2.0 Removal of Attacks on Stunned Targets

Myeh-Myeh

I use abilities like pommel strike, cheap shot, headshot, and tumult a lot during mob fights; however, it looks like all stunned-target focused attacks will be removed in 2.0. I'm just curious as to why. I personally find these moves to be quite useful. I do not want this thread to become full of negative comments, but if you have constructive feedback and opinions, I'd like to know how others feel about this change.

Below is the link to Dulfy, where you can see all these abilities that have been removed if you scroll to your particular class:

http://dulfy.net/2013/02/20/swtor-patch-2-0-patch-notespts/

It also looks like a whole lot of other exciting stuff is coming though!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they are all very limited in use, you can't use them in PvP or on any mob more powerful than a Strong. So basically for occasional use while soloing. There are enough other abilities to use that it shouldn't affect a solo player much, if at all.

I'm sure BioWare has data on how often these abilities are used, and if they were actually being used often and were vital to play they wouldn't remove them. As it is, they're likely just taking up a quickbar slot for the vast majority of players.

Because this game launched with ability bloat and just over a year in they are raising the level cap leading to more abilities being added.

While, as a tank, they did help speed along killing things while soloing, they are the most limited abilities in the game, with a pre-requirement, long CD and limited viable targets, it makes sense to trim these from abilities list.

Edited by MaximusRex

What bothers me is that some of these abilities look really cool. The acrobatic kick thing looks really good on my juggernaut with the cape and all. Overall I like what they're doing with the abilities if the current patch notes are to be believed (subject to change and all) though. I like having options when it comes to pretty much everything and am not a fan of removal, but the abilities affected aren't very important.

They were fun abilities that were very useful while leveling, but overly situational at level cap. I couldn't quite remove them from my bars because they were useful for dailies/trash mobs, especially if I was a healing spec.

With the new 2.0 abilities, I completely understand that BW would be removed to reduce ability bloat.

What bothers me is that some of these abilities look really cool. The acrobatic kick thing looks really good on my juggernaut with the cape and all. Overall I like what they're doing with the abilities if the current patch notes are to be believed (subject to change and all) though. I like having options when it comes to pretty much everything and am not a fan of removal, but the abilities affected aren't very important.

I might be thinking of Guardians, but isn't that their interrupt?

I'd love to see even more abilities trimmed. The ability bloat is really bad in this game, and it isn't even as old as WoW (whose ability bloat comes from numerous level cap raises/flavor injections). Less is more. Wish we only had a handful of abilities at any one time like GW2.

Those abilities were really handy to speed up fighting trash mobs a little bit. They also looked really cool, particularly Tumult (the consular roundhouse kick). I loved using that! I hope they don't actually take it out, because I would really miss it. My consular is a sage and gets hardly any abilities with combatty (vs. magicky) animations, so it's nice to be able to do this if I feel like it.

For those complaining that it's needless ability bloat and takes up space pointlessly on the hotbar, they can just leave if off their hotbars and the problem is solved. People who like it should have the choice to keep using it.

They are situational abilities but that alone should not be a reason to remove them. Tell me they are game breaking and remove them, fine. Tell me they are being replaced with better abilities, very well. Tell me they are being removed for the sake of them being removed, we have a problem.

For those complaining that it's needless ability bloat and takes up space pointlessly on the hotbar, they can just leave if off their hotbars and the problem is solved. People who like it should have the choice to keep using it.

Exactly.

Edited by Tordos

good they are finally taking out the trash.

Ability bloat is a problem in this game, now we have 6 hotbars, so its better, but these abilities are not needed and Im glad to see them gone.

I never even train them on any of my characters, so I sure wont miss them.

So if you never trained them, how do they result in "ability bloat" for you and how are they a problem for you? If you never train them, then they take up no space on your hotbars and they have no impact on you whatsoever.

So if you never trained them, how do they result in "ability bloat" for you and how are they a problem for you? If you never train them, then they take up no space on your hotbars and they have no impact on you whatsoever.

Although you are correct about those who chose not to train them, you forgot about the people who did choose to buy those skills. To my knowledge, there are limited amount of ability slot a character can have and speeders, pets, legacy unlocks etc etc counts as an "ability". So I guess BW is getting rid of the least used skills in order to reduce the chance of someone who is a hardcore Cartel Collector not being able to train his Class Skills because he ran out of ability slots.

A far-fetched idea, but that is the best I can think of in BW's shoes.

I use tumult alot on my corruption sorc when Im doing sectionx/black hole weeklys - not a huge deal

I use savage kick every single time I force leap, except on elites of course - sucks I use this alot and it does a ton of damage

I really don't see reason to remove them, it's not like you're forced to keep them on your action bars or use, but some people actually like them. Unless BW intends to introduce endgame fights where we're actually going to fight weak and standard mobs, I see no reson to remove those skills.

Ability bloat sounds nasty, but it's only about abilities that have some use. Those things have as much use as legacy unarmed combat, and I don't see anyone calling for removal of those.