Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome to Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Welcome to Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

captindoom
02.13.2013 , 08:26 AM | #81
This gree thing is pretty good

jabahaba
02.13.2013 , 09:19 AM | #82
What level does the character have to be to participate in the Gree event?

Ogler
02.13.2013 , 10:24 AM | #83
For me this update was a utter waste of time and space on my hard drive.
As many people have stated, the PVP game is completely destroyed because of the smash-speccs or the bubble-speccs. Right now i am rolling "lowbie" chars as this is the only way to play PVP right now.
Also we didnt get any new PVE content.. oh.. dont say the Gree event is acutally PVE because its PVP all over the place. Sadly the last part with the pylons are so badly made, that people actually stopped PVPing because all relised that if we PVP around the pylon, no-one will be able to get any points... so to sum that quest up.. no pvp in a FFA PVP-zone!
Secondly this reputation thing, c'mon Bioware! you have the must amazing title and licens to do something amazing but so far you are not thinking outside the box!! You are rolling on thinking that reputation was introduced in some other game then we must have it. You implement it to get players to grind the least played areas of the game, that aint new content that just trying to force players to play poorly created zones and events. The rewards for this reputation is another joke, for exemple, Heroic space mission reputation requires you to get Hero status before you can buy any rewards! first of all i need grade 7 equipment, then run quests for 1.3k credits and 630 reputation points per quest and i need looooooads of them before i can buy a helmet for 200k credits. But of course.... grinding to hero status for 1.2k credits quest would probably give me 200k credits so i can buy the helmet....

Sadly, this update really, for me, was a utter and complete let-down. No flashpoints, no raid, no new useful rewards( not counting new looks here, but something that would actually benefit me as a character in PVE or PVP). No fixes for the PVP-game.

Just hoping now that a fix for PVP will come quick and Makeb will be something to really blow my mind...

MidnyteTragedy
02.13.2013 , 11:10 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by jabahaba View Post
What level does the character have to be to participate in the Gree event?
They say 45+, but I'm a lvl 45 Tankassin and I can't seem to run the PvE dailies solo, but YMMV.
Member of Arch Presidium on The Ebon Hawk
Mdnyte - lvl 55 Sith Assassin / Ta-Khara - lvl 50 Mercenary
Felyn'dril - lvl 49 Jedi Sentinel / Majidah - lvl 45 Marauder

_Bonifacius_
02.13.2013 , 12:34 PM | #85
Ok this is the first time I complain about Bioware.... But you seriously missed the point of this game.

Cartel Market is good but this is a Star Wars MMO, not a fashion competition to see who has the most expensive and awesome gear. You really think that CC will keep this game running? It won't.
The reason behind us blaming you without sense is because you don't communicate, a pair of words weekly about the topics we want to know about would make you player base more friendly; and you know it wont take you more than a few minutes. (SGR, smashers and bubblers to name a few)

You did an awesome game and you do awesome content. Bioware always does quality stories, we don't know how hard is to work on this game, we don't know how hard is to keep up with out constant moaning. The only thing we know is what bothers us about PvP and PvE

Communicating will do more for keeping this alive than what CC will.

Keep up the good work beacause not everything you do is bad... You're still miles ahead of other games.
The Bonifacius Legacy
Ven Zallow >> Jung Ma >> The Ebon Hawk

Khorok - Jedi Guardian, Thalamaia - Jedi Shadow, Xerxhes - Vanguard
Idaria - Sniper, Akinyul - Sith Sorcerer

Mevan
02.13.2013 , 02:42 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by _Bonifacius_ View Post
Cartel Market is good but this is a Star Wars MMO, not a fashion competition to see who has the most expensive and awesome gear. .
No word of a lie, I've spent less money on real clothes than I have on Cartel Market gear. Pretty bad when virtual items cost more than real ones :')

Axeno
02.13.2013 , 03:27 PM | #87
I absolutely love the new event! In my opinion it's good mixing PvE and PvP in an event like this, a little something for everyone.

The repsystem is great! I've always loved Voss, section x not so much, but whatever. The reputation rewards may be a bit lacking outside of the gree. For the future, how about adding Voss as a playable race for the ones that max out rep with them? Feels like a good carrot and it shouldn't be that hard to implement (and later add on CM for 4000 or something like that for the ones that don't want to work for it).

Jonnara
02.13.2013 , 05:01 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Axeno View Post
I absolutely love the new event! In my opinion it's good mixing PvE and PvP in an event like this, a little something for everyone.

The repsystem is great! I've always loved Voss, section x not so much, but whatever. The reputation rewards may be a bit lacking outside of the gree. For the future, how about adding Voss as a playable race for the ones that max out rep with them? Feels like a good carrot and it shouldn't be that hard to implement (and later add on CM for 4000 or something like that for the ones that don't want to work for it).
Personally there is nothing i like at all with this event, i don't pvp and haven't since season 2 of WOW arena and reputation is just more of world of failcraft i have been trying to get away from.
Proud Member of the Master Dead'Nada Server

Mevan
02.13.2013 , 05:56 PM | #89
Just got into the Gray Secant and did all the missions inside- got to say, the initial impression I got from this event was a bit "meh", but as it was with the Theoretika, it is with the the Secant. Truly good work with that devs, even if there is a saddening lack of cinematics.

SupremeLegate
02.13.2013 , 09:59 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Thylbanus View Post
Reputation is a weekly thing. Does that mean it gets reset back to 0 or is it a plateau system, where once you have it you don't go back, just drop to the beginning of each plateau?
It's only weekly in how much you can earn total for a week, but once you get the RXP you have it for good. Once you get the max RXP for the week you can simply save the rewards that give you RXP until the limit resets.

I've actually already reach the limit for the Gree, just stock piling now until next Tuesday.