Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Light sided Sith

DavidMouse
02.14.2013 , 08:56 AM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by Ugrah View Post
What is the point in having LSPs when being sith? I understand bounty hunters and agents, these guys could go any way. But the ultimate purpose of the one being Sith is to gain power by any means necessary.
That's the view of the Sith Order, but not necessarily every single Sith. Light side Sith would oppose it.

DavidMouse
02.14.2013 , 09:02 AM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthPunitor View Post
Exactly, but he cant access the higher tiers of power from being pure light side or pure darkside, thereby limiting himself to mediocre power.
Why couldn't he access the higher level light side powers? Or discover new and unique abilities of his own?

_biddan_
02.14.2013 , 12:01 PM | #163
you dark siders make me laugh,you never think about the future of the empire,only about your own power,that's what's destroying our great organization,not the war,not the republic,but the dark side.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

jovianus
02.14.2013 , 01:45 PM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by Surinen View Post
my characters have no interest in light sided options, these are mostly irrational and driven by a "moral" weakness. honor is just another word that people throw to put delusional restrictions on themselves - there is only goal and there is no mercy. also, it shoukd never be used together "light sided" and Sith as Sith cannot be a lightsider in a different than formal way.
Do you actually read the dialogue options or do you just look for the DS symbol and click? Because in my experience, especially when it comes to the Force User storylines, LS and DS choices tend to be incredibly simplistic and have nothing really to do with the end goals.

Sith DS choices tend to be less about ruthless quests for power and more 'lol I'm a psychopath, I'll get around to conquering the Empire after I go out of my way to set that puppy on fire and kick it around for a while.'. Similarly Jedi seem to be perfectly okay with the Republic going down in flames, as long as they can stand on the burning wreckage and give a longwinded speech about the Jedi Code and resisting the temptation of the Dark Side.

From what I've seen, Smugglers seem to be the only ones who can get away with pure LS/DS paths while still being believable characters/not being reduced to caricatures.

Sinapus
02.15.2013 , 02:01 AM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by jovianus View Post
Do you actually read the dialogue options or do you just look for the DS symbol and click? Because in my experience, especially when it comes to the Force User storylines, LS and DS choices tend to be incredibly simplistic and have nothing really to do with the end goals.

Sith DS choices tend to be less about ruthless quests for power and more 'lol I'm a psychopath, I'll get around to conquering the Empire after I go out of my way to set that puppy on fire and kick it around for a while.'. Similarly Jedi seem to be perfectly okay with the Republic going down in flames, as long as they can stand on the burning wreckage and give a longwinded speech about the Jedi Code and resisting the temptation of the Dark Side.
Some of the Republic-side quests (haven't played a Sith yet, but I guess I can comment on the Republic quests' LS/DS points) do seem to presume LS involves letting the Republic get weakened. One of the quests is trying to bring down a Senator who's getting very friendly with the Empire and trying to break the Republic's relations with the Jedi Order. So... you get DS points if you stick with the plan to have him ruined... Fine, likely due to the underhanded methods you have to use, I guess.

Some of the other DS options seem similar to the ones you describe for the Sith: E.g., being a psychopath and killing for the lulz. Others are more for greed or just power, though the LS choice isn't always a bad idea either. (There's one where you can let your toon be taken prisoner to free hostages.... and a number of the hostages arm themselves and come rescue your toon. I found that one cool.)

Quote:
From what I've seen, Smugglers seem to be the only ones who can get away with pure LS/DS paths while still being believable characters/not being reduced to caricatures.
Hm. Yeah. The smuggler DS choices seems to be aimed at spreading fear/intimidation or keeping loose ends from causing problems, while the LS choices are for, hm, building a network, perhaps. Either will work, I guess. Perhaps it's trying to be a bit Machiavellian: To be Feared or Loved, though I'll have to continue playing to see if it also involves taking steps to make sure you're never Hated.
"You have no right to pass judgement on me!" "By your own actions, you appear to believe that might makes right." "I don't like where this is going." "Oh, good. I was hoping you wouldn't."
-Schlock Mercenary

Surinen
02.15.2013 , 10:53 AM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by jovianus View Post

I do not have DS symbol visible so I'm unable to search for it. Considering that highly functioning psychopaths with big intellectual potential are apex predators and superior to any other men then I do not have a problem with my Sith obliterating those who posses lesser power/are meaningless. also I do not really remember quests like that, everything that is connected with DS can be explained with strategic and tactic thinking. I fully understand that currently it is vastly popular among weak people to advertise their soft ways as "smart" and profitable "in the long run" but a lot of these LS choices are simply bad, time waste and risk outweights possible profits ( considering how unimportant some people we kill are ). DS is self/empire serving with pragmatic approach - and there cannot be LS Sith in other form than formal as Sith presented on list of existing Sith. to be a Sith one needs to consume light
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

Prysha
02.16.2013 , 03:17 AM | #167
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!

Zardac_the_Great
02.16.2013 , 04:34 PM | #168
Cake is a lie, there is only pudding.
Through pudding, I gain calories.
Through calories, I gain weight.
Through weight, I gain girth.
Through girth, my belt is broken.
Dessert shall free me.

See? I can put down mumbo jumbo too. Now let's try to make sense.

In my experience with the sith game (41 assassin, 14 warrior, 12 bounty hunter, 20 agent), dark side choices are all either murder, cruelty, or selfishness. Tried to go dark with my sniper, but I just can't make it fit with someone raised from birth to live and die for the Empire. As light side choices seem to all be either mercy or putting the needs of the Empire before your own desires, my sniper has gone fairly light.

cocoalitereturns
02.16.2013 , 09:45 PM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by amnie View Post
my LS sith warrior is definitely out to sabotage the empire. he does think the jedi are weak-minded fools, but he thinks the siths as a whole are just as stupid. he'd just like to become emperor himself and then be a bit more 'reasonable'.
he also loves being cocky, has killed a traitor or two, and likes to slap people around.

he's bloody insane.
Yep that's my LS marauder too! She only picks LS choices because I thought that'd be truly evil and would screw over the empire side the most. There was a brief time she relapsed but she's straight LS now. It's also why I have a jedi consular who's a complete psychopath. And throws rocks at people.

LS choices are kinda annoying though. I feel like now I'm more into the game I'm usually sucking up to people or apologizing to people and my character always sounds like a wimp. The sacrifices I make to betray the Empire..

Jermuu
02.28.2013 , 12:54 PM | #170
Do you know any light side sith guides?