Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Congrats on breaking GTN search. AGAIN.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Congrats on breaking GTN search. AGAIN.

Asavrede
02.12.2013 , 10:05 AM | #1
As of 1.7 it is no longer possible to search for two digit numbers, so it is impossible to search for a specific grade of gear over level 50. Every search parameter must be at least three digits/letters.

This is a core functionality for both crafters and customers. It needs to be possible to search for, for instance, "armoring 27". There is no known workaround.

I'm not sure what you guys tried to fix, but as usual it's one step forward, two steps back.

You could at least have enabled searches over level 50 (item level), which would be a viable (yet slow and cumbersome) workaround. If you want to limit searches this way, at least name your items accordingly! (ie. armoring 027 or whatever)

Doel
02.12.2013 , 10:09 AM | #2
Just discovered this annoying bug too. Tried to search for a mod with a number on it and wondered why in the world the GTN didn't present me with any results.

ZeroOneNine
02.12.2013 , 10:32 AM | #3
Waaaaait a minute... you're not congratulating them at all!

SatyrFox
02.12.2013 , 10:45 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Asavrede View Post
As of 1.7 it is no longer possible to search for two digit numbers, so it is impossible to search for a specific grade of gear over level 50. Every search parameter must be at least three digits/letters.

This is a core functionality for both crafters and customers. It needs to be possible to search for, for instance, "armoring 27". There is no known workaround.

I'm not sure what you guys tried to fix, but as usual it's one step forward, two steps back.

You could at least have enabled searches over level 50 (item level), which would be a viable (yet slow and cumbersome) workaround. If you want to limit searches this way, at least name your items accordingly! (ie. armoring 027 or whatever)
Yes. This. I was about to start a thread of my own!

It's a minor change, but it does affect a lot of crafters out there, and buyers!!

Please fix. :-)

AlixMV
02.12.2013 , 10:54 AM | #5
I opened an in-game bug for this this morning; it affects more than just 'post Level 50', it's Level 25+.
~ Jedi Covenant ~ (formerly Kass City & Canderous Ordo)
Sollyni ~ Brixyl ~ Jynnifyr / Serateh ~ Ydris

_Scorilo_
02.12.2013 , 11:00 AM | #6
TBH, I was hoping for some enhancements to the GTN and not a broken feature... It is a pity that a game like this suffers from so many small (and not so small) technical issues. I wonder what their QA is doing?

two_beer
02.12.2013 , 11:07 AM | #7
The GTN already has a clumsy interface with limited functionality (ex - Usable By: - yeah, that works) but to remove the ability to do a direct search for an exact item name is preposterous.

And since we're screaming for fixes, add shift click item name pasting to the GTN. No, wait, just fix what you just broke.

PlasmaJohn
02.12.2013 , 01:02 PM | #8
Swell. Single character searches are also needed: Grade 4 Armoring (ship stuff)