Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome to Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Welcome to Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CJnEw
02.18.2013 , 12:22 AM | #161
I already have 22 of these coms already, on 2 toons. Its not that hard to get them, just beat the SM and HM and U will be there in a flash!!
Advance || Turning-point | Ecnavda
<Hey im mvp>

Furballer
02.18.2013 , 02:50 AM | #162
Just returned, i do not pay, i do nothing.

You dumb guys could not fix the mass crashes, when you hit the Opponent wont receive dmg most times, stupid still stuns that take the game experience/fun. Youre Kids?

No Auto attack, just stupid global cd....give me back the SWG egoshooter style. You took it so you get it back !!!

PS: Tell them to set pvp dmg to -25% again or it will end like this here.

Sry Folks to bother you at your discussion about...whatever.

Pompeia
02.18.2013 , 03:52 AM | #163
After grinding the Gree event non stop for almost a week, today I realised the reputation items have level requirements. Lvl 45 for the suits, and lvl 50 for the weapons. I was grinding to get some nice looking stuff for my low lvl alts - my work in progress agent is lvl 38, the rest is around 15 to 25. My 2 mains that are 50 already have their matching gear, though those weapons will serve them well, they didnt need to be legacy for that.

What was the reason behind the lvl restrictions?
Specialy since in this Illum area you have that same lvl buff as in warzones for lower lvls?
Was hoping to get something mean looking for my dark side jedi, but still havent found his matching set :/

Eillack
02.18.2013 , 10:54 AM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by Pompeia View Post
After grinding the Gree event non stop for almost a week, today I realised the reputation items have level requirements. Lvl 45 for the suits, and lvl 50 for the weapons. I was grinding to get some nice looking stuff for my low lvl alts - my work in progress agent is lvl 38, the rest is around 15 to 25. My 2 mains that are 50 already have their matching gear, though those weapons will serve them well, they didnt need to be legacy for that.

Specialy since in this Illum area you have that same lvl buff as in warzones for lower lvls?
Was hoping to get something mean looking for my dark side jedi, but still havent found his matching set :/
It goes with the levels you need to get to Ilum...
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

BobaTheElite
02.18.2013 , 11:04 AM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by Bugattiboy View Post
A PvE event in a PvP area? Seems legit.
Maybe it's a PvP event with some PvE content? I mean this is located on illum right? a PvP zone?

I guess my biggest issue with the event is the reputation cap. It's not even possible to get a helix weapon before the event ends. I know they said the event will be coming back, but if you put the work in for the reward why make the player wait until the next event to get it. Imo this is a big turn off.

I mean if there was real rep rewards I could possible understand more, but it really feels like the rewards are simply re-skinned social items. Voss rep reward is the exact same as the social items, but a different color..

Please considering not only adding a lot more items to these venders, but maybe even some things that players will benefit from other than a re-skinned armor set.. with no states.

Anyone else feel this way?
-Drizit: The Most Devious Killer in the Galaxy.

manchusabre
02.18.2013 , 05:12 PM | #166
They should add a 2 week sub option. Then I can come back and actually get the weapons when the gree return whenever that may be.

sithvorn
02.18.2013 , 06:21 PM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by Pompeia View Post

This. I was all excited for the new reputation system. I see a lot of potential for it in the future. Reputation gear is like social gear. Maybe there's a look out there I want to put on my character ... but when I saw that the reputation gear all has a high-level requirement, I lost the drive to work on this. I'd rather the adaptive armor be something I could give an alt to wear while leveling that replace the sets I've already worked on for my 50s.

And a weekly cap seems real odd when none of the rewards have any intrinsic value. Maybe an artificial gating system makes sense when the gear has stats or can unbalance something in some way, but since all the rewards are purely cosmetic in nature... Isn't it my time to spend (or ignore) as I see fit?

What I'd really like to see if a developer blog about future plans for this new system. I'm a little underwhelmed at the moment. All previous events have had rewards that mattered and could be shared with new toons in the legacy.
The Shadowlands

neotany
02.19.2013 , 06:42 PM | #168
stop crying about class specs. Bubble stun and smash both require skill to use, why don't you either one play a sorc and spec to use stun bubbles too, or spec a jugg or marauder with damage bonuses to smash or start crying about how all the classes are better than yours and you just don't get pvp. all classes have multiple stuns if you know how to use them and build them properly. i'm sick and tired of hearing pvp noobs cry about other classes.

Quote: Originally Posted by tekhiun View Post
This is ridiculous another patch where bubble stun and smash get ignored. No communication at all from the devs regarding when they plan to fix those issues.

This game is a betrayal to the KOTOR name and all devs should be ashamed of working in a game that disrespects the entire pvp community.

All we want is a quick fix, no major changes no new skills just make pvp tolerable to play again and yet you remain silent as to when those changes will be made OR if they will be made at all.

This patch is a complete lack of respect towards paying costumers

Raansu
02.19.2013 , 10:03 PM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by neotany View Post
stop crying about class specs. Bubble stun and smash both require skill to use, why don't you either one play a sorc and spec to use stun bubbles too, or spec a jugg or marauder with damage bonuses to smash or start crying about how all the classes are better than yours and you just don't get pvp. all classes have multiple stuns if you know how to use them and build them properly. i'm sick and tired of hearing pvp noobs cry about other classes.
Because warzones are totally compromised of nothing but 1v1 situations right? Putting a bubble stun on an entire raid group that can all pop the bubble for 3 seconds stuns, a stun that requires 5 bubbles to fill resolve does not take skill. I play focus because bubble stun is OP, and bubble stunners play bubble spec because smash is OP. When I can leap in, pop zen, awe the group and then smash and hit 5 people for 6k-7k...ya that spec is stupid. Both spec's needs to be altered in some way. Personally the best way to nerf smash imo is change singularity from a buff on the warrior to a debuff on the player. That way the spec retains its burst but it's more single target then aoe. The person with the debuff gets hit for the burst and the rest of the aoe damage is just the normal crit without the bonuses so it would proably hit for 2k-3k, maybe 4k depending on the gear.

Endek
02.20.2013 , 01:31 AM | #170
The Gree Weekly Reputation Cap.

I am really, really challenge driven and was determined to achieve the highest Gree Reputation that I could and managed to hit the first weekly cap in around 1 day.... which was great, but seemed strange to me that a weekly reputation cap is actually beneficial to any player?

So having maxed out my weekly reputation cap early last week, my initial challenge to achieve at least Hero reputation was on hold, but I continued to put my toons through the event and build up Gree Reputation Trophies to comvert to Gree Reputation as soon as the 2nd weekly cap became available, which is today.... So I popped a few of my collected Gree Reputation Trophies and now I have maxed out this weekly cap which is Friend Reputation without even puting a foot on Ilum

So I guess I am feeling a bit down in the dumps that my challenge can not be completed due to the weekly reputation cap, which for me, is now locked at Friend level for another week or if the plug is pulled on the event this week, I will have to wait until the event returns to continue my challenge ... but in my mind, waiting on an unknown return or end date for the event doesn't work well with setting goals, objectives or completing a challenge.

Any idea of when the event will return as I am not keen on stockpiling my Reputation Trophies, just like I stockpiled my Rakghoul DNA commendations from the Rakgoul World Event in April 2012 that came, went and hasn't returned.

Now that would be nice, bring back the Rakghoul World Event as well as I am sure a few of the newer players would enjoy that one
Endek
Server:- Dxun Battle Circle