Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

wainot-keel
02.20.2013 , 03:55 PM | #1221
Quote: Originally Posted by Valdartak View Post
Imo, forget the 50%. Just fix it and let it go. Let everyone get used to the "real" repairs instead of taking the chance of messing it up even more and giving some more reasons to cry foul.

It all depends on communication. If a couple of weeks prior to Makeb's realease, they bring this up, that this 50% bonus will be off, then it won't be a problem.
Communication is a powerful tool.

slafko
02.20.2013 , 04:03 PM | #1222
This is all very nice but I won't be re-subbing anytime soon.

portichae
02.20.2013 , 04:18 PM | #1223
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback on the changes to repair costs introduced with Game Update 1.7. Upon review, we agree with you that repair costs did become too high with this latest Game Update. To that end, we will be making a change to how these repair costs are calculated, starting with our next scheduled maintenance. Repair costs will now be calculated based on the combined value of all the mods installed in the shell, excluding the value of the shell itself. Players will see a noticeable reduction immediately after the change goes in.

Additionally, wed like to apologize for the inconvenience that we introduced.

As a thank you for your patience during this time, we will also be reducing ALL repair costs by 50% once the aforementioned change goes in with the next scheduled maintenance. This will last all the way through until early access to Rise of the Hutt Cartel launches.

Your feedback is important to us, and we hope that this resolution alleviates the repair costs concerns. Thanks again for your patience.
Dear Mr. JovethGonzalez,

This is the type of honest and straightforward response customers want to receive. You acknowledged the problem, apologized to your customer and explained how the development team intend to resolve the issue.

Thank you,

Happy Customer
PvP Gear progression degrades competition.

Icestar
02.20.2013 , 05:03 PM | #1224
Good news

Graydon
02.20.2013 , 05:22 PM | #1225
Quote: Originally Posted by Valdartak View Post
Imo, forget the 50%. Just fix it and let it go. Let everyone get used to the "real" repairs instead of taking the chance of messing it up even more and giving some more reasons to cry foul.
This ^

It is a very nice gesture on BW's part. However, come this Spring (ROTHC release), most of the players will only see the repair prices as an increase and not an expiration of PR discount prices.

Graydon
02.20.2013 , 05:24 PM | #1226
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
It all depends on communication. If a couple of weeks prior to Makeb's realease, they bring this up, that this 50% bonus will be off, then it won't be a problem.
Communication is a powerful tool.
They wil post it.
They will sticky.
It will be ignored by the majority of players.

Thylbanus
02.20.2013 , 07:55 PM | #1227
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback on the changes to repair costs introduced with Game Update 1.7. Upon review, we agree with you that repair costs did become too high with this latest Game Update. To that end, we will be making a change to how these repair costs are calculated, starting with our next scheduled maintenance. Repair costs will now be calculated based on the combined value of all the mods installed in the shell, excluding the value of the shell itself. Players will see a noticeable reduction immediately after the change goes in.

Additionally, wed like to apologize for the inconvenience that we introduced.

As a thank you for your patience during this time, we will also be reducing ALL repair costs by 50% once the aforementioned change goes in with the next scheduled maintenance. This will last all the way through until early access to Rise of the Hutt Cartel launches.

Your feedback is important to us, and we hope that this resolution alleviates the repair costs concerns. Thanks again for your patience.
So, now you can't say they ignore us.

Thanks EA
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

BengerJedi
02.20.2013 , 08:29 PM | #1228
I must say how please I am at the prompt response to this problem. From all the previous frustrations with things not being addressed promplty, this is a good sign to see! Thank you and keep the fixes coming!
[IMG]http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv296/TheBengston/KitFisto-swrep-1.jpg Dei Zedak: Fist of the Jedi

Raiders
02.21.2013 , 01:17 AM | #1229
prompt answer ???
Well, 8 days.. that's not what I call a prompt answer.
They had a prompt answer regarding the problemthat they tried to fixe with 2 patches on the 3 days following the 1.7 release.
Even if they finally agree on the problem and made a nice commercial gesture, you cannot say it was a prompt answer. If you mixed all different thread which were about the "repair cost" problem , there were something like 180 / 200 pages, 1500 people who posted their opinions and 100 000 viewers...
If EA had taken the same decision at 10% of all those figures it would have beenana prompt answer and reaction..but after 8 days sorry it's not.

bokzter
02.21.2013 , 03:16 AM | #1230
I think they just took the time to analyse and verify the issue and formulate a sound solution.

I just want to say thanks