Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need help figuring out what button keeps making me walk backwards on its own

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Need help figuring out what button keeps making me walk backwards on its own
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kniite
02.18.2013 , 02:16 PM | #1
Hey all, so I recently returned to SWTOR and im friggin loving it. My only problem is, and this happened to me back before I quit last year. While im pvping, im not sure if its a keybind i have or what, but my character just starts moving backwards on its own and he wont stop until I press S and nothing else. Its annoying because it happens multiple times a warzone and it can mess me up big time in the wrong situation. So yeah, what button is making me do this so i can unbind it forever?

Cortesh
02.18.2013 , 03:49 PM | #2
You won't like my answer.. but it's your keyboard

I used to have this.. and there was a problem with my old keyboard. Reinstalling it in a new port resolved the problem, but it was annoying to me also

kniite
02.18.2013 , 04:31 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Cortesh View Post
You won't like my answer.. but it's your keyboard

I used to have this.. and there was a problem with my old keyboard. Reinstalling it in a new port resolved the problem, but it was annoying to me also
i have a laptop so it cant be the keyboard, ive also played other MMOs and never had this problem either. The keyboard was actually replaced recently its basically brand new and it was happening with the old one too

kniite
02.18.2013 , 05:01 PM | #4
i really need an anaswer for this because its happening alot now

oblate_medic
02.18.2013 , 05:10 PM | #5
It isn't your keyboard, from what I can tell. This has happened to me on all 4 of my computers, so I doubt it highly that it is a "keyboard" issue. I have yet to find anything in common with the different systems. I have however found a "workaround" - open up your preferences, go to keybindings, apply a keybind (I use the cover one), hit apply, and then you can either exit and hope it does not hit again for a while, or click default and reset everything so it is ready to go the next time it happens. That has been the only solution I have found and I have yet to get any response on any of the tickets I have put in on it. And I have put one in on all of my alts.
GM: The Lost Soul Searchers (Republic) /GM: Driven to Conquer (Empire)

kniite
02.18.2013 , 06:08 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by oblate_medic View Post
It isn't your keyboard, from what I can tell. This has happened to me on all 4 of my computers, so I doubt it highly that it is a "keyboard" issue. I have yet to find anything in common with the different systems. I have however found a "workaround" - open up your preferences, go to keybindings, apply a keybind (I use the cover one), hit apply, and then you can either exit and hope it does not hit again for a while, or click default and reset everything so it is ready to go the next time it happens. That has been the only solution I have found and I have yet to get any response on any of the tickets I have put in on it. And I have put one in on all of my alts.
yeah idk ive tried that im not sure what it could be, i really hope i get an answer. I am going to keep bumping the post until i get a fix or an official response so will cross my fingers

kniite
02.19.2013 , 02:30 AM | #7
bumpp

OldmanGrandpa
02.19.2013 , 02:35 AM | #8
Hopefully you recieve an answer about this perhaps than it can explain why instead of walking backwards I just start spinning, mostly in warzones but the only way to get it to stop is logging out unless I want to hold my D button down.

kniite
02.22.2013 , 11:48 PM | #9
bump because this needs to be addressed

kniite
02.23.2013 , 03:22 PM | #10
bump.