Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When to Solo Black Talon

Phoenixbowman
02.20.2013 , 02:18 PM | #1
I am a level 15 Sith Warrior (Rage) with Vette. I had issues with the halfway boss but beat him, Then got beaten by that Jedi twillek.*

I would love to come back and solo Black Talon at level 16 or 17 but I am concerned it will be Grayed out. How many levels can a player be above the Quest level before it grays out?

I was doing Black Talon at 15 because I figured when I hit 16 it would be grayed out. Because Black Talon shows as being level 10.

* Force Call or Heroic Force whatever is useless. The one with the 20 min cooldown. I used it but it did nothing to help.

Blackavaar
02.20.2013 , 02:29 PM | #2
At level 16 it will turn gray, but that doesn't mean you can't still run it. It's a great mission for building Companion affection and social points and there are a lot of kool modable armors and weapons that drop only from that Flashpoint. I've done solo runs through Black Talon as late as level 19. After that I mainly only do it for Social points which means gathering a group.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

mothear
02.20.2013 , 02:31 PM | #3
If you are a ranged character it is easily soloable at 14, not sure about melee though.

-Sirus-
02.20.2013 , 02:40 PM | #4
Not really meant to be soloed by people looking for exp. You can reenter the instance at any level, the diminishing returns on the exp just get worse and worse. I believe you still earn exp at 16 though if you want to give it another go.

Some things to check if you really want to try to solo this. Do you have an earpiece and headgear yet? These slots open up around your level. Make sure none of your gear pieces are too under level. Both tips apply to your companion as well. You can likely find cheap medpacks, stims, and maybe adrenals that might give you the extra push to clear it.

As an aside, heroic moment can close the difficulty gap when you're close to defeating something. It's not going to help you clear something It also gets better if you have other characters at level 50 in order unlock special abilities only usable when heroic moment is active.

jgoldsack
02.20.2013 , 02:46 PM | #5
I was soloing BT at level 11.... but it is a lot easier if you have all the buffs and high presence for your companion.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

Heezdedjim
02.20.2013 , 02:52 PM | #6
Just wait till 50. Then you can dump all your gear in the bank and run it naked.

HelinCarnate
02.20.2013 , 02:59 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by jgoldsack View Post
I was soloing BT at level 11.... but it is a lot easier if you have all the buffs and high presence for your companion.
Hehe, same here. Try for a group for a couple min and just solo it if no one bites. Having stupid high presence makes a huge difference at the low levels.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.

BJWyler
02.20.2013 , 03:01 PM | #8
Quests turn gray once you are 7 levels or more higher than them as I recall. However, that generally only affects the XP you get. Most flashpoints are soloable once you are 10 levels higher than the FP - at that point the damage done to you drops significantly. If you are a healer with a companion however, you generally can begin to solo sooner than that (but not by much).

BJ
Primus and Alpha on the PTS/Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

and our YouTube Channel for Gameplay footage and more

Storm-Cutter
02.20.2013 , 03:05 PM | #9
Black Talon / Esseles Solo are a rite of passage for all my characters once they get to about 16-20th level. . I love both for the social, but solo and you don't have to share the gear with anyone!

My guild loves to run flashpoints on level, or below level or even above. Any win is a victory, and the co-operative experience is a blast!

-Forget the XP, go for it and enjoy!
-Storm Cutter.

Hyfy
02.20.2013 , 03:14 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
At level 16 it will turn gray, but that doesn't mean you can't still run it. It's a great mission for building Companion affection and social points and there are a lot of kool modable armors and weapons that drop only from that Flashpoint. I've done solo runs through Black Talon as late as level 19. After that I mainly only do it for Social points which means gathering a group.

Especially from the bonus boss for a Jugg or PT you can get your orange Shield and Generator. Worth their weight in gold.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid