Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PTS has the 2.0 expansion up!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
PTS has the 2.0 expansion up!

Idejon's Avatar


Idejon
02.20.2013 , 05:54 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
It's like 11.6GB if I remember correctly
The PTS client is a separate client from live an as such you must redo enclosed the entire game. If you have never used the PTS before this takes quite a while as the main client is 11 GB without all the patches. As someone else has mentioned, the current 2.0 patch will only be 2.5 gb if you have already downloaded the PtS for a previous test.
The De'us Legacy
Quegaran - 55 Sage/Twi'lek Quedetruit - 55 GS/Chiss
Pasde - 55 Mercenary/Chiss Quag - 55 Assassin/Twi'lek
Absque - 55 Guardian/Human Maitre - 55 Vanguard/Twi'lek

Banegio's Avatar


Banegio
02.20.2013 , 05:54 PM | #12
2.0 =/= expansion

The update when 2.0 come will bring along the expansion.

What on the patch notes atm are all available without the "expansion".
Level55, operation, lv55 hm fps, abilities.

Looks like the expansion will just include a new planet, like restriction to Section X. Maybe a flashpoint.

BobaTheElite's Avatar


BobaTheElite
02.20.2013 , 05:54 PM | #13
As much as I already expected it, I was hoping for a real expansion. The fact that we'll be doing the same FP's and mostly the same Ops as we did at 50 just puts the nail in the coffin for me. I know it's a $20 expansion, but wouldn't it have been more beneficial to create a $40 expansion that could bring the game back to life? I guess this is truly just another f2p.

Hope you all enjoy the xpac though!
-Drizit: The Most Devious Killer in the Galaxy.

Idejon's Avatar


Idejon
02.20.2013 , 05:57 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Banegio View Post
2.0 =/= expansion

The update when 2.0 come will bring along the expansion.

What on the patch notes atm are all available without the "expansion".
Level55, operation, lv55 hm fps, abilities.

Looks like the expansion will just include a planet, like restriction to Section X. Maybe a flashpoint.
I believe this is at least partially incorrect as the expansion explicitly raises the level cap to 55. The PTS does not have Makeb in it to presumably protect the story while allowing us to test the skill changes and other system changes. It is important to note that Makeb is the designated way to hit 55 (although it could be done another way). Currently on the PTS there is an auto level function to hit 55 which will not be live.
The De'us Legacy
Quegaran - 55 Sage/Twi'lek Quedetruit - 55 GS/Chiss
Pasde - 55 Mercenary/Chiss Quag - 55 Assassin/Twi'lek
Absque - 55 Guardian/Human Maitre - 55 Vanguard/Twi'lek

Wodaz's Avatar


Wodaz
02.20.2013 , 06:00 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen_Starsolo View Post
The HM FP's and OP's are exclusive to RotHC now?
"Game Update 2.0 will be available for all players when it is released (Free-to-Play restrictions will still apply). "

Just what I read.
"Wodaz here! I'm all about havin' fun. You know, get a couple cocktails in me, start a fire in someone's kitchen. Maybe go to SeaWorld, take my pants off. Anyway, I kinda known for my catch phrase WHAMMY!!!!!"

MaximusRex's Avatar


MaximusRex
02.20.2013 , 06:10 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
"Tumult has been removed from the game."
Yeah... did anyone ever use that? Aside from ***** and giggles?

Also: another HM LI nerf (why? why?).
I suspect the HM Lost Island nerfs are because it will be level 50 content, with the new cap being 55, they probably want to group it with the other level 50 HM flashpoints. These nerfs would bring it in line with the others.

Banegio's Avatar


Banegio
02.20.2013 , 06:10 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Idejon View Post
I believe this is at least partially incorrect as the expansion explicitly raises the level cap to 55. The PTS does not have Makeb in it to presumably protect the story while allowing us to test the skill changes and other system changes. It is important to note that Makeb is the designated way to hit 55 (although it could be done another way). Currently on the PTS there is an auto level function to hit 55 which will not be live.
It was the impressive given to us when they advertised the expansion.

But I no longer think that is the case now after reading the news update from the dev.

It is up for interpretation but lv55 for all make sense from implementation and pvp balancing pov.

Quote:
Game Update 2.0 will be available for all players when it is released (Free-to-Play restrictions will still apply).

The Rise of the Hutt Cartel digital expansion (which contains the planet-based story content and more) will have a separate, closed beta process which will not appear on the Public Test Server.

TheSeventhJedi's Avatar


TheSeventhJedi
02.20.2013 , 06:14 PM | #18
Interesting. ^

Wonder when we get it? And where are my Cathar?

Estelindis's Avatar


Estelindis
02.20.2013 , 06:26 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
"Tumult has been removed from the game."
Yeah... did anyone ever use that? Aside from ***** and giggles?
...But I liked using Tumult for giggles. My sage wears Hoth social gear and uses a vibrosword so she looks like a barbarian, and that roundhouse kick looked so awesome every time she did it. I mean, sure, she didn't use it in operations or anything, but it was still nice to be able to do as a RP thing. This makes me sad.

I wonder why they've taken away the attack that every class can use again vulnerable targets of strong and below...

TheNahash's Avatar


TheNahash
02.20.2013 , 06:28 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
I wonder why they've taken away the attack that every class can use again vulnerable targets of strong and below...
Because it was useless.
(other than for ***** and giggles)