Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bw reverts repair cost change and offers limited time refund!!!!!!!!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bw reverts repair cost change and offers limited time refund!!!!!!!!!!

corlanicus
02.20.2013 , 05:01 PM | #11
guess the people can run the same tests as before this change, calculatiung in the discount and then see how much they have altered the costs.

grombrinda
02.20.2013 , 05:03 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Oggthebase View Post
No I don't thank EAware for blatantly gouging and lying to its playerbase about the repair cost calculations, and then facing the huge uproar backpedaling like there is no tomorrow.

Why should I thank them? It would be like thanking the guy who just mugged you in the street for hitting you then he stop bashing your head against the wall and you tell him thank you?

The people I thank are all the players who caused such an outcry that they forced EAware to back down.

THANK YOU, THE PLAYERS, FOR MAKING YOURSELF HEARD.
Amen sir...Amen!!!
We didn't start the Star Wars,They were already fightin' em,since George was writing them!!

TW-Cool
02.20.2013 , 06:18 PM | #13
Your subject title made this news sound way more cool then it really is. However, I am quite happy to hear about the different repair calculation plan and the 50% (sale?) that they plan to give us. So thanks for bringing it to my attention.

LVCommando
02.21.2013 , 06:28 PM | #14
Yea if they wanted to COMPLETELY screw anyone wanting to use group finder, this was definitely one of the ways to do it.

Insane repair costs only end up making the game more elitist and less approachable to the people who may not be good at finding a guild to play with. And not because of something specifically better gamewise about being in a guild, but because the repair costs are so insane people only want to trust certain people to play with to know there is NO chance of a death or a wipe that is going to pretty much negate any financial gain they may have made from running the FP or Op or whatever.

Making the game more grindy is not the answer to game economy issues. If someone has to grind for 3-4 hours to work up cash to pay for repairs if they have a death or two or a total wipe in endgame content they are going to loose ALOT of people.

I am glad they realized quickly what a moronic mistake this was but i'm not holding my breath to see what the repair costs are AFTER they fix it. Especialy AFTER this discount goes away.

Already because of this issue i'm having to wait 5 mins on average in groupfinder to get a HM FP and i'm a HEALER ffs. I'd say about half or more of the players have simply quit running endgame except in guild groups till this is fixed. And i'm hoping they fix this fast enough there is no mass exodus of people from the game in the meantime so after it's fixed I can get back to some more normal play.

thomasbaxter
02.21.2013 , 06:56 PM | #15
The new system will take the mods into consideration and not the shell. I expect the costs won't be as cheap as before but as long as they aren't what they are now that's good. Pleased they took this on board as this was THE deal breaker for me and I didn't think there would be one. I really don't like the dailies

"""Already because of this issue i'm having to wait 5 mins on average in groupfinder to get a HM FP and i'm a HEALER ffs""

Same mate and god forbid your OP falls apart at the final boss of KP or EV. I've been in GF for 4 days and still not had a group as healer and dps. Needless to say I'm not even getting my weekly ops missions done now.

Rafaman
02.21.2013 , 07:31 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Oggthebase View Post
No I don't thank EAware for blatantly gouging and lying to its playerbase about the repair cost calculations, and then facing the huge uproar backpedaling like there is no tomorrow.

Why should I thank them? It would be like thanking the guy who just mugged you in the street for hitting you then he stop bashing your head against the wall and you tell him thank you?

The people I thank are all the players who caused such an outcry that they forced EAware to back down.

THANK YOU, THE PLAYERS, FOR MAKING YOURSELF HEARD.
Ah... there it is. Thank god you saved the game.

fungihoujo
02.21.2013 , 11:26 PM | #17
Bad idea.

50% discount to repairs for a few months is a terrible choice BW- the moment that runs out, people are going to throw temper tantrums again, guaranteed.

KALELSAB
02.24.2013 , 07:31 AM | #18
Repair cost post 1.7 = 100% increase. Fix=50% discount. That means we need to repair twice as much to make up for the difference. Shouldn't the "fix" be 100% discount. Free repairs for a certain amount of time.