Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Biochem. Implants (Crit should give you 2 instead of an augment slot)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Biochem. Implants (Crit should give you 2 instead of an augment slot)

JnEricsonx
02.18.2013 , 03:36 AM | #11
And how do you get those, plus I guess its a RE pray that when you do, you get a schematic for it?

DarthBurton
02.18.2013 , 04:37 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JnEricsonx View Post
And how do you get those, plus I guess its a RE pray that when you do, you get a schematic for it?
Indeed. RE Armorings and Modifications, but they sell very well and to a high price. Due to the fact that you can earn molecular stabilizer through pvp, i don't even have to watch the prices for the most expensive crafting material on the GTN.

Right now, Cybertech offers Armorings, Modifications, Starship upgrades, HK-51 upgrades, grenades etc. That is far superior to any other profession, at least when you have the schematics.
Kinara - Sage Lv. 55 - Mídori - Sorcerer Lv. 55 - Dárya - Sage Lv. 55
Kíeran - Sentinel Lv. 55 - Sául - Juggernaut Lv. 49 - Natálya - Guardian Lv. 50
Ayaná - Vanguard Lv. 55 - Murdoҫk - Commando Lv. 51
Nakajima - Scoundrel Lv. 55 - Caitlín - Shadow Lv. 55

Katesguy
02.20.2013 , 10:11 AM | #13
You can earn stabs in PvP? How exactly? I dont PvP but will start if I can farm them.

Thundergulch
02.27.2013 , 11:28 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by khsolo View Post
anything below lvl50 is a waste of an augment slot cause noone will augment or use an augment for an implant while they are leveling
The majority of people wont' bother with augments while leveling, BUT, if I come across a piece of gear that has an aug slot already in it, I'll definitely slap an aug in there.

Himeji_Endless
02.27.2013 , 11:37 AM | #15
I've got a full set of 400 level crafters and definitely augment everything I can while leveling a new toon and appreciate the free augment slot on the crit implant ... I'll get orange gear for my toon early on and mk-5 slot it right away and craft augments when i can (blue level stuff) and when i get to 45+ ill spend the time to make purple earpieces, implants and hilts and augment everything, especially since i pvp a lot.

Just like other items that you can equip, i think that crits on implants should keep giving augment slots.

Möurnblade - Assassin <Lvl 55>
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bastion (from Ajunta Pall)

PaniMauser
02.27.2013 , 11:55 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Katesguy View Post
You can earn stabs in PvP? How exactly? I dont PvP but will start if I can farm them.
REing Warhero gear gives you those. And if you pvp all day long, you will be able to get tons of mats in short time. So right now pvpers can get dread guard lvl gear without ever touching pve. Some crafters even will craft for you for extra mats instead of credits, so you don't even really need to grind dailies for creds. They only downside will be the need to keep those ugly free tionese shells for set bonuses.

Asavrede
03.02.2013 , 09:11 AM | #17
I doubt the extra item when crit crafting was ever the intended mechanic. It's a bandaid solution because they didn't want to add the Mastercraft grade mods and such to the game yet. Since mods and armorings can't have augment slots, they had nowhere else to go.

Once mastercraft grade is added I think they'll do away with double-item crits - or at least I hope so. Would be a much more interesting way to get these items than the usual RE the grade below thing.