Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Slicing] Nerf to Slicing Missions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Slicing] Nerf to Slicing Missions?

Grayseven
02.17.2013 , 08:50 PM | #1
I run slicing missions for augment components and lock boxes alike hoping for Mission Discoveries and Ship schematics and since 1.7 have noticed a decrease in returns on all of these missions.

Credit-wise, if I run a grayed out mission (Tier 5 or below) it tends to returned gray credit cases that pay out less than the mission cost and I've yet to see a critical return.

Tier 6's tend to return Green credit cases and the critical hits seem lower than previously.

Is this an intended change or am I the only one seeing these?
Sometimes you narfle the Garthok, sometimes the Garthok narfles you.

NotRonin
02.17.2013 , 11:17 PM | #2
Been running slicing missions as well, don't seem to differ from pre 1.7. It is most likely just an unlucky streak.

Slicksteezin
02.17.2013 , 11:45 PM | #3
I have not noticed anything unusual post - 1.7, however i will agree with the person above me that i often notice mission successes to come and go in streaks. Some days ill get nothing, some days ill get a **** ton.

Athena-Nike
02.18.2013 , 12:29 AM | #4
I actually get far better returns lockbox wise on grade 5 missions then 6. I send the same group of comps out with the same ones doing the same level (my maxed out comps doing 6, my ignored ones doing 5s) and I get the blue lockboxes from level 5 missions a couple times a day and never from level 6. However I get missions/schematics almost exclusively from 6's

Haven't really seen a drop off though, about the same rate as usual for me

DataBeaver
02.18.2013 , 07:01 AM | #5
If anything I'm getting more credits from the grade 6 lockboxes since 1.7. Haven't tried lower grades.

Khevar
02.18.2013 , 03:10 PM | #6
I have four level 50 slicers that I send out on grade 6 lockbox missions and grade 5 rich lockbox missions.

In the past two weeks, having run 93 lockbox missions, I've obtained 8 crafting mission crits, only one of which was a 340 UT mission (the kind I need the most). All the companions are at 10,000 affection.

Oddly enough, I've noticed that over the same 2 weeks, the price of Mandalorian Iron on the GTN has gone from ~11k up to ~18k, and the 340 UT missions have gone from ~40k to ~70k probably due to lack of supply driving prices up.

That said, when I compared notes to two other crafters in my guild, they haven't had any troubles getting Mando Iron, though they weren't keeping a precise record of results.

SalBasss
02.18.2013 , 03:24 PM | #7
I haven't noticed any difference. I'll go 2 days without anything, and then I'll log in and have 3 out of 3 crits with UT, Diplomacy and Slicing missions.

The rest of the time is business as usual - crits seem to be happening the same average frequency.

skomerko
02.19.2013 , 01:40 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Grayseven View Post
Is this an intended change or am I the only one seeing these?
Hmm, i noticed something. Before patch 1.7 i received more purple gifts + mandalorian iron from Underworld Trading. Crafting missions or gtn also went high(around 50k, before 40). But maybe it's just my luck