Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Wrong security code after sudden deconnection

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Wrong security code after sudden deconnection
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Cerimon
02.12.2013 , 09:33 AM | #11 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi NarcoIX,

Please let us know if today's maintenance has resolved this issue for you.

Thanks.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Killiman
02.12.2013 , 09:52 AM | #12
I also had this problem. I had to call SWTOR support and have them remove the key. I had to uninstall my mobile key app and reinstall it, then set it up with my account again. Just did this today, 12 Feb 2012.
Killiman Jareau

kmkweenkitty
02.12.2013 , 12:24 PM | #13
Hey guys,

Customer Service was really good to me and got back to me very quickly by email. Although it took awhile (almost an hour) to get through on the phone, the only way to resolve the issue, in my case, was to call in and have them remove the security key. They did tell me that sometimes when there is a new patch the security key app can stop working. I decided not to get another security key because of these issues. That and who really wants to be on hold on the phone for that long again, yikes. Best of luck to all of you with the same issue. Try calling tech support and having them remove the security key is your best bet

NarcoIX
02.14.2013 , 05:57 AM | #14
Hello,

The tuesday's maintenance didn't solve my problem . So, i bought some Skype credits then i called the french customer service . They were very responsive and the correspondent I had through the phone deleted the key from my account (I called at midnight so I just had to wait , like , 5 min) .
This was the only solution , so if you have the same problem , I recommend you get a Skype subscription (to France is 1.7 / 120 min) to call the customer service , as it has been said , it is fairly cheap .

Thanks all for your help .

Necronomicanomic
02.14.2013 , 06:15 AM | #15
I know a 100% fix to this cause it happened to me 2 days ago, same thing. I was in a wz then got instant dc straight to desktop. Kept telling me everything was wrong. So then I tried to log into website, it wouldn't let me get past that kept telling me security key not found please try again. So Call bioware and tell them to disable your security key and it will fix it. I was on hold for about 1 hour before I could get a response, but hey I had the same exact problem you did and it was fixed in less than 5 min. So call Bioware telephone number for support. and select Account and Billing
on the menu selection via telephone, then explain to them whats going on and they will disable it for you.

todorovh
02.14.2013 , 10:43 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Necronomicanomic View Post
I know a 100% fix to this cause it happened to me 2 days ago, same thing. I was in a wz then got instant dc straight to desktop. Kept telling me everything was wrong. So then I tried to log into website, it wouldn't let me get past that kept telling me security key not found please try again. So Call bioware and tell them to disable your security key and it will fix it. I was on hold for about 1 hour before I could get a response, but hey I had the same exact problem you did and it was fixed in less than 5 min. So call Bioware telephone number for support. and select Account and Billing
on the menu selection via telephone, then explain to them whats going on and they will disable it for you.
Just got hte same issue

Calling Bioware and holding on the line for an hour would cost a FORTUNE where I live.. Why on earth should I pay extra for having access to my account ?

I quit WoW over a similar problem ... it took them about 2 weeks to resolve it .. at least it was done through their website support and e-mail.

NarcoIX
02.25.2013 , 11:50 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by todorovh View Post
Just got hte same issue

Calling Bioware and holding on the line for an hour would cost a FORTUNE where I live.. Why on earth should I pay extra for having access to my account ?

I quit WoW over a similar problem ... it took them about 2 weeks to resolve it .. at least it was done through their website support and e-mail.
As i said, i reccomend you get a Skype subscription ! It's really cheap even for international calls .

Ruffas
02.25.2013 , 11:56 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by NarcoIX View Post
As i said, i reccomend you get a Skype subscription ! It's really cheap even for international calls .
And as people said, why we paying customers have to pay additional fee to solve technical problems caused by Bioware? I don't want to start throw dirt into anyone (It's really nice to see that Yellow Guys are trying to help), but the whole situation is really stupid. And yes I can see that many people here will say that it only takes few minutes to unbind app/key, but it's a matter of principles to stand one's ground.