources on it.

ZirusZero's Avatar


ZirusZero
02.20.2013 , 07:46 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
The new space combat system is still in development so.... sometime

Voice in game would be a horrible idea and I hope they don't waste resources on it.
Why? It should be for PUG groups.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
02.20.2013 , 07:47 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ZirusZero View Post
Why? It should be for PUG groups.
trust me it very rarely gets used. I have played WoW, LotrO, and EQ2 all of which have in game voice and its very very rarely ever used.

Why waste the resources on something that isn't needed. The only time you need voice chat is during hard operations and you shouldn't be pugging those.