Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gree Event, why even teast us with weapons if we cant get them

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Gree Event, why even teast us with weapons if we cant get them

Knockerz
02.20.2013 , 12:50 PM | #11
Doesn't it also depend on how many alts you have?
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess

Cmdluke
02.20.2013 , 12:52 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Knockerz View Post
Doesn't it also depend on how many alts you have. I only need 660 more rep to reach the weekly max, but that's cause I been running 4 50's so far and I still need 1 more 50 I haven't started on yet. just started today on the event too.
I reached the cap by doing the dailies 5 days on my main and 1 day on my alt. so you can reach the cap perfectly fine with 1 character if you play every day.
"The Force is a Balance between the Light and the Dark" - Qun'aris Sunnrider
Jedi Consular Balance Sage

Akomo
02.20.2013 , 12:54 PM | #13
Sorry mate, bottom line is this- Earn it.By earning it ,youll need to login every day to do the quest chains to get the rewards.Its really simple philosophy that some folks dont comprehend.We are not giving it to you...period.

Threatening to unsub falls on deaf ears nowadays since the game is free.Just like the horde...errr folks wanted.

Im able to get everything in 2 weeks.No if's ,and's, or but's.

As a recurring event , get the gear you want next time if you miss out.
Super Muppet Extraordinaire!

paul_preib
02.20.2013 , 01:14 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
A couple of corrections. It will take 40,000 reputation to hit Champion

Rep. Rank
2500 Outsider
5000 Newcomer
7500 Friend
10000 Hero
15000 Champion
______

So you need to have done more than hit 12K each week. You need to maximize your reputation gain by using an artifact quality token at 12970. That puts you at 13410 rep for a week. Persons who have done that or close will make Champion next week.

Folks if you use 14 Green and 13 Blue tokens, that will put you at 11970 reputation and the 13410 if you thereafter use a purple. So maximize this week and next if you haven't already.
Actually if you haven't already there's not a whole lot of point to worrying about completely maximizing it. You only hit 40k in three weeks if you did it for all three, if you were at say 12600ish from week 1 (i.e. used blue instead of purple at the end) you'll come up about 400 rep short.
Cyperian -- Sorceror Cyterian-- Sentinel Cyrellian-- Trooper Cyprian-- Sage
Cylerian-- Scoundrel Kyrellian-- Sniper
Of the Bloodborne and Deargna-Fhuil Legacies

ZenomX
02.20.2013 , 04:40 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
A couple of corrections. It will take 40,000 reputation to hit Champion

Rep. Rank
2500 Outsider
5000 Newcomer
7500 Friend
10000 Hero
15000 Champion
______

So you need to have done more than hit 12K each week. You need to maximize your reputation gain by using an artifact quality token at 12970. That puts you at 13410 rep for a week. Persons who have done that or close will make Champion next week.

Folks if you use 14 Green and 13 Blue tokens, that will put you at 11970 reputation and the 13410 if you thereafter use a purple. So maximize this week and next if you haven't already.
Wrong.

Just save your extra rep tokens and hand them in after reset. The vendors will still be there even if the event is over. the gap between hero -> champion is 10k less rep then it took to get to hero. So its very easy to have enough rep tokens by the end of week 2.

AshlaBoga
02.20.2013 , 05:13 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by zenomx View Post
wrong.

Just save your extra rep tokens and hand them in after reset. The vendors will still be there even if the event is over. The gap between hero -> champion is 10k less rep then it took to get to hero. So its very easy to have enough rep tokens by the end of week 2.
exactly
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

RandomXChance
02.20.2013 , 05:31 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Planar View Post
So everything I read on the event is that it lasts from 2/12/2013 - 2/26/2013 (this coming Tuesday).

So if it goes like any other event once the event ends the missions AND the vendors will go poof on that Tuesday 2/26/2013
Besides being wrong in general, you started of entirely wrong. The vendors did stay for a short time after the previous events and it has been stated they will do so again. If you are going to go on a rant, at least start from an accurate position.

CommanderKeeva
02.20.2013 , 05:40 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by paul_preib View Post
Actually if you haven't already there's not a whole lot of point to worrying about completely maximizing it. You only hit 40k in three weeks if you did it for all three, if you were at say 12600ish from week 1 (i.e. used blue instead of purple at the end) you'll come up about 400 rep short.
Exactly, you can earn a total maximum of 40230 Rep in the time span of three weeks, if you calculate and plan out your progression extremely carefully.

Reaching Champion is only possible if you acquire exactly 13410 Rep each week (11970+1440), but only then even by a very small margin (230). But for that you had to have been planning your progression from day one, carefully calculating the optimal way to hit 11970.

Which means that a single rep token used at the wrong time will force you to wait a week. Which sounds a bit extreme to me anyway.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

SlimsPicken
02.20.2013 , 06:01 PM | #19
I treated it like a mini game.

Did my homework. Planned it all out.

And I shall reap the rewards of having my legacy sabers next week.

Theres always some system to use for these events, and with resources like Dulfy.net I dont see why people cant spend a few minutes reading and planning instead of the Devs having to make everything instant gratification so no one needs to actually think or plan anything.

Not planning only delays you getting this stuff, it doesnt make it impossible- theres no telling exactly when the event will come back, so you may need to wait a while, but you will still be able to get your legacy weapons.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

DarthLeeloo
02.20.2013 , 06:40 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimsPicken View Post
I treated it like a mini game.

Did my homework. Planned it all out.

And I shall reap the rewards of having my legacy sabers next week.

Theres always some system to use for these events, and with resources like Dulfy.net I dont see why people cant spend a few minutes reading and planning instead of the Devs having to make everything instant gratification so no one needs to actually think or plan anything.
It's not demanding instant gratification to be annoyed when you find out you'll come up short of champion in the 3rd week because you didn't perfectly plan out when to use your rep rewards. It's a valid reaction. 'Cause it's annoying.