Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Is this the last Star Wars MMO?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Is this the last Star Wars MMO?

psandak's Avatar


psandak
02.11.2013 , 05:17 PM | #11
I think it will be the last SW MMO, but only because SWTOR will either last a VERY long time or the new movies will fail miserably and kill the franchise.

LordRaeth's Avatar


LordRaeth
02.11.2013 , 05:22 PM | #12
Found this from gamebreaker, where they actually considered disney making an mmo.

I find the idea of a sandbox mmo based on star wars to be so enticing.

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
02.11.2013 , 06:31 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by LordRaeth View Post
Found this from gamebreaker, where they actually considered disney making an mmo.

I find the idea of a sandbox mmo based on star wars to be so enticing.
yeah pure speculation

Kelzyne's Avatar


Kelzyne
02.11.2013 , 11:56 PM | #14
No, Walt Disney has aquired the license and rights to all lucas film's holdings for $4B. Ive heard through the grapevine that they are interested in developing an MMO. because they cannot tackle such a massive undertaking themselves, ive heard they are interested in obtaining some of the old SWG programmers for the project. the good thing about this is disney loves money, in saying that they will not hire some incompetent ceo or seo with a superiority complex to dictate the fastest way to crash a burning train wreck. they will listen to people and what they want. coming from a company that used to make nazi cartoons, trust me, they wont care if the fat kid down the street is getting pwned and griefed to tears.....and thats why ill pay to play ladies and gentleman. *we got death sta! we got death sta!"
Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 4.2GHz / 8GB / ATI 6950 / Hyper X SSD / GB 990FXA

BrianDavion's Avatar


BrianDavion
02.12.2013 , 12:15 AM | #15
that link article is just a wishful thinker, based on the flase premise that TOR is failing (it's doing alright. not great but alright) every MMO includeing WOW is failing according to some idiots on the web

Kelzyne's Avatar


Kelzyne
02.12.2013 , 12:18 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
that link article is just a wishful thinker, based on the flase premise that TOR is failing (it's doing alright. not great but alright) every MMO includeing WOW is failing according to some idiots on the web
So true.
Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 4.2GHz / 8GB / ATI 6950 / Hyper X SSD / GB 990FXA

Jiminison's Avatar


Jiminison
02.12.2013 , 01:07 AM | #17
This game can be saved if they listen to what we want plain and simple. SWG concept was way ahead of the technology that existed at the time is why IMO it failed. I could barely walk through it with out spurts of lag but there was just so much stuff to do and the worlds were huge with the right gaming engine swg would have been better plus the way mmos look now swg would be a totally different game. I still feel swtor can be that game with some additions swg had!

Stellatus's Avatar


Stellatus
02.12.2013 , 04:06 PM | #18
I hope not, because this one isn't very good, and I'd hate to see the idea of a Star Wars MMO go out on this note.
DROID DOES.

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
02.12.2013 , 05:15 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelzyne View Post
No, Walt Disney has aquired the license and rights to all lucas film's holdings for $4B. Ive heard through the grapevine that they are interested in developing an MMO. because they cannot tackle such a massive undertaking themselves, ive heard they are interested in obtaining some of the old SWG programmers for the project. the good thing about this is disney loves money, in saying that they will not hire some incompetent ceo or seo with a superiority complex to dictate the fastest way to crash a burning train wreck. they will listen to people and what they want. coming from a company that used to make nazi cartoons, trust me, they wont care if the fat kid down the street is getting pwned and griefed to tears.....and thats why ill pay to play ladies and gentleman. *we got death sta! we got death sta!"
nothing you have heard is true.

Also disney never made Nazi cartoons.

Lord_Karsk's Avatar


Lord_Karsk
02.14.2013 , 02:58 AM | #20
I sure hope so, i'm tired of developers making games for investorst for a quick profit while the fans are stuck with a game that have nothing to do with the real star wars universe.