Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stop forcing PVP on PVE servers

Morden
02.20.2013 , 03:57 PM | #1
I know, you don't have to participate in the PVP missions for the Gree event. However, with the limited amount of new content, I would like to be able to take advantage of all of it. There are players who just hang around the PVP area and attack other for NO REASON. I say no reason, because they do not get anything out of it, other than the satisfaction that they wasted someone else's time. They do not get rep; they do not get commendations. There is no reward, just grief. The fact that 95%+ players appear to play nice, and avoid PVP, should tell everyone something. They don't want to engage in useless PVP. They just want to enjoy the content.

There is also an imbalance, since most players are in PVE gear. Those in PVP gear have a significant advantage.

I have cancelled my subscription, and do not plan to renew it any time soon. This is not the first time this issue has been raised, but it apparently has fallen on deaf ears.
Star Cruiser Crash Crash

schnopsnosn
02.20.2013 , 04:01 PM | #2
Let's turn this the other way round:
Stop forcing PvE on PvP-players.

I am NOT a PvP-player, but your ridiculously small mindset ticks me off to be honest.

SWGEvictee
02.20.2013 , 04:57 PM | #3
Ok OP. So you say your quitin because you can't complete a PvP quest without other players engaging you in PvP. Well if you must. Have a good life, I doubt you'll be missed terribly.

AlrikFassbauer
02.21.2013 , 06:07 AM | #4
The current system is so that PvE players who do not want to play PvP can become flagged ANY TIME by PvP players who wish to play PvP - but never vice versa.

This is the idea of another community member how this can be changed :

Point 1 means that AOE damage should not affect "yellow" enemies - and thus PvE players - anymore.

Point 2 means that PvP flagging should run out after 5 minutes, if the flagged person didn't engage in any PvP action whatsoever.

Point 3 means that one can remove the unwanted PvP flagging by doing something that is against it, by mass healing, for example. That way, the own group could become "re-flagged" into "non-PvP again.

This would be a mirror of the current PvP flagging mechanic.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelremar View Post
Ich fass jetzt nochmal meine Vorschläge zusammen, für Redeyes:

Änderung 1: Flächenschaden wirkt nicht mehr auf Gelbe Gegner und damit auch nicht mehr auf andere Spieler solange man nicht markiert ist. (Man müsste sich im PvE nur daran gewöhnen neutrale Mobgruppen einmal vorher anzuschießen, damit sie aggressiv werden. Evtl könnte BioWare aber auch eine Erkennung einbauen, sodass Mobs durch Flächenschaden in der Nähe aggressiv werden und sie daher weiter Schaden nehmen.)

Änderung 2: Die automatische Markierung läuft immer und überall nach 5 Minuten aus, solange man nichts tut, was einen markieren würde.

Änderung 3: Man kann, wenn man selbst nicht markiert ist, die Markierung von Gruppenmitgliedern entfernen, indem man etwas tut (heilen, bewachen), das einen in einem PvP-Kampf markieren würde. Dies würde dazu führen, dass die ganze Gruppe nicht mehr angreifbar wäre und so die Wahrscheinlichkeit verschwindet, dass Feinde die Gruppe in einen PvP-Kampf verwickelt.
Sollte es doch zu einem PvP-Kampf führen, weil ein Gruppenmitglied einen anderen Spieler bewusst angreift, wird man weiterhin genauso markiert wie derzeit.

Das sollte alle derzeitigen Problem für PvEler beheben.
Und es sorgt dafür, dass PvEler und PvPler problemlos eine Gruppe bilden und PvE-Content machen können.
Und ich könnte mich endlich selbst wieder markieren ohne mir Sorgen machen zu müssen, dass es deswegen in der nächsten Gruppe wieder zu Problemen führt.

Brett_B
02.21.2013 , 06:38 AM | #5
I share in the concern of the original poster as this recent Gree event has opened doors for players to be annoying or flat out intrusive upon others' gameplay. As pointed out, an unwanted PvP flag may be nullified by 5 minutes of inaction in a rest area. I'd love a quicker option which, to prevent cheap escapes, would still not be overly convenient.

Why not be able to remove a PvP flag at a medical droid belonging to your faction? I've previously likened the PvP flag to a venereal disease - sometimes passed around inadvertently and tough to shake off. Just so that, in the time I've been waiting in a rest area, I could have already been back to the entrance of the section x heroic where the stealthers are likely still hiding.
~ The Harbinger ~
<The Sith Order> Vapula jugg 54, Azazyl sorc 55,
Aturono sin 40, Maarzen snpr 42,
Abbyzou sent 34... and others: raving altoholic.

xOxDarkyxOx
02.21.2013 , 06:44 AM | #6
Wait I just want to confirm... Does Expertise have no effect at all during Open World PVP (Such as on Ilum)? I was under the impression that the bonus did apply.

Kalfear
02.21.2013 , 06:47 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SWGEvictee View Post
Ok OP. So you say your quitin because you can't complete a PvP quest without other players engaging you in PvP. Well if you must. Have a good life, I doubt you'll be missed terribly.
What PVP quest?

Far as I seen there is NO PVP mechanics, rewards, elements in the 2 PVE content quests that just happen to take part in the PVP FFA area of Ilum.

Course I could be wrong so please do show me where you gain anything in those quests when you
-attack and kill another player
- get reward that is PVP focused
- anything at all (other then location) that promotes PVP in those 2 quests

Fact is OP is right, those two quests could be in PVE area and work exactly as they currently do, but with out the small minded gankng of the PKer mentality

I mean if EA put actual PVP objective quests in that area, then OP wouldnt have a leg to stand on

But they didnt.

Once again they broke a early promise that they would NEVER force PVE players into PVP situations.

And frankly its just sad you all need to prey on non PVPers to feel important.
Attack each other and quit insulting OP just cause he finds no enjoyment in the activity

OP is 100% right and those 2 quests should NOT take place in PVP FFA Area.
PVP FFA area should have PVP objective quests to complete
Kill this many other players
Have a base to defend or attack
multitude of creative PVP style objectives that get constantly over looked and ignored for Element of Least Resistances design yet again.
Housing brought me back
now add Paazaak, KotOR#1 swoop bike racing, and more flashpoints and planets

Alavastre
02.21.2013 , 07:24 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalfear View Post
What PVP quest?

Far as I seen there is NO PVP mechanics, rewards, elements in the 2 PVE content quests that just happen to take part in the PVP FFA area of Ilum.

Course I could be wrong so please do show me where you gain anything in those quests when you
-attack and kill another player
- get reward that is PVP focused
- anything at all (other then location) that promotes PVP in those 2 quests

Fact is OP is right, those two quests could be in PVE area and work exactly as they currently do, but with out the small minded gankng of the PKer mentality

I mean if EA put actual PVP objective quests in that area, then OP wouldnt have a leg to stand on

But they didnt.

Once again they broke a early promise that they would NEVER force PVE players into PVP situations.

And frankly its just sad you all need to prey on non PVPers to feel important.
Attack each other and quit insulting OP just cause he finds no enjoyment in the activity

OP is 100% right and those 2 quests should NOT take place in PVP FFA Area.
PVP FFA area should have PVP objective quests to complete
Kill this many other players
Have a base to defend or attack
multitude of creative PVP style objectives that get constantly over looked and ignored for Element of Least Resistances design yet again.
I don't know, but I think the dead give away is the "PVP" on the side of the quest for the PVP quests. Tell me if I'm wrong here.

You don't have to have a direct PVP quest to encourage PVP. Taking a node in an instanced PVP match isn't PVP, but you do it. Why? Because it encourages other people to take it from you and therefore PVP!

I wish natural selection was more prevalent in our society.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

AngusFTW
02.21.2013 , 07:26 AM | #9
Killing people like the op and hearing them whine on the forums + general is the funnest thing about the new ilum.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
55s.
Bleezar, Bleezár. Bleezlórd. Bleezard. Bleezford, Bleeznaut, Bleezfatt,
Lowbies
Bleezbian, Bleezguard, Bleezdian

vid
twitch

Morden
02.21.2013 , 09:41 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusFTW View Post
Killing people like the op and hearing them whine on the forums + general is the funnest thing about the new ilum.
It sounds like you take pleasure in the misery of others.

P.S. The game is just a game, but my time is my time. Its odd that if people are rude/mean in "real life" it is considered bad, but when it is in a game its considered "fun."
Star Cruiser Crash Crash