Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When to Solo Black Talon

Hyfy
02.20.2013 , 03:18 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by mothear View Post
If you are a ranged character it is easily soloable at 14, not sure about melee though.
Depends on how up on your gear you are. My PT tank with 2 +41 END crystals and a guild mate Sniper at 11 were doing it without companions.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

-Sirus-
02.20.2013 , 03:43 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by jgoldsack View Post
I was soloing BT at level 11.... but it is a lot easier if you have all the buffs and high presence for your companion.
My take was that this is OP's first character, but I may be wrong. It's much much harder to solo content when your character doesn't get sent crafted gear, credits to buy gear off the gtn, or have legacy perks.

Belecfaron
02.20.2013 , 03:51 PM | #13
Done level 10 as a Sniper using gear from Hutta. Sent the companions out on crafting missinos while doing it too. All you need is a ranged class that can put a Damage over Time (DoT) on the bosses and kite around the pillars. Hardest boss is the melee guy with the plasma probes; he requires creative pathing as the entire room wll probably be full of probes by the time he's finally killed.
Brynhildn Foehammer of Lord Adraas
Agent Carmichael Foehammer
Officer of the Sons of Numenor & Scions of Korriban

Blackavaar
02.20.2013 , 04:03 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Belecfaron View Post
Done level 10 as a Sniper using gear from Hutta. Sent the companions out on crafting missinos while doing it too. All you need is a ranged class that can put a Damage over Time (DoT) on the bosses and kite around the pillars. Hardest boss is the melee guy with the plasma probes; he requires creative pathing as the entire room wll probably be full of probes by the time he's finally killed.
Now that must have took some patience.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Phoenixbowman
02.20.2013 , 05:50 PM | #15
Thank you all for your kind help. Reading everyone's responses here have been helpful and at times, humorous (running it naked at level 50... ahahahahaaa.)

Today hasn't been the best day* and I really needed that humor so thank you. As to the advice about levels and ranged vs melee, I'm melee so I will wait until 16-17 to solo this as my Rage Sith Warrior. I like EXP but I am also doing it for the story as well. I'm used to WOW where their instances really didn't have a story; heck none of the quests really had a story. Frak it...WOW didn't have much of a story at all.

The instances have story; each class has a story. I know it ends eventually but it is still wonderful to experience the stories now. The stories for the Class, the instances, and even some of the stories for the side-quests. Even though they will end it's great to enjoy them now

Thank you all again.

* Just found out I may not meet a certain requirements(s) for something despite having worked my you-know-what off to meet said requirements. I'd rather not go into detail. I put this * to let you all know that getting beaten by that Jedi in Black Talon is NOT the reason why I'm having a bad day.

TheCrazyScot
02.20.2013 , 06:28 PM | #16
You should be soloing BT at level 10 easily. By 10 you should have social points already and be able to buy the first set of social gear if you don't already have any other moddable gear. Then just have all blue mods in there and you're good.

Belecfaron
02.20.2013 , 06:41 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCrazyScot View Post
You should be soloing BT at level 10 easily. By 10 you should have social points already and be able to buy the first set of social gear if you don't already have any other moddable gear. Then just have all blue mods in there and you're good.
Gear isn't so much a factor here so much as if you're range or melee, have a DoT and a huge amount of time to waste/want a challenge.

Most of the bosses in there are ranged or have mechanis that rely upon Line of Sight. Even the Smurf Jedi's wierd Force Pull/Cyclone of Doom and her Force Leap require Line of Sight to work. So long as you're able to break similar mechanics, abuse the AI, deal at least some damage at range and won't fall asleep during all this it's possible to do.

EDIT: new thought came to me- should be possible to take some of the bosses in there down solo regardless of if they hit the Enrage timers in HM. I don't recall any special mechanics that differ from normal on the HM version.
Brynhildn Foehammer of Lord Adraas
Agent Carmichael Foehammer
Officer of the Sons of Numenor & Scions of Korriban

Blackavaar
02.20.2013 , 06:57 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCrazyScot View Post
Pretty sure the OP is a new player and doesn't have a sugar daddy 50 to twink his character out too.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Phoenixbowman
02.20.2013 , 07:32 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Pretty sure the OP is a new player and doesn't have a sugar daddy 50 to twink his character out too.

I do not have a level 50 "sugar daddy". I did great at level 15 (had issues that Admiral Akbar type mini-boss) and got beaten by the end boss Jedi. Other than that I had no issues.

Update: I reached level 16 and the Black Talon quest is still Green. It looks like quests turn Gray when the character is 7 or more levels higher than the quest.