Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing Shield Vanguards/Pyrotechs PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing Shield Vanguards/Pyrotechs PvP-wise?

RougeBeaver
02.10.2013 , 04:31 AM | #11
I'm in agreement, both non-Pyro trees of the vanguard/PT are incredibly underpowered and need some love.

Even in PVE the tank vanguards seem to fall short compared to the other two tanking classes...

Also can you restrict the use of taunts (especially AoE taunts) to the respective tanking stance/cell? It makes no sense that DPS classes can divert damage better than tanks can by taunting and killing off the marauding opponents fast enough to annul their damage to teammates. It would promote more actual tanking in PVP which we could certainly use.
The only true profit in this galaxy is freedom.

Helig
02.10.2013 , 06:34 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ARagingNoob View Post
I would be happy if they just made Ironfist viable again, great post though. Our PT tanks need some love, believe it or not not ALL of us enjoy playing 4 button Pyro :\
Pretty much this. Fully approve.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Riggz
02.10.2013 , 01:06 PM | #13
/signed
Urdnought Level 55 Operative
Urdonught Level 55 Scoundrel
<GRIM DETERMINATION>
<INFAMOUS>

Gniev
02.12.2013 , 12:22 AM | #14
Make that thread a sticky .

Alternative would be to make our shields work on all types of damage, but with its effectiveness greatly reduced. Seeing how many many talents increase our chance to block as well as absorbtion, tree will never be viable in pvp if the shield is useless there.

And I'd go step further, and restrict taunting not only to tanking stance but also to a tanking offhand

NoTomorrow
02.12.2013 , 01:20 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Gniev View Post

Alternative would be to make our shields work on all types of damage, but with its effectiveness greatly reduced. Seeing how many many talents increase our chance to block as well as absorbtion, tree will never be viable in pvp if the shield is useless there.

And I'd go step further, and restrict taunting not only to tanking stance but also to a tanking offhand
just make the taunts for non-tanks weaker like only 10% damage reduction
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Joesixxpack
02.12.2013 , 11:03 AM | #16
Good thread, I miss 'Storm and Stab' build. Not the best, but the laugh factor of leaping like a Knight and bashing/slashing reds to death was priceless.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
POT5 | HARBINGER

Shatterstar
02.12.2013 , 02:07 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Gniev View Post

My thought exactly, until using a shield in pvp is viable, tanks (besides juggs for huttball maybe) will be in short supply for pvp.
The Darksabbath Legacy
Ranseur (PT Tank) Andari (Fury Marauder)
Bil'li (Marks Sniper) Vaprous (Tanksin)
And a host of other alts...

Danapa
02.12.2013 , 06:29 PM | #18
Ive been a Vanguard tank for almost 1 year didnt even have the dps gear till now i give up i just respected to assault and threw away my tank gear.