Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Gear?

Looka
02.15.2013 , 10:38 PM | #1
I'm going to level my sage, I see the Consular's Inheritance Lightsaber which is unmoddable and has a rating of 50.. it requires level 14 but on the GTN there are items that are rating 50 at 17...

I'm confused, are there new legacy items or something because these don't even seem like they're worth the item slot they're taking up in my cargo hold.

Cirinia
02.16.2013 , 06:58 AM | #2
Inheritance is for lvl 14-16 if I recall well.
Birthright is for ~lvl 32.

Just save up those kits and eventualy u might get one set for new character.

There is also class specific legacy gear (custom orange) which is tradeable within legacy so You can fill it up with mods and then send to other alt which is very usefull later in game.

Bida
02.16.2013 , 08:33 AM | #3
Birthrite and Inheritance gear is powerful for its level. I believe it says so in their tooltip.

Looka
02.16.2013 , 11:02 AM | #4
I know what it SAYS but I'm asking why if it's powerful it's only a rating 50 item that lasts 2-3 levels

WaldoA
02.16.2013 , 11:18 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Looka View Post
I know what it SAYS but I'm asking why if it's powerful it's only a rating 50 item that lasts 2-3 levels
It's purely just to help start your new char if you decide to make one. Why it's for level 14 is anyone's guess.

criminalheretic
02.16.2013 , 12:39 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by WaldoA View Post
It's purely just to help start your new char if you decide to make one. Why it's for level 14 is anyone's guess.
^ This. It's not meant to be the weapon your toon will use till 50, but it will be more powerful than anything you can buy/mod for those 3 levels.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

Skodan
02.16.2013 , 04:40 PM | #7
the gear will be equivalent to quest reward gear of level 20 quests. if you like to buy mods or craft them then yes it will be quicker, but if you only used loot/quest rewards then it is worthwhile
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Strainge
02.17.2013 , 03:47 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Looka View Post
Because it's for level 14, not 17. While leveling from 1-50, what's uber powerful at 1 level will not be so shiny in 3-5 levels. You get the inheritance mainhand by just completing Act I. It's just a small gift you get to give to an alt to make a few early levels a bit easier. And if you ever roll the same class again, then you can pass it down. Do endgame if you want the top gear that will be the best for at least a few months.