Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Galactic Reputation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Galactic Reputation
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JamieKirby's Avatar


JamieKirby
02.09.2013 , 09:26 AM | #321
So, any solo things? cause i can never do the hardmode space missions, the way you have done the space combat is....shall we say.....extremely primitive by todays' standards, if it was more like Tie Fighter (as in, a proper space sim, then i wouldn't have an issue.

Anyway, if the reputation is only for endgame levels, then its rather pointless, it should be available from level 1, like Korriban or something and there really shouldn't be a weekly cap, the crap you will likely get from the vendors will be cosmetic stuff, at best.

I am still waiting for you guys to make the legacy gear scale by level, that would rock and then would make them worth buying.

TW-Cool's Avatar


TW-Cool
02.09.2013 , 11:31 AM | #322
I will consider my thoughts on this to be neutral overall. I'm going to do Section X anyway for BH comms once a week (nothing more, yuck), so why not give me rep as I go.

The new Gree event should be exciting, although I'm hoping I dont have to PVP if I dont want to. Time will tell what exactly that has in store for us. This will be my first World Event since I subbed beginning of Sept.

H4 missions on Voss weren't very fun, but the planet was the most beautiful planet I think, so it will be nice to revisit because of that at least. Maybe if EA-BW adds the Voss heroics to Group Finder with a daily reward as incentive that could help.

The down side of this is the Space Missions rep. I've only done about 2 space missions ever ha. I'd rather see EA-BW give us swoop track racing or POD racing if it was invented yet. I enjoyed Ep 1 Pod Racer back in the day ha. Then a new rep system for racing of course. It would be brand new, so everyone would be doing it for the new content and not just for the grind.

Positives and negatives make me neutral.

Ayradyss's Avatar


Ayradyss
02.09.2013 , 01:29 PM | #323
Hmm. No new mission content, just new rewards for doing the same old stuff. And it's not really even rewards, but a currency to grind to get new rewards. Joy. This is exactly the kind of grind that turns me off of these games. In no way do I consider the 'Galactic Reputation' system to be an improvement.

Mercathode's Avatar


Mercathode
02.09.2013 , 01:50 PM | #324
I know it'd be difficult but it would be cool if this somehow affected the way NPC's react to you. Same people that you have visited or gotten missions from have an extra conversation option maybe based on the rep level?

Paulalexander's Avatar


Paulalexander
02.09.2013 , 03:12 PM | #325
Will there be a limit to how long this is around?

Aries_cz's Avatar


Aries_cz
02.09.2013 , 05:17 PM | #326
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayradyss View Post
Hmm. No new mission content, just new rewards for doing the same old stuff. And it's not really even rewards, but a currency to grind to get new rewards. Joy. This is exactly the kind of grind that turns me off of these games. In no way do I consider the 'Galactic Reputation' system to be an improvement.
Yeah, no new content, except a completely reworked area on Ilum with new missions... sheesh...
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

Dzeniss's Avatar


Dzeniss
02.09.2013 , 06:15 PM | #327
Quote: Originally Posted by Angry_Ferth View Post
Then why not give us a blog about the revamped ilum pvp? this reputation system is nothing but carrot-on-a-stick filler for grind donkeys. And they aren't even using fresh carrots. This whole proposed system is garbage. If having reputation with a given faction meant something beyond a title and "some kind of gear" it would be way more impactful. Give each faction a collective reputation. Allow us to actually sway Voss and Gree sentiment, and then give us meaningful rewards for doing so.

Not to mention that the only new content that even seems to be included in this reputation system is whatever crazy crap they come up with for the gree/ilum pve event. This is grasping at straws, hoping people are dumb enough to think the new wrapper isn't hiding tI he same ****.

The whole blog just made this update feel really weak. Quick, give us some good news, because this certainly doesn't make me want to keep playing.

Im like bigeast G E A R I repeat GEAR GRIND Monkey out there. I wanna gear grind for BiS all day long. And then when I come with this full Legend armor set I wanna come to a casual like u and oneshoot u and make u so so mad that next time I open forum that ur name will be first of the firsts in the cry list.

And btw bioware if u dont give us some OP **** rep gear like in WoW this is gona fail!

Aries_cz's Avatar


Aries_cz
02.10.2013 , 02:07 AM | #328
Quote: Originally Posted by Dzeniss View Post
Im like bigeast G E A R I repeat GEAR GRIND Monkey out there. I wanna gear grind for BiS all day long. And then when I come with this full Legend armor set I wanna come to a casual like u and oneshoot u and make u so so mad that next time I open forum that ur name will be first of the firsts in the cry list.

And btw bioware if u dont give us some OP **** rep gear like in WoW this is gona fail!
Obvious troll is obvious...
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

NeoWolf's Avatar


NeoWolf
02.10.2013 , 12:44 PM | #329
So looking at the "how to Earn" part of the Reputation system post it seems apparent Reputation is essentially a mechanic for groups only.

As around 60% of most games player bases are made up of preodminantly solo players..this seems like a bit of a slap in the face to us.

Rep grinds are bad enough..but rep grinds which exclude the majority of us? sort of self defeating.

Pity too as I was looking forward to it
THE HIDDEN CADRE

Mature, Casual, RP-PVE, GMT, English speaking, Social, forum use required

Aries_cz's Avatar


Aries_cz
02.10.2013 , 01:57 PM | #330
Quote: Originally Posted by NeoWolf View Post
So looking at the "how to Earn" part of the Reputation system post it seems apparent Reputation is essentially a mechanic for groups only.

As around 60% of most games player bases are made up of preodminantly solo players..this seems like a bit of a slap in the face to us.

Rep grinds are bad enough..but rep grinds which exclude the majority of us? sort of self defeating.

Pity too as I was looking forward to it
Huh?
Gree should have plenty of solo missions
Space is solo
Section X is solo, except one mission
Voss heroics, unless they are some new ones, should be soloable at lvl 50
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos