Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 Removal of Attacks on Stunned Targets

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
2.0 Removal of Attacks on Stunned Targets

Liam_Smith
02.20.2013 , 06:10 PM | #11
I love using the Tumult on my Sorcerer and Assassin, and the Pommel Strike on my Marauder... I use them very often when taking out weaker trash mobs solo or in flashpoints...

However, I don't think I'll lose any sleep over not having them anymore...
Prophecy of the Five
The Vosh Legacy
Liamnor Vosh - 50 Sorcerer Healer
Akarr Vosh - 50 Carnage Marauder
Banaaj Vosh - 41 Assassin Tank

Master-Nala
02.20.2013 , 06:11 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
What bothers me is that some of these abilities look really cool. The acrobatic kick thing looks really good on my juggernaut with the cape and all. Overall I like what they're doing with the abilities if the current patch notes are to be believed (subject to change and all) though. I like having options when it comes to pretty much everything and am not a fan of removal, but the abilities affected aren't very important.
I might be thinking of Guardians, but isn't that their interrupt?
HARBINGER-60s
Alana-Balance, Myschal-Ruffian, Vodoun-Vengeance, Alan-Combat Medic, Ztephanie-Hatred, Curiosi-Marksman, Angiola-Concentration, Chisami-Arsenal, Rickta-Kinetic Combat

Pscyon
02.20.2013 , 06:14 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
I might be thinking of Guardians, but isn't that their interrupt?
Haven't actually played my Guardian enough to remember their interrupt Though I suppose it's quite possible they share or have a similar animation.
Sith Sorcerer

Gaff
02.20.2013 , 06:35 PM | #14
I'd love to see even more abilities trimmed. The ability bloat is really bad in this game, and it isn't even as old as WoW (whose ability bloat comes from numerous level cap raises/flavor injections). Less is more. Wish we only had a handful of abilities at any one time like GW2.
"You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Estelindis
02.20.2013 , 06:36 PM | #15
Those abilities were really handy to speed up fighting trash mobs a little bit. They also looked really cool, particularly Tumult (the consular roundhouse kick). I loved using that! I hope they don't actually take it out, because I would really miss it. My consular is a sage and gets hardly any abilities with combatty (vs. magicky) animations, so it's nice to be able to do this if I feel like it.

For those complaining that it's needless ability bloat and takes up space pointlessly on the hotbar, they can just leave if off their hotbars and the problem is solved. People who like it should have the choice to keep using it.

MythosHero
02.20.2013 , 07:09 PM | #16
I raid as either a healer or tank, and I used those abilities regularly, not only on trash, but also to help with boss adds (the shield adds in EC tanks are a perfect example). I'll definitely be sad to see these go.
The Mythina Legacy | [HERO] | [Holocron] Jedi Covenant
Kalysta | Kayros | Felyra | Kaysera
Evanesca | Alecta | Daeonika | Chazeran
Kyranna Mythina | One with the Force, 12/15/11 | The World We Wrote.

Tordos
02.20.2013 , 11:25 PM | #17
They are situational abilities but that alone should not be a reason to remove them. Tell me they are game breaking and remove them, fine. Tell me they are being replaced with better abilities, very well. Tell me they are being removed for the sake of them being removed, we have a problem.

Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
For those complaining that it's needless ability bloat and takes up space pointlessly on the hotbar, they can just leave if off their hotbars and the problem is solved. People who like it should have the choice to keep using it.
Exactly.

JimG
02.21.2013 , 02:08 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimsPicken View Post
good they are finally taking out the trash.

Ability bloat is a problem in this game, now we have 6 hotbars, so its better, but these abilities are not needed and Im glad to see them gone.

I never even train them on any of my characters, so I sure wont miss them.
So if you never trained them, how do they result in "ability bloat" for you and how are they a problem for you? If you never train them, then they take up no space on your hotbars and they have no impact on you whatsoever.

PhantomMalice
02.21.2013 , 02:21 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
So if you never trained them, how do they result in "ability bloat" for you and how are they a problem for you? If you never train them, then they take up no space on your hotbars and they have no impact on you whatsoever.
Although you are correct about those who chose not to train them, you forgot about the people who did choose to buy those skills. To my knowledge, there are limited amount of ability slot a character can have and speeders, pets, legacy unlocks etc etc counts as an "ability". So I guess BW is getting rid of the least used skills in order to reduce the chance of someone who is a hardcore Cartel Collector not being able to train his Class Skills because he ran out of ability slots.

A far-fetched idea, but that is the best I can think of in BW's shoes.

Aelther
02.21.2013 , 02:24 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
I still used them a lot in PvE on trash. They're powerful time savers...
Exactly, I loved those 2 abilities, especially on my tank.