Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is BW sitting on Paid Character Transfers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is BW sitting on Paid Character Transfers?

Icebergy
02.08.2013 , 02:05 PM | #421
Signed. I have a thread about this in the Cartel Market forum as well.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

Icebergy
02.08.2013 , 02:05 PM | #422
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

CTyler
02.08.2013 , 02:29 PM | #423
Just adding my name to the pile here. This service is badly needed to mitigate player frustration over having characters spread all over the place and not being able to take full advantage of Legacy. I said this is another thread, but will repeat here: if you're going to add something as awesome as Legacy, but do it post-launch and make it server-restricted, you've got to allow people to consolidate their characters if they want after the fact.

If this had been a feature at launch, then choosing to roll on multiple servers was your own call and you should deal with it. But Legacy wasn't there at launch, nor were there any warnings that maybe rolling your characters on more than one server would be a move that could be severely limiting later on. C'mon BW, do the right thing here. There are so few servers now that imbalance can't be too high of a concern...there are only so many places you can go!

TonyDragonflame
02.08.2013 , 04:15 PM | #424
/signed
We need character transfers!
May the Force be with you!
Vigilance vr 100 | Scrapper vr 91 | Focus vr 91 | Assault vr 88 | Infiltration v 82 | Sharpshooter v 73
Manhunter 110+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

Beechnutt
02.09.2013 , 04:52 PM | #425
I really would love to be able to consolidate all my characters on one server to get the legacy benefits. Please get this going. I don't mind paying to transfer, just please get this operational.

Beechnutt
02.09.2013 , 04:55 PM | #426
29461 posts... roughly ... at 25bucks a transfer ... I know I'd do several, but just calculating one per person requesting that's over 3/4 of a MILLION dollars. How could the opportunity cost of not having this feature be higher than the potential revenue.

Beechnutt
02.09.2013 , 04:57 PM | #427
in the words of the kid's today!

Shut up and take my money!

Jonoku
02.09.2013 , 07:16 PM | #428
good news they are committed to doing it now that they have their F2P side of the game setup, I just hope its before the expansion because its hard to enjoy content without characters on the correct server.
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

Baalzamon
02.09.2013 , 11:13 PM | #429
/signed
I really wanna transfer my other chars from Eu server to American server.

Likomg
02.09.2013 , 11:19 PM | #430
Quote: Originally Posted by Baalzamon View Post
/signed
I really wanna transfer my other chars from Eu server to American server.
Am pretty sure they had said something, somewhere, about this not being allowed even after transfers are reinstituted. Hopefully I am wrong, for your sake, as I hear servers abroad are in bad shape.