Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

60k repair bill!

Mercurial_Harpy
02.17.2013 , 10:06 AM | #21
If the guy wants to vote with his wallet, more power to him. Bioware could have avoided this whole fiasco with:

1. QA testing, or at the very least
2. Better communication to the players.

Such as, "We here at Bioware noticed X, therefore we implemented Y and will be monitoring the change, etc."

I get that some players are fine with the change. Hundreds are not, and if Bioware chooses not to address that, they'll be losing subs at they rate they were last March/April. Totally in their hands.

~The Argost Legacy~

~Jedi Covenant~

LohKey
02.17.2013 , 10:09 AM | #22
I had a $60k repair bill yesterday also,

WORKING AS INTENDED

Solution: If you wipe once DON'T TRY AGAIN! BW doesn't care about your repair bill, so stop taking chances because you will waste hours trying to make enough credits to repair your armor. You're not a hero, and you're not made of money so stop acting like it!
Pawning your Jedi Like A *** *** girl scout ***** *** ******* in your moms ****** *****!!
BH since 2004!
CE

Trollokdamus
02.17.2013 , 10:15 AM | #23
I guess there always will be people who find whatever decision BW makes being acceptable for them. What i don't understand is, why do they feel the need to step in every thread created by those who has a different opinion and bash them? It's fine that you guys find this recent repair cost change suitable to you, but why do you have to convince those who thinks differently that they are bads and how they feel is wrong?
I undertand that seeing complaining, especially on massive scale, may sometimes be annoying to you, but isn't it better to just avoid these threads so you don't annoy them and yourself even more?
Be mature and show a bit more tolerance towards other people's opinion and emotons please.

AshlaBoga
02.17.2013 , 10:24 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by LohKey View Post
I had a $60k repair bill yesterday also,

WORKING AS INTENDED

Solution: If you wipe once DON'T TRY AGAIN! BW doesn't care about your repair bill, so stop taking chances because you will waste hours trying to make enough credits to repair your armor. You're not a hero, and you're not made of money so stop acting like it!
LohKey have you tried learning how to play the game? I can teach you how to use your class better if you'd like, free of charge
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

LordSkyKnight
02.17.2013 , 10:29 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
I guess there always will be people who find whatever decision BW makes being acceptable for them. What i don't understand is, why do they feel the need to step in every thread created by those who has a different opinion and bash them? It's fine that you guys find this recent repair cost change suitable to you, but why do you have to convince those who thinks differently that they are bads and how they feel is wrong?
I undertand that seeing complaining, especially on massive scale, may sometimes be annoying to you, but isn't it better to just avoid these threads so you don't annoy them and yourself even more?
Be mature and show a bit more tolerance towards other people's opinion and emotons please.
This is a good point. There sure are a lot of little turds floating around in this thread. Have a little more empathy and stop acting like little punks. Bioware could have came out and discussed this option before they put it in the game. I think the CIA has less secrets than this company does with their patches.

If some of you love doing dailies like the little lemmings that you are, more power to you. Not everyone likes grinding them out everyday just to be able to raid in the game.
Soon (™)

I love the people who say they don't take the game too seriously but post on the forum from sunup to sundown.

LohKey
02.17.2013 , 10:32 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
LohKey have you tried learning how to play the game? I can teach you how to use your class better if you'd like, free of charge
Please enlighten me, I was dong a 16m HM in full BH tank gear, how can you be helpful?
Pawning your Jedi Like A *** *** girl scout ***** *** ******* in your moms ****** *****!!
BH since 2004!
CE

Merwanor
02.17.2013 , 10:34 AM | #27
An increase in repair costs, means that credits has increased in value. And what is the best way to get credits in the game? You buy stuff of the CM, and resell it in-game, which is a pretty devious thing to do to get more people to pay for stuff on the CM, but business is business I guess.
The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.

mothear
02.17.2013 , 10:36 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
I had to laugh at this. There are many things I dislike about this game, but some I really like so I continue paying, we are not all Biodrones as many people suggest.

As for bashing people many have offered suggestions just to be told they are idiots and it is my way (cheaper repairs) or the highway. Perhaps it is because SWTOR is aimed less at the MMO crowd and more at RPG fans.

I don't have to convince anyone that they are wrong, or bad, but I have every right to call people out who make up statistics and shout because they are not happy. If we do not answer these points BW may well think this is a hugh issue, which in my opinion it isn't, and waste time reversing the change instead of getting on with more important aspects of the game

Your last sentence is the humdinger. The only people here hurling insults like incompetent and just after your post 'little punks' and lemmings is, oh yes, the complainers.

AshlaBoga
02.17.2013 , 10:48 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Halacs View Post
In 45 mins you can do both Ilum (old not event) and BH Daily, skipping heroics and net 100-150k depending on drops. Add 15 mins more for heroics on both.

For the record I do not like the increase in cost but saying stuff like "get a job" is kinda silly.

Agreed. I can get about 60k in 40 minutes doing dailies: 1.5k/minute.

Now the issues was a 60k repair bill correct?

So that's 40 minutes of dailies.

Is that really too much?
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

JustTed
02.17.2013 , 10:50 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Halacs View Post
In 45 mins you can do both Ilum (old not event) and BH Daily, skipping heroics and net 100-150k depending on drops. Add 15 mins more for heroics on both.
45-60 minutes might be all the time working people have to play per day. You need to re-read this thread. You've completely missed the point.

Quote:
For the record I do not like the increase in cost but saying stuff like "get a job" is kinda silly.
Because you've completely missed the point. "Do more dailies" is the silly statement in this thread, made exclusively by people without lives and careers.