Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Never Played SWTOR - Why All The Hate?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Never Played SWTOR - Why All The Hate?

Alphasgimaone
02.15.2013 , 02:10 PM | #21
Hand someone a silver platter stacked with gold bricks, and he will find a reason to complain.

Not saying SWTOR is silver and gold, but you get the idea.
SWTOR PvP: now running on the Ellipsis engine.

Stackmonkey
02.15.2013 , 03:52 PM | #22
THis game is great.
Cornflakes!!! Oh Yes, Cornflakes!

psandak
02.15.2013 , 04:04 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Alphasgimaone View Post
Hand someone a silver platter stacked with gold bricks, and he will find a reason to complain.
"it's too heavy, I can't lift it."

Cleet_Xia
02.15.2013 , 04:30 PM | #24
^^^^
EXACTLY - - this dude gets it!!
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

Cleet_Xia
02.15.2013 , 04:48 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Or you won't see anything to complain about at all. There are a lot of complaints about things most players will never see. It's like some players go out of their way to find something wrong and then gripe about it.
You left off the part where they come to the forums and exaggerate about how irritating their particular problem is, how many players it effects, and how they're not going to play or pay until the problem is fixed.

Everybody wants their problem fixed first !!

The complaints almost always boil down to just a few things.
1) Players not wanting to put the effort and time into playing enough to earn the best rewards in the game.
2) weird performance issues caused by strained computer hardware with a hard drive full of crud installed on it.
3) weird performance issues caused by Uber 7334 gaming systems that are a mess of poorly configured obscure hardware and not worth the money spent while assembling them. (has to be BW/ can't be my sooper system ~ I A IT JEENIEUS)
3) BW not implementing features than only a tiny fraction of the player base would actually get any use out of.

The truth is, they're here foruming so their carpal tunnel can cool off............because the game is a whole lot of fun.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

psandak
02.15.2013 , 04:56 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Cleet_Xia View Post
You left off the part where they come to the forums and exaggerate about how irritating their particular problem is, how many players it effects, and how they're not going to play or pay until the problem is fixed.

Everybody wants their problem fixed first !!

The complaints almost always boil down to just a few things.
1) Players not wanting to put the effort and time into playing enough to earn the best rewards in the game.
2) weird performance issues caused by strained computer hardware with a hard drive full of crud installed on it.
3) weird performance issues caused by Uber 7334 gaming systems that are a mess of poorly configured obscure hardware and not worth the money spent while assembling them. (has to be BW/ can't be my sooper system ~ I A IT JEENIEUS)
3) BW not implementing features than only a tiny fraction of the player base would actually get any use out of.

The truth is, they're here foruming so their carpal tunnel can cool off............because the game is a whole lot of fun.
+1

E_David_A
02.15.2013 , 05:31 PM | #27
Why all the hate? Simply thus:
There is a misbegotten breed of wretches who are deluded in thinking that the highest form of true culture is found in never appreciating anything. These people are so terrified of not seeming refined and "in-the-know," that to express an opinion that is not a criticism is their highest point of vulnerability. You may have had the misfortune of dining with such a creature... every aspect of the meal and service is criticized and picked apart so that not a person at the table can enjoy themselves. They WILL send the steak back three times and then insist on short-changing on the tip, as though the poor waitress had anything to do with preparing their food. They are unhappy, have no confidence and will only try to convince themselves that everyone around them feels as they do by sounding their vitriolic opinions like an unceasing gong.
Once I mark these people I will not eat with them, not when it means rudeness and incivility to all around.

phalczen
02.15.2013 , 05:36 PM | #28
I don't think the game has any more (or less) problems than most MMORPGs. The Secret World was supposed to be "the death" of SWTOR and it hasn't been. Those who adore WoW may attack SWTOR because its not WoW-like enough, but WoW is what, 9 years older? Those who despise WoW may hate SWTOR for what it adapts from that game, but I don't blame EA for adapting proven strategies.

However, I do opine that you probably won't stay if you aren't in love with the Star Wars franchise. I don't believe that SWTOR offers much more mechanistically above other games in the genre other than its IP. There are some people who stand by this game because of its original makers, but the majority of die hard defenders are so because its the only true, legal, Star Wars MMORPG out there.

Alphasgimaone
02.15.2013 , 05:46 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
Those who adore WoW may attack SWTOR because its not WoW-like enough,
Only on the even days. On the odd days they complain it's too much like WoW.
SWTOR PvP: now running on the Ellipsis engine.

Radzkie
02.16.2013 , 12:10 AM | #30
I'm so addicted to this game it's not even funny.

I don't like how some parts of the game works, or all the changes the devs make, but that doesn't mean I hate the game. I think people mix feedback up for hate sometimes.